Prebook Capri Ferry?

TMLAalum

I like the idea of having hydrofoil tix ahead of time and found a website that allows prebooking. Our ship is scheduled for Naples at 7am-7pm so, to maximize our time on Capri, I'd like to reserve the 8:05am hydrofoil and the return for @4:30 pm. Is this too risky? Should we go for the 8:35 departure instead? I could purchase "insurance" from the booking company for a nominal additional charge in case the Silhouette is late or ends up at the port of Salerno. I recall from our Eclipse cruise that we were cleared to leave the ship at the time stated on the itinerary at all ports of call.

What do our experienced members suggest? Thanks!

We have never heard of folks "reserving" Capri hydrofoils/jetboats. You simply walk over to the ferry terminal and buy a ticket on the next boat. Since there are several competing ferry companies (who do not accept each others tickets) it simply makes sense to get a ticket on the next boat regardless of the company. We do recommend that your purchase a return ticket as soon as you arrive on Capri (there is a ticket booth at the end of the pier) so you can choose a specific time. If you later decide to return earlier you can still use that ticket (even though it would have the time you requested) with the same company. Unless prices have changed you can expect to pay about 17 Euros per ticket (one way).

Hank

Archived