Bayou Cafe and Steakhouse

lafngas

Which ships is this for fee dining venue on?

Any reviews as to how it stacks up to Sabatinis,Sterling or Crown Grill in quality?

Only the Coral and Island have the Bayou Cafe and Steakhouse. It has a New Orleans theme and fewer steak options. We have only eaten there once but the tables by the window are very nice. With later nightfall in Alaska you can get some great views for dinner. We were able to watch a pod of dolphins swimming along with the ship while having dinner. There is also a dance floor in the restaurant and you can enjoy live music and watch people dance with your dinner starting at 7:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We ate in the Bayou Cafe on the Coral Princess. Didn't like the fact that the steaks (huge) only came in one option. While the steak I chose was excellent it was way to big for me but the cooking options for the others did not appeal to me. Quality and quantity of food was good but we prefer the Crown Grill. Have also tried Sabatinis but not since the menu changed so can't compare .

We have eaten at three out of the four you mentioned. Have never done the Bayou Grill. I can say we love Sabitinis and enjoyed the Crown Grille so much we ate there twice on the last cruise. Sterling was a big disappointment . Food and service quality not up to the Grown Grille. Example is I ordered the sautéed mushrooms with my steak and they were canned mushrooms heated....no attempt to sautéed or spice them up. Plus being a part of the Horizon Court takes away from the experience. We look forward to dining again next month in the Crown Grille but wil not be dining in Sterlings when we sail on the Sapphire the end of the year. The lack of a Crown Grille is one of the Sapphire/Diamond's drawbacks.

We prefer the Bayou as you can listen to live jazz while you eat..

We do too! The jazz band makes the ambiance much, much nicer than Sabatinis or the Crown Grill (not that they don't have ambiance :D). We'll be on the Coral this summer and are really looking forward to both the food and the jazz at the Bayou.

We'll be on the Sapphire in three months and maybe we will try Sterlings but I have to say the descriptions of the set-up don't really make it sound all that inviting. Maybe someone can allay those concerns?

We ate in the Bayou Cafe on the Coral Princess. Didn't like the fact that the steaks (huge) only came in one option. While the steak I chose was excellent it was way to big for me but the cooking options for the others did not appeal to me. Quality and quantity of food was good but we prefer the Crown Grill. Have also tried Sabatinis but not since the menu changed so can't compare .

What do you mean that the steaks only came in one option? Are you referencing the size of each type? Or the sauces?

We ate there on our recent Island Princess cruise and it was a very enjoyable experience, but as always too much food. As I recall they had all the standard types of steaks and other options. The Oysters were outstanding. IMO it is a great bargain at $20 pp.

We do too! The jazz band makes the ambiance much, much nicer than Sabatinis or the Crown Grill (not that they don't have ambiance :D). We'll be on the Coral this summer and are really looking forward to both the food and the jazz at the Bayou.

We'll be on the Sapphire in three months and maybe we will try Sterlings but I have to say the descriptions of the set-up don't really make it sound all that inviting. Maybe someone can allay those concerns?

I mentioned this on another thread recently, but our experiences in the Sterling Steakhouse have always been outstanding in terms of food and service. The Sterling on the Sapphire is at the rear starboard side of the Horizon Court and is closed off from the rest of the buffet. It may not have the ambiance of the Crown Grill, but it does have nice views. Our experiences in the Crown Grill have been really hit and miss. Out of three meals there, only one was satisfactory.

The two times we have eaten at the Bayou Cafe have been excellent. We enjoyed the live jazz too! :)

Archived