Discounts on Beverage Packages

KathyTPC

The offer was for BeverAge packages booked online before Jan 31, 2012. Your sailing could have been later in the year, but as long as you booked it online before Jan 31, you got the 10% discount. We sailed on Jan 28th and the offer was not available for packages booked on-board.

I posted back in January about how I was being charged the full amount £1076 for 2x14 nights premium alcohol packages when I tried to book package despite querying this with customer relations U.K. I went ahead and bought it anyway then wrote to customer relations with all the information. Yesterday I received an phone call from them with an apology and $170 added to my obc so it was worth persevering.:D:D

Hi All,

The 10% OFF Discount was offered by Celebrity if pre-purchased in the month of January... it was valid for any cruise in 2012 (I know, because our cruise in January 2013 didn't qualify :( )

The offer came about while I was on my Solstice Cruise (January 15th)... actually right about the time that the Costa Concordia sank...

I remember that I couldn't help but wonder if it was a "feel good about cruising" move on Celebrity's part.

Will they offer it again?

Anyone's guess... but considering it was good for ALL Cruises in 2012, they may not have to.

=== === ===

Are you paying less by purchasing the package in advance rather than on board? Or is the only benefit that your SeaPass card is printed with the designation?

Thanks.

TO MEGAFLA,

Price is the same whether you buy in advance or onboard. In advance they print your card with a logo, onboard they put a sticker on your card.

NOTE - If you buy onboard while the ship is still in port, YOU MAY be charged local sales taxes as well. IF you drink onboard BEFORE you purchase... you pretty much have to purchase the package starting on DAY 2 and have the DAY 1 Beverages charged to your account ala carte (some reports of folks getting the charges reversed, and the Package starting on DAY 1... but can be a huge hassle). So if you believe you want the Package best to purchase in advance, can be done by phone or on-line with your MY CELEBRITY access to the Celebrity Website... up to 4 Days prior to Sailing.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Hi All,

The 10% OFF Discount was offered by Celebrity if pre-purchased in the month of January... it was valid for any cruise in 2012 (I know, because our cruise in January 2013 didn't qualify :( )

The offer came about while I was on my Solstice Cruise (January 15th)... actually right about the time that the Costa Concordia sank...

I remember that I couldn't help but wonder if it was a "feel good about cruising" move on Celebrity's part.

Anyone's guess... but considering it was good for ALL Cruises in 2012, they may not have to.

=== === ===

TO MEGAFLA,

Price is the same whether you buy in advance or onboard. In advance they print your card with a logo, onboard they put a sticker on your card.

NOTE - If you buy onboard while the ship is still in port, YOU MAY be charged local sales taxes as well. IF you drink onboard BEFORE you purchase... you pretty much have to purchase the package starting on DAY 2 and have the DAY 1 Beverages charged to your account ala carte (some reports of folks getting the charges reversed, and the Package starting on DAY 1... but can be a huge hassle). So if you believe you want the Package best to purchase in advance, can be done by phone or on-line with your MY CELEBRITY access to the Celebrity Website... up to 4 Days prior to Sailing.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Thanks!

Sure hope they run the 10% discount special again, we did not pull the trigger back in January but we now plan on purchasing the Premium Package...would be nice to save $75 pp on the 14 nighter!

Thanks!

Sure hope they run the 10% discount special again, we did not pull the trigger back in January but we now plan on purchasing the Premium Package...would be nice to save $75 pp on the 14 nighter!

TO MEGFLA,

It adds up to significantly more than that by my calculation ... as you'd also save on the 15% Tips (they too would be prorated into the savings) ... so in actuality, you'd SAVE $ 86.94 each ($ 5.40 Saved per Day x 14 Days = $ 75.60 + 15%) ... times two of you, that would give you an extra $ 173.88 to "play with" on your 14 Night Cruise.

Cheers!

TO MEGFLA,

It adds up to significantly more than that by my calculation ... as you'd also save on the 15% Tips (they too would be prorated into the savings) ... so in actuality, you'd SAVE $ 86.94 each ($ 5.40 Saved per Day x 14 Days = $ 75.60 + 15%) ... times two of you, that would give you an extra $ 173.88 to "play with" on your 14 Night Cruise.

Cheers!

Yup...that's why the finger crossing is commencing!

Hi All,

=== === ===

TO MEGAFLA,

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

We are cruising in Feb 2013 and intend to buy the premium package before we cruise. How soon before departure is it best to get it. Do you think its worth waiting until next Jan and see if they offer 10% discount again. Was this avaible on the Uk web site?

Thanks

Gail

I don't know about whether it will be on the UK website however my advice is not to purchase it until close to your cruise (unless they offer another sale) There is no benefit for purchasing early and you just give Celebrity use of your money for a year. I believe to get the logo on your card it has to be purchased within 4 days of your cruise but as mentioned you can purchase on board also. If you want to make sure everything is paid for prior to your vacation I would at least wait until after final payment. My opionion only of course:)

We are cruising in Feb 2013 and intend to buy the premium package before we cruise. How soon before departure is it best to get it. Do you think its worth waiting until next Jan and see if they offer 10% discount again. Was this avaible on the Uk web site?

Thanks

Greetings

Just be sure to periodically check that there isn't an upcoming price increase. I believe that the last price increase was announced well in advance so that people could book under the old prices. You don't want to wait for it to be cheaper only to have the price increased while not watching.

Good Sailing

Tom

Gail

I don't know about whether it will be on the UK website however my advice is not to purchase it until close to your cruise (unless they offer another sale) There is no benefit for purchasing early and you just give Celebrity use of your money for a year. I believe to get the logo on your card it has to be purchased within 4 days of your cruise but as mentioned you can purchase on board also. If you want to make sure everything is paid for prior to your vacation I would at least wait until after final payment. My opionion only of course:)

Thanks for the advise - will wait until nearer cruise date!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If we have a generous OBC, but see that there is an upcoming sale on the beverage pkg., can we purchase the pkg before we sail by using the credit? Or will we have to wait until we are onboard to purchase? hope I'm making sense!

Thanks

I would watch the currency costs and buy it if the Pound/Dollar ratio is in your favor (favour) because that could save you more than 10% - and keeping your money isn't likely to earn you 10% -- if it is, please let me know as I want to invest where you are. ;)

I believe you can cancel and rebook any time you wish before 4 days out (but those are US rules, I know some rules vary by country of origin).

We don't do the currency game, but buy it when we have the cash on hand so we can prepay most of our expenses. My money is earning .1% so the ease of mind is worth it.

Beth

If we have a generous OBC, but see that there is an upcoming sale on the beverage pkg., can we purchase the pkg before we sail by using the credit? Or will we have to wait until we are onboard to purchase? hope I'm making sense!

OBC can only be used for purchases you make while on board, so no, you'd not be able to buy the 10% off deal in January before your february sailing using OBC.

Is your OBC refundable? If so, then don't worry about it, spend as you wish and collect the rest at the end.

• 2 months later...

Celebrity recently had the 10% discount through Dec. 31st. I would expect that they'd have one in Jan. for your Feb cruise. At any rate, you can wait to purchase the package up to 4 days before departure and see if it's offered.

We are sailing Feb 2nd, third time on the Summit. We have purchased the pemium package the last two years and will do so again. It is worth it for us, once we add up specialty coffees, water, a couple of beers or drinks during the day, martini bar before dinner, a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, and a nightcap. And the convenience is great. No tabs to sign, just present your ID card.

How much is the package per person, does it cover tea (in the cafe),drinks in a bar, and glass of wine at dinner? Assume it would not cover drinks such as Drambuie.

I am not a great drinker and travel alone, so I wonder if it would be worthwhile buying this for my cruise in November 2013.

Thank you for any information

Lynn

How much is the package per person, does it cover tea (in the cafe),drinks in a bar, and glass of wine at dinner? Assume it would not cover drinks such as Drambuie.

I am not a great drinker and travel alone, so I wonder if it would be worthwhile buying this for my cruise in November 2013.

Lynn

Depends how long ur cruise is! For my 12 Night Med cruise on the Silhouette on May 22, the premium alcohol pkg is around $800 per person--and the step down from that was just over $600.

Lynn

Premium package covers any beer, mixed drink, cocktail, glass of wine, coffee and tea, up to $12 per glass. Also, all bottled water and specialty water is included. If you want something that is more than $12, they only charge you the difference. Doesn't matter if you want Stoli Vodka, or Belvedere, as long as it's under $12, it's covered. In my opinion, it's well worth it.

Archived