Can you get back off the ship on Embarkation day?

welshrich

I am sailing out of San Juan in April on Adventure, sailaway is at 2030, does anyone know if you can get off the ship after checking in to maybe go for a walk and a look around San Juan, normally its not an issue but we are not flying in until departure day this time so would like to have an explore if possible. thanks in advance.

I am sailing out of San Juan in April on Adventure, sailaway is at 2030, does anyone know if you can get off the ship after checking in to maybe go for a walk and a look around San Juan, normally its not an issue but we are not flying in until departure day this time so would like to have an explore if possible. thanks in advance.

Absolutely! Check in and get your sea pass, drop off your bags, and you can leave and come back up to 1/2 hr before sailing.

As stated, yes you can get off the ship after checking in but Adventure docks at the Pan Am Pier in San Juan and there is really nothing to see around the pier. You can catch a taxi to Old San Juan and if I remember correctly, it's about $15 each way. :)

Melbur's comment about being back 1/2 hour before sailing may not be entirely correct. It will depend on when your muster drill is held because you must be onboard for that. When I sailed on Serenade out of San Juan, muster was at 5:45 but sailaway wasn't until 8. I leave on Adventure on Sunday. We plan to get to the pier early to drop off bags and check in. We might decide to go to OSJ for a little while if the weather is nice and we have some time.

Melbur's comment about being back 1/2 hour before sailing may not be entirely correct. It will depend on when your muster drill is held because you must be onboard for that. When I sailed on Serenade out of San Juan, muster was at 5:45 but sailaway wasn't until 8. I leave on Adventure on Sunday. We plan to get to the pier early to drop off bags and check in. We might decide to go to OSJ for a little while if the weather is nice and we have some time.

We just got off Serenade and our muster drill was at 8:00, sailaway at 8:30. Maybe they changed it since people want to explore San Juan and not have to rush back for muster drill. :)

That's good to know. If Adventure muster is late, we may go to OSJ for a while. For our Serenade sailing, it poured during the morning and early afternoon so we skipped OSJ. The weather didn't start to clear until almost 3, but by then it was so close to muster time that we would only have an hour or two to explore before we had to be back onboard.

This is a great post. We are sailing out in April on the TA and would like to see OSJ. This is a great option.

Thankyou

Absolutely! Check in and get your sea pass, drop off your bags, and you can leave and come back up to 1/2 hr before sailing.

Wuld recheck the time once on board ship, as generally the "All Aboard" on the day of embarkation iss 90 minutes before the sail away time. You have to be on board for the Mandatory Muster Drill.

Archived