Can anyone tell me why the coffee got bad on ncl

knitwitt44

No I didn't try the hot water thing but that's a wonderful idea. The tea I had was a pod that you put in the Lavazza machine similar to my Keurig I have at home. Sometimes at home if all I have is bold coffee I'll run it through twice and just drink the second cup. I don't think you could do that with the Lavazza.

You could always ask your butler to snag you a 4c coffee maker (like they use in the balcony cabins). Before you make your Lavazza coffee, heat just a partial pot of water in the 4 cup and use it to add.

Sorry I don't know much about Lavazza machines, just a thought.

You could always ask your butler to snag you a 4c coffee maker (like they use in the balcony cabins). Before you make your Lavazza coffee, heat just a partial pot of water in the 4 cup and use it to add.

Sorry I don't know much about Lavazza machines, just a thought.

I think the Lavazza will do just hot water. Next cabin will be just a balcony. I'm one of those rare few who weren't spoiled by the suite experience. Might do it again if the price was right and will always try to book deck 10 aft balconies if available because of the size but would be happy with any balcony.

For the suite cruisers there is the Lavazza machine in most staterooms.

And the wonderful French Press coffee in Cagney's.

The coffee can vary from location to location, even down to different dispensers in the same venue.

One surefire way to have a great cup is to take several packets of Starbucks Via. It's the best instant coffee I have found. They have several varieties.

That is EXACTLY what I do......I actually prefer the Via over the Lavazza machines....just a personal taste.......:)

Our last cruise was over a year ago on the Star, but the coffee was so good we inquired as to what kind it was.

I will say that I was sad to see the cappuccino machines disappear from the buffets; I really looked forward to that in the morning.

"...I was sad to see the cappuccino machines disappear from the buffets..."

They were working just fine on the Gem as of yesterday. Love the sound of beans grinding!

David

??? The machines are back :confused:

Two words: cost cutting.

They are shaving expenses in EVERY possible place to keep costs down.

Fine and Jim Dandy,

Name a company/corporation that do not practice "cost cutting" to survive this tough economic situation. If you haven't noticed, many people lost their job in private and public sector these few years, and quality of service went downhill also.

I have "Complete Guide to Cruising & Cruise Ships" by Douglas Ward from the public library. According to the book, all major cruise lines had flunked his coffee test. He gave Costa line the highest score 5 out of 10. The rest of the major lines score only between 1 and 3 out of 10. NCL get 2 out of 10 if anyone wants to know..

The fallacy of petitio principii, or "begging the question", is committed "when a proposition which requires proof is assumed without proof", or more generally denotes when an assumption is used, "in some form of the very proposition to be proved, as a premise from which to deduce it".Thus, insofar as petitio principii refers to arguing for a conclusion that has already been assumed in the premise, this fallacy consists of "begging" the listener to accept the "question" (proposition) before the labor of logic is undertaken. The fallacy may be committed in various ways.

In this case "the coffee got bad" is the proposition assumed without proof!

If I ask "Any ideas why I used to like the NCL coffee and now I don't?" it's more logical. Just sayin'.:D

• 2 weeks later...
Hello valleyvillage !

Noticed you on several treads and understand you have a lot of experience with the suite life! This will be our first, 2 room familysuite. We dutchies as we are also like the Nespresso, but if i understand correctly the machine in the suite will make me and DH very Happy! Is it also possible to make cappucino or something like that for my DD of 16?

Any other must do/try?

Hope you also have a sail coming up we all 4 are totaly cruisefans!:D

I'm sorry I just noticed this! You will be able to make a nice latte or cap with the steam nozzle, just ask your butler for lots of milk!

Bon Voyage!

I think NCL is trying to emulate the upscale lines. We were on the Oceania Marina last month and their coffee was dreadful. We did have the option of going to their coffee bar by Lavazza but that didn't help for breakfast. As a reference, we drink Dunkin' Donuts at home.

We were on the 2/18 Jewel sailing, and I posted a crazy-long review. I forgot to say it in the review, but my husband and I loved the coffee on the Jewel. Really enjoyed it in the morning, sometimes during the day, and usually after dinner.

And by the way, the hubby is a cop, so he knows his coffee! (Couldn't find a decent donut onboard though - hahaha, just kidding.)

I guess it really is just a matter of personal preference, huh?

I guess it really is just a matter of personal preference, huh?

Absolutely right.

IMO it has nothing to do with the coffee actually being good or bad. Better in some places on the ship than others. It is all in personal preference.

Archived