Reliable Athens Taxi Service

BPCruiser

Hi, I am looking for good recommendations from past cruisers visiting Athens for a reliable, safe Taxi Service to use to get from airport to Athens Gate hotel for our pre-cruise days and then to Port to board the Marina in May?

I have read about some very unscrupulous Taxi cab experiences in Athens on this board as well as Trip Advisor and would love a recent, good recommendation from a Oceania traveler.

Thanks!

I was recommended www.stargroup.gr over on the Silversea board a while back & I've used them twice from Piraeus to Athens Airport.

Both times I've had prompt courteous, service in a large, clean Mercedes saloon & was charged €55 for the journey.

The payment system online is a little fiddly - you send your booking request, they confirm it, you then pay by PayPal & they then reconfirm your booking....long winded, but it works.

We used Paul at Athens by Taxi, and were very pleased. We had some major changes in our schedule after we missed one of our flights, but we emailed Paul from various airports with the new flight schedules, and he was right there waiting for us at Athens airport.

Hi, I am looking for good recommendations from past cruisers visiting Athens for a reliable, safe Taxi Service to use to get from airport to Athens Gate hotel for our pre-cruise days and then to Port to board the Marina in May?

I have read about some very unscrupulous Taxi cab experiences in Athens on this board as well as Trip Advisor and would love a recent, good recommendation from a Oceania traveler.

Thanks!

Considering the mess in Athens, and what might happen there, I would suggest that you handle the transfer through the Concierge at your hotel.

That is what we are doing, even though our hotel, the Grand Bretagne, charges a supplement for arranging transfers.

Our feeling is that having somebody IN ATHENS going to bat for us, if the " you know what hits the fan" might be invaluable.

Considering the mess in Athens, and what might happen there, I would suggest that you handle the transfer through the Concierge at your hotel.

That is what we are doing, even though our hotel, the Grand Bretagne, charges a supplement for arranging transfers.

Our feeling is that having somebody IN ATHENS going to bat for us, if the " you know what hits the fan" might be invaluable.

We did this in the same hotel 3 years ago and they not only obtained a wonderful driver for us but actually saved us money. The direct quotes we had gotten from several of the taxi companies was $300 more for 3 days.:)

We used Spiros from athens taxi dot net to pick us up at disembarkation, take us on a tour of Athens, and drop us at our hotel--a wonderful day. We asked about him taking us to the airport the next morning, but he suggested that having the hotel call a taxi would be cheaper. I thought that was very ethical.

Archived