welcome abord pic "the sea is calling"

My friend told me today what royal caribbean is taking a welcome aboard pic with a shell from the comercial " the sea is calling " do you know anything abou this? I could be really cool is its true but I havent read anything in here yet:rolleyes:

-14.jpg

I think I would rather be set on fire.

Haha, the responses to this were funny!

The sea's voice to me is relaxing. The woman doing to the RCI sea voice is quite creepy, especially when on hold with them!!

Best,

Sunny

I was on hold with that voice for like 5 minutes. It was horrible. I think Adam Goldstein should be put on hold and see how he likes it...Im betting he would also rather be "set on fire".

the only commercial i hate more than the shell phone is that stupid one for JCP with all the screaming people...even my cat hated it.....

I hated that JCP commercial also. It was awful and was also very ineffective.

I'm glad it is done with.

And I don't think I want my picture taken with a shell.

I hated that JCP commercial also. It was awful and was also very ineffective.

I'm glad it is done with.

And I don't think I want my picture taken with a shell.

well...i haven't shopped in there since the commercials started!

and no, i do not need a 20 buck photo of me with the shell phone..i can do that for free!:p

First of all... good god, no! "The Sea is calling" is really obnoxious and I do not want to encourage it!

Secondly,

the only commercial i hate more than the shell phone is that stupid one for JCP with all the screaming people...even my cat hated it.....

LOL! That commercial was pretty bad. Though my hubby hated it ten times more than I did so it was worth it to play the thing back over and over just to drive him crazy. :D

Personally.....I love the commercial, I love the idea of the sea talking to me, and I even have a desk shell from RCI and can play it any time I want. I hope to get my pic taken with the shell!!

I'm with you. I think the commercial is really well done although I could see how it could get annoying after being on hold for a while.:eek:

So... What you're saying, is that you want me to put something that over 1000 other people have touched, with their grimey hands, to my face... Just so you can take my picture???

At least there will be photo evidence when the CDC comes on board to ask what the possible start of the latest NORO outbreak might be from...

Hmmm... What's this? Did EVERYONE on board touch this and put it to their ear? Is there a handwashing station near by???

No thank you... The commercial is clever yet cheezy... IMO...

We love the commercial too. Shortly before our last cruise, I took our large conch shell in to the bedroom (as my cell phone was actually ringing), handed it to Francesca and said "It's For You!" She laughed her butt off. We make 'sea calling' jokes all the time. :)

But, no, we would not want a ship-board picture of that.

So... What you're saying, is that you want me to put something that over 1000 other people have touched, with their grimey hands, to my face... Just so you can take my picture???

At least there will be photo evidence when the CDC comes on board to ask what the possible start of the latest NORO outbreak might be from...

Hmmm... What's this? Did EVERYONE on board touch this and put it to their ear? Is there a handwashing station near by???

No thank you... The commercial is clever yet cheezy... IMO...

Clever yet "cheezy" ???????which one is it???? Have you ever used a courtesy phone or your cabin phone. Guess what, a thousand people have used it before you.

I'm surprised a germaphobe such as yourself would be found any where near a cruise ship.

Clever yet "cheezy" ???????which one is it???? Have you ever used a courtesy phone or your cabin phone. Guess what, a thousand people have used it before you.

I'm surprised a germaphobe such as yourself would be found any where near a cruise ship.

Clever... yes. It is an interesting idea...

Cheezy... yes. After about the 3 time seeing it I start to long for the old 'Lust for Life' commercials.

I try not to use courtesy phones or the cabin phone... At least the room steward cleans the one in the room and I can wash my hands right then and there in the cabin if I have too. Is there someone there with a wipe everytime someone 'answers' the shell-phone???

Not so much a germaphobe as to not enjoy cruising, just avoiding situations that could cause a much larger issue. Next time you board, keep your eyes open as to whom is ahead of you in line and see what they do with their hands. Adults can be just as gross as children. The DW asked me this past weekend the same thing. I pulled my hand into my sleeve to open the door when entering the mall. Her words exactly... Why are you being such a germaphobe? Um, honey... We are getting on a ship in a week, I am NOT getting sick this close to sailing.

Call it self-preservation.

I hope everyone else becomes germaphobes on board so we don't have to deal with a NORO outbreak. 12 nights curled up next to the loo with the DW... NO THANK YOU!!!

OMG I hate that one too. I changed the channel everytime that would come on.

Archived