Not So "LIVE" Allure of the Seas: TAKE 2

QTMichele

Welcome home! I'm glad you had a great cruise, and didn't feel crowded. (That's one of the biggest "battles" I have when talking to people about the Allure.)

I didn't say I didn't like Ken Rush (well, maybe I did... I can't remember my exact words - there are so many! LOL) He was fine as a CD, but I didn't think he was great. He had his funny moments, but he was by far from the best CD I've had. Just my opinion. :)

Thanks again for taking the time to read my review!

Michelle,

Thanks for this review. We just got off the Allure last Sunday as well and it was great to relive this through your wonder family wedding/vacation. I'm hoping to pay it forward myself and am combing through our pictures. We not much for taking a lot of pictures but I'm hoping we captured some worth sharing.

Please do write a review, even if it's a short one without pictures. :) Thanks for taking the time to read mine.

Michele, thank you so very much for taking the time out to respond to my question about excursions. We do not really have a budget for the excursions, I think my 5 year old may be more of final decision maker as I do know that some excursions have a minimum age requirement?

I love Love beaches too! I want to do some sightseeing, shopping and sunbathing on either St Maarten or St Thomas. My mister wants to spend the day at the Atlanis resort, I will remind him on the short time frame.

Thank you once again for your thoughts!

Michele, thank you so very much for taking the time out to respond to my question about excursions. We do not really have a budget for the excursions, I think my 5 year old may be more of final decision maker as I do know that some excursions have a minimum age requirement?

I love Love beaches too! I want to do some sightseeing, shopping and sunbathing on either St Maarten or St Thomas. My mister wants to spend the day at the Atlanis resort, I will remind him on the short time frame.

Thank you once again for your thoughts!

You're very welcome. :)

I love taking our kids to the beach - it's a great way to spend a day and let the kids burn off their energy. (They sleep like babies at night!)

Don't discount Atlantis on my account... find out the price and the hours you'll be in port, then decide if spending the money is worth it to you.

Enjoyed the review. The kids are darling.

Do you know if you can open the balconies between staterooms on the Allure?

Cannot wait to sail on her..have to wait a year!:(

Laura

Thanks!

The dividers should open, but you'll have to request it and see what they say. Your year will pass quickly enough... although, it never feels that way, does it?

Love your reviews. I was reading your review of FOS since we leave in 5 short days and thought I recognized your dad. Is he a physician in Huntington at HIMG and helps organize the Marshall Marathon. I won't post his name on here but it sure looks like the person I know who does those things. Figured the chances were good since you live near Huntington. :)

Love your reviews. I was reading your review of FOS since we leave in 5 short days and thought I recognized your dad. Is he a physician in Huntington at HIMG and helps organize the Marshall Marathon. I won't post his name on here but it sure looks like the person I know who does those things. Figured the chances were good since you live near Huntington. :)

This is hilarious! YES, that's my dad!

Have a wonderful cruise. Freedom is a great ship, and I can't wait to go back on her. (We're cruising on her sister, Liberty, this Thanksgiving - can't wait to see the updates!)

Thanks for reading, and for "introducing" yourself. :D

And in the end your review gets an A+!!

Thanks! I appreciate it. :)

Got a little behind, but I'm all caught up now.

Looks like you had a nice time in Cozumel. Hopefully the underwater photos turn out nice (and you share them) :D

The shows look great!

"The Animal Crackers were flowing" :D:D:D

Great review :)

Thanks again for the awesome review! I'm sailing on Liberty next Thursday....will start my review when I get back :cool:

You're welcome! Have a great Liberty cruise! Can't wait to read your review when you get back. I'm reading Host Faith's Liberty review now... starting to look forward to our November cruise. :D

Got a little behind, but I'm all caught up now.

Looks like you had a nice time in Cozumel. Hopefully the underwater photos turn out nice (and you share them) :D

The shows look great!

"The Animal Crackers were flowing" :D:D:D

Great review

If you're in Cozumel, then you are behind! Wish I was still there...

My underwater camera is in my purse... still needs developed. Sigh. Will share if they turn out okay.

The shows ARE great! Even though Jason and I had seen them before, we really enjoyed them as much, and more, the second time around. I believe some of them have been tweaked just a bit - for the better.

Are you in the animal cracker phase yet? I'm guessing no??? Just wait.

As always, thanks for reading and for the nice comments. APPRECIATED!

You're welcome! Have a great Liberty cruise! Can't wait to read your review when you get back. I'm reading Host Faith's Liberty review now... starting to look forward to our November cruise. :D

If you're in Cozumel, then you are behind! Wish I was still there...

My underwater camera is in my purse... still needs developed. Sigh. Will share if they turn out okay.

The shows ARE great! Even though Jason and I had seen them before, we really enjoyed them as much, and more, the second time around. I believe some of them have been tweaked just a bit - for the better.

Are you in the animal cracker phase yet? I'm guessing no??? Just wait.

As always, thanks for reading and for the nice comments. APPRECIATED!

No animal crackers yet. Just this inedible mush they call "green beans" and "peas" on the package. Hardly. Looks like, ah, nevermind...

I do like some animal crackers for myself though :eek:;)

I'm reading it also. Nice to come home from work, read, and be excited :cool:

Hi Michelle. Since I have a problem with OCD planning, I'm thinking I'll try to get off the ship early to try and get my choice of cabanas. I don't like the two farthest from yours - not liking the ladder idea so much - but I'm thinking the second would be the most optimal. Stair access to the water and a decent view. Can the loungers be turned to get a better view of the ocean? What are your thoughts?

Hi Michelle. Since I have a problem with OCD planning, I'm thinking I'll try to get off the ship early to try and get my choice of cabanas. I don't like the two farthest from yours - not liking the ladder idea so much - but I'm thinking the second would be the most optimal. Stair access to the water and a decent view. Can the loungers be turned to get a better view of the ocean? What are your thoughts?

You can try getting there first thing - I would think that would be your best chance of getting the cabana you want. Also, they are building more; you may have additional options. :) You will get a phone call the day prior to Labadee - ask for a specific cabana when they call. I don't know if they will accommodate you, but it won't hurt to ask.

Yes, you may move the loungers - we did! The second cabana is a food choice - hope you get it!

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I could add this link to my Labadee section, but CC doesn't allow that functionality. However, I can add it now. :)

Check out Daghis' Freedom of the Seas review, especially his Labadee cabana pictures FROM THE WATER - GREAT perspective that should help those of you who want a cabana. The cabanas from the left to front and center (on the beach) are part of Barefoot Beach. The cabanas on top of the rocks (center) to the right of the photo are part of Nellie's Beach cabanas (these can be rented through shore excursions).

THANKS to Daghis for getting this awesome shot!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33091252&postcount=211

Could you tell me the difference in the cabana on hill and cabana over the beach/water. These are for all guest I'm assuming not just suite guests? One is $175 and the other is $200 when you go to reserve one but on RCC site they both read the same??:confused: I need to know which is the best to book for our trip and if one is worth paying more than the other. TIA:)

Could you tell me the difference in the cabana on hill and cabana over the beach/water. These are for all guest I'm assuming not just suite guests? One is $175 and the other is $200 when you go to reserve one but on RCC site they both read the same??:confused: I need to know which is the best to book for our trip and if one is worth paying more than the other. TIA:)

Hillside cabanas are on a hill and do not have direct water access. Over-the-water cabanas are either over the water or at the water's edge with direct access to the water via steps or a ladder. I wrote a lot of details with pictures early in my review - I recommend reading it, if you haven't already. :)

There are two beaches with cabanas: Barefoot Beach and Nellie's Beach. Barefoot Beach is open to suite guests and non-suite guests on a waiting list. Nellie's Beach is open to anyone. Both are on a first come, first serve basis.

Cost at both: $200/over-the-water, $175 for hillside, $150 for "beach" (can't remember if this is what they call them). The "beach" were not available at Nellie's when I booked... they may be available now/soon, if what I saw is categorized as such.

I think you'll find the above info combined with the details earlier in my review enough to make your decision. However, let me know if you need more help deciding. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Great review, Michele. Terrific pics too.

I actually "found" your review when "googling" - "Labadee Cabana's". :p

...but then couldn't stop myself from reading your whole review!!!

LOL

Anyway, after reading it I made up my mind to book a Hillside cabana at Nellie's beach for my September cruise (on Freedom)

Thanks again for your very detailed and informative review.

Archived