Kenai Fjords with Holland

wailea4me

Holland offers 2 Kenai Fjords cruises with their shore excursions from Seward - the 6hour tour and then a cruise (don't know how long) plus Fox Island Dinner. Any insights into either of these? Does the 6 hour get you up close viewing of a glacier? Would we be better off with an independent vendor?

HAL contracts with one of the main vendors in Seward so you can book your own trip. Look at the vendors maps to ensure the specific trip you choose includes a visit to a glacier. I think the shortest glacier trip is 5-6 hrs.

http://www.kenaifjords.com/kenai-daycruises.html

http://www.majormarine.com/alaska-day-cruises/kenai-fjords-fullday-national-park-cruise/

We are doing the longer one with the stop on Fox Island. The actual time on the water is the intermediate time. I tried to book it with Kenai Fjord Tours but they were only offering it through HAL for the early May date when we will be there. If you book independently, there is a longer trip which may see more glaciers, but I didn't want to stay on the water that long.

Having done all these tours, I don't waste my time, adding Fox Island, unless it's with a coupon. Big problem is the time, the boats have to be there for the meal, and it short changes the possibility of route changes that the other boat tours can do. Fox Island is nothing special, and within sight of Seward. If there is an added cost of more than a meal's worth, I would just skip it, and go with the excellent meal of Major Marine. :)

Archived