Equinox cabin 1546 +window washing equip.

sazzinfredericton

I did the search on this cabin, however, I am hoping that someone who has been in this cabin recently would please respond.

In some of the posts window washing equipment is either at or near 1546 - 1550.

Would you please let me know whether it is a real hindrance and obstructs our view? If so, I will see if I can change cabins. I would rather have a little noise then be irritated by the constant view of the WWE.

Thank you.

Nancy

We were on Sihouette's Jan.17 cruise and the larger window washer platform was in front of the balconies for cabin 1552 and 1554 as shown in this shot. As you can see there is a narrow ladder type unit above the balconies for 1544 and 1546 to allow access for cleaning the windows for the spa and Sky Lounge on the Resort and Lido decks but this unit doesn't really obstruct the view from those balconies.

attachment.php?attachmentid=223711&d=1330439172

DSC09443a.jpg.ae92723a4186be7e5ce2fbb91902c0a3.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Hang on there. The WWE is parked outside of 1554, which has the bed by the bath. 1552 has the largest balcony and has bed by balcony. 1546 won't even notice it!!

When we were in 1552, we walked onto our balcony, saw it there (a big OPEN box that you can see right through) and never noticed it again.

I think 1546 has bed by bath, which we prefer. We glanced into the cabins near us and really liked them--so much brighter and sunnier than ours, one of the downsides of the large balconies. And a GREAT location right by the forward elevators, one flight up to the Solarium/Aqua Spa/pool. Also very quiet. An excellent choice.

• 2 years later...

We have been in both 1546 and 1544. Neither is a problem, although I wouldn't venture any farther toward midship than 46 IMHO. We very much like the forward AQ cabins because there is no overhang and the spa spiral stairs are nice and close. Also those room are below the salon so they're super quiet.

Proximity to elevators was never an issue, and in fact a plus with us.

Yea you'd be hard pressed to even see the equipment unless you are out at the railing. We have sailed in 1552 many times and have our next cruise booked in that cabin too.

No issues with the equipment but some people don't like the overhang. We love it as we like the shade over the sun, makes it more comfortable on the large balcony. And that is why we really book it, the balcony.

enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

We have a special affection for 1552. Although usually walking is fine for us, we like being close to the elevators and the relaxation room.

We booked a cruise with practically every AQ available and decided on that one, although you can see the WW equipment.

It is usually easier to get, as so many are focused in the hump cabins. The smaller balcony, but larger than standard next door has a better view of the equipment.