So Chair Hogs dont have rights?

JPTexan82

I have friends who take "post it" notes to the pool. If there are no chairs available, they watch for someone to leave, write the time on a note and post it to the chair. After 30 minutes, they remove the person's personal items, put the note with them and give them to a crew member.

Wow do they also have a Notary to verify the time it when its written. j/k

LMAO, kay, I feel like I've been Rick Roll'd into this thread for 2 days now. Every time I look, JP's been online since I came into work this morning (more than 6 hours ago). I think he/she is trying to set a record number of posts, and it's great because all he/she has to say are a few lines and that's good to stoke more heated conversation for at least another 3 pages.

What's really hilarious, is I have yet to cruise. I come on here to learn about the experience to prepare for those glorious 8 days. When I first came to Cruise Critic, I expected people to just talk about how wonderful going on vacation was... I had no idea there was a dark underbelly to the cruising industry! The darkest of dirty cruise politics seems to be over chairs... it's too funny! And what's really pathetic is I find myself getting mad about something that I've never even experienced.

But, JP, I think you've got our attention. I second what a previous poster said. I can't wait to see what you come up with next to p!ss everyone off. :D

LMAO, kay, I feel like I've been Rick Roll'd into this thread for 2 days now. Every time I look, JP's been online since I came into work this morning (more than 6 hours ago). I think he/she is trying to set a record number of posts, and it's great because all he/she has to say are a few lines and that's good to stoke more heated conversation for at least another 3 pages.

What's really hilarious, is I have yet to cruise. I come on here to learn about the experience to prepare for those glorious 8 days. When I first came to Cruise Critic, I expected people to just talk about how wonderful going on vacation was... I had no idea there was a dark underbelly to the cruising industry! The darkest of dirty cruise politics seems to be over chairs... it's too funny! And what's really pathetic is I find myself getting mad about something that I've never even experienced.

But, JP, I think you've got our attention. I second what a previous poster said. I can't wait to see what you come up with next to p!ss everyone off. :D

You will have a fantastic cruise. Ignore the comments you don't care for, everyone has an opinion. It took 30 years for my husband to get me on a boat and the first time after the Conquest in New Orleans I had booked another cruise on the Glory the week we got back home. We've been married 38 years now and we made Platinum last year on the Magic in the Med. That's what you strive for, less clothes to pack because you can get them washed free for you.

Thankyou for this, but its not what Im trying to do. But I hope you have fun on your cruise. These are just everyday normal issues that people have, kinda like Senfield but at sea.:cool:

Thankyou for this, but its not what Im trying to do. But I hope you have fun on your cruise. These are just everyday normal issues that people have, kinda like Senfield but at sea.:cool:

Oh, wow, that is kind of true!! This totally reminds me of the episode where George and Kramer's friend are fighting over the parking spot outside Jerry's building... :p

in regards to throwing things overboard. I guess i would expect this is how people act on carnival cruise lines, because the class of people that seem to sail on their ships. No regards on other people's possesions and personal area, how can someone just throw someone elses things overboard?

i beg your pardon!

Not even close to any form of assault. Nothing wrong with finding stuff unattended for a length of time and placing it somewhere else. Now taking any of that stuff back to your cabin so that the owner cannot get it, is another story. As long as the owner of the items can retrieve their belongings and items are not damaged, I see nothing wrong with it.

That's how fight start people touching others things, what if they had money or a valuable in it b4 you touched it, than it came up missing, you was the last seen with their belongings, so how will you prove u didn't steal it when you was caught red handed with there things that had whatever inside?

Assault? Are you kidding me? :rolleyes:

There is no excuse for waking up at 6 am to run and place one shoe on each chair and then leave to eat breakfast, shower, take a nap etc. If you're really that concerned about getting a chair then arrive ready to place your behind in it. It's not fair to the other 2,000 people on board that would like to sit outside as well. There are a limited number or chairs (and everyone knows this). I'm sure it's an everyday occurrence that people place items on chairs before the sun comes up and arrive several hours later to "claim" their chair. Another person could have enjoyed that chair for a few hours.

It all comes down to be a responsible and reasonable adult. :eek:

I'm pretty certain they taught all of us to share in kindergarten.

If you arrive and promptly sit in the chair (instead of "claiming" it with items), sit there as long as you want. If you decide to "claim" it by placing some random item and disappear for over 30 minutes expect someone to place your belongings on the ground on the 31st minute. :D

agree

What does "pop" mean? I've seen it a couple of times and I feel like I'm missing something?

It goes back to watching threads like this one for some of us that have been around awhile... you know let's go pop some popcorn and watch the fight! Trolls abound on this board and love to "stir the pot".

So when someone say's "pop pop pop" it means time to sit back and watch the show... :D

It is not complicated. Whenever my wife and I get up to leave a chair except for the pool or hot tub we take our things. What is so hard about that? We will find another chair! The chairs are for all the guests, not just for you. I find it sad that someone would actually worry about their a chair while on vacation. Not supprised mind you just sad.

Pretty sure "worrying" about finding a chair or losing your stuff is what this thread is all about. If you dont "worry" about it then why comment?

Maybe it's not complicated for you and your wife, but when you are traveling with your children and you cannot find a chair near the pool and your kids want to swim and you have to leave your stuff (key card, book, reading glasses, sunscreen, flip flops etc.) at a chair that is totally out of your sight so that you can supervise your kids at the pool (because that is the right thing to do) for 29 minutes, you might "worry" that your stuff will not be there when you get back. I dont spend my whole vacation "worrying" about it, but when you have had it happen to you, you think about it. I dont consider myself a chair hog because I want somewhere to put down my stuff while my kids swim and I watch them. Dont be sad for for me, I am having a great time on my vacation, and I do it without taking peoples stuff off their chairs and watching chair hogs!

Yes how can I help. If you throw peoples stuff overboard thats an anger issue you need to control.

If you dislike "the class of people" on Carnival cruise lines so much, why do you cruise with them? Your comment appears to show what part of a Texas horse you are most related to.

Not saying that im For or Against Chair Hogs. I have to be real careful what I say or the Admins will be upset.

But how is it right for someone to touch someone elses stuff and move it, because in the real world that is a form of assult. But in good faith is it right to move their stuff?

Moving someone's stuff is in no way any form of assault! Absolutely it is right to move someone's stuff if they have left a chair vacant for an hour or more. It is rude for a person to hold a chair for a long period of time without using it. That's horrible!

That's how fight start people touching others things, what if they had money or a valuable in it b4 you touched it, than it came up missing, you was the last seen with their belongings, so how will you prove u didn't steal it when you was caught red handed with there things that had whatever inside?

If you are stupid enough to leave valuable items unattended in a public place, you deserve what you get.

Archived