Daylight Saving Time and Disembarkation

Rudolph38

Just today I realize that our cruise will be ending in Tampa on the first day of Daylight Savings Time.

Does anyone know if this is taken into consideration by the captain when he sails into Tampa Bay? That is, if docking is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. (I know there are factors that can affect that.), will it be 7:00 a.m. EDT? Or will it be 7:00 a.m. on the old time, which would really be 8:00 a.m. EDT?

Maybe this sounds like a very trivial question, but we have a plane to catch at noon, and if there are any other delays, that hour might make a difference.

Thanks for your input.

Rudy

Just today I realize that our cruise will be ending in Tampa on the first day of Daylight Savings Time.

Does anyone know if this is taken into consideration by the captain when he sails into Tampa Bay? That is, if docking is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. (I know there are factors that can affect that.), will it be 7:00 a.m. EDT? Or will it be 7:00 a.m. on the old time, which would really be 8:00 a.m. EDT?

Maybe this sounds like a very trivial question, but we have a plane to catch at noon, and if there are any other delays, that hour might make a difference.

Thanks for your input.

Rudy

Rudy, there are time changes all the time all over the world. The time that the ship is scheduled to arrive is based on the time in that port. So, if your time 7:00 a.m. (assuming the ship is on time), then you should arrive at 7 am whether it's daylight savings time or not:D

That is, if docking is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. (I know there are factors that can affect that.), will it be 7:00 a.m. EDT?

Yes. The clocks will change 1 hr forward at 2:00 AM.

That's two posts for "don't worry".

Archived