Details on Future Cruise Certificate

dioxide45

We bought a FCC back in May 2010 and are using it for a November cruise. We are also going on a Carnival cruise in May where we plan to buy a couple more. The FCC we got in 2010 was $100 and gave you an OBC based on the length of the cruise. It was valid for 5 years and the $100 was fully refundable. If you decided at year four and a half you couldn't use it, you just called up and they would refund the $100 paid to buy the FCC.

Are the FCC they sell today work the same? If not, what changes have been made. I think I recall reading here that the newer ones were not as good as those in the past.

Can you clairfy something for me, my understanding is you book a cruise then after you have paid your deposit you submit you FCC credit. Is that not correct? I'm sure that's how we did it last year. Friends were told they must submit before they booked:confused: Also, can you remind me how to submit this online?

Thanks

Can you clairfy something for me, my understanding is you book a cruise then after you have paid your deposit you submit you FCC credit. Is that not correct? I'm sure that's how we did it last year. Friends were told they must submit before they booked:confused: Also, can you remind me how to submit this online?

Thanks

Yes, use it after you have booked and made a deposit. You can do it online here.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/futurevacationcert.html

If you booked thru a TA, can you still use the site above and redeem your FCC yourself. Or does the TA do the FCC for you?

Yes you can. But let your TA know if you haven't made final payment because they will send you a new invoice less $100.

Archived