Magic back in port, interesting cruise!

doneinne

At first I thought the crew member might have been repairing or painting something - I have seen them wear life jackets when working around the railings, or hanging from lines/scaffolds painting. But then I read it happened 10:30 at night. There went that idea!

Why? Working on a ship is a 24 hour job. Maybe he was tasked to secure something that had come loose in the rough seas and high winds.

The seas were so bad they had to cancel the Legends show for fear of passenger safety on stage.

No matter how distraught, I doubt anyone would jump ship in those conditions expecting to get rescued.

and I expect...that everyone will now disagree with me...but who cares...I still like the fact that the OP is being lighthearted...as I am...but everyone will of course make a point to disagree with me......just for fun..

I agree with you about OP's posts! Don't worry about the ones who disagree with you LOL .. some people just seem to have a "ship on a stick" up their rear-end. ;)

On our first cruise, a man suffered a heart attack and died, before the cruise was over the ship changed course and met the Coast Guard for another medical emergency.

On our second cruise a woman died in her room and the FBI came on board and investigated.

3,000 people together, something is going to go bad sooner or later.

The captain of the Concordia slipped and few into a lifeboat, why could not a lowly crew member not slip, fall into a lifevest and then fall overboard???????

I was gonna say something like that. Why didn't he fall into a lifeboat? But yours is better, falling into a lifevest.

Why? Working on a ship is a 24 hour job. Maybe he was tasked to secure something that had come loose in the rough seas and high winds.

The seas were so bad they had to cancel the Legends show for fear of passenger safety on stage.

No matter how distraught, I doubt anyone would jump ship in those conditions expecting to get rescued.

I agree totally - I did not think of something coming loose in the weather conditions that were going on at the time. However, I have always seen the crew members hooked into safety harnesses with secondary safety lines whenever working anywhere near the edge of the ship, or at any height - even if only a few feet off the ground. And maybe he didn't want to get rescued....

We were on the RCCL Mariner your Port Side last nite! Wow I was on our deck stern and saw all the lights on and thought they were just showing off lighting her up!! wow we would of helped cause I noticed we slowed down next to you all. It was crazy waves and we were rockin and rolling. Amazing how they got em out of that chop some waves looked 20 ft to me..

Thanks for the update John. If we had known you were on the Magic we would have taken that instead of the Mariner since you are our favorite Cruise Director we have ever had! I'm glad this person is OK.

We were on the Mariner and had returned to our cabin around 10:30PM to pack and saw the Magic in the distance. A "few" minutes later it seemed really close and then we seemed to be tagging. My wife thought it looked like the Magic had turned around, which now makes sense. We also thought there were an usual amount of lights. We finished packing around 10:45PM and sat on our Starbird side balcony for the next 20-30 minutes trying to cool down from the packing frenzy and wondering why the Magic was lit up so much. Now we know.

At first I thought the crew member might have been repairing or painting something - I have seen them wear life jackets when working around the railings, or hanging from lines/scaffolds painting. But then I read it happened 10:30 at night. There went that idea!

It has been verified that the crewmember was not working at the time that he went overboard...

[quote name='TEXASMUNK']The captain of the Concordia slipped and few into a lifeboat, why could not a lowly crew member not slip, fall into a lifevest and then fall overboard???????[/quote]

THIS (among other things) is what I love about CC. Thanks for my first giggle of the day :p

we were on the magic feb 19 - 26. we saw lots of crew working on deck. Even in the rough seas.Good people who work hard. But we never saw them wearing a lifevest , and we never saw them at midnight working on deck. We walked around alot , late , and the workers were all inside. I was there and I saw . I don't know why, and I don't care what carnivals statement is , But I feel like he thought he was close to galveston and he jumped.

I wanted to have John as a our Cd. He came on just before we left. Very disappointed not to have him. He is our favorite one out of all the ones we had. I loved the Magic. We were on Feb 12-19. Great new ship. We have never had any problems with sickness in all our cruises.

[quote name='TEXASMUNK']The captain of the Concordia slipped and few into a lifeboat, why could not a lowly crew member not slip, fall into a lifevest and then fall overboard???????[/quote]

Why can't there be a like button on CC just like Facebook? LOL!! This was funny and made me smile.... so Thanks!

I know it's wrong but that was REALLY funny :D

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]We had an assault by a waiter on a maitre d [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]on our Magic cruise, clubbed him with a big stirring stick. I believe there was a death on board also. Rough water is fun. Sorry, can't spell maitri or however.

[quote name='TXSAIL'][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]We had an assault by a waiter on a maitre d [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]on our Magic cruise, clubbed him with a big stirring stick. I believe there was a death on board also. Rough water is fun. Sorry, can't spell maitri or however.[/quote]
:eek: Oh yeah..I remember that.

Archived