Talking During Shows

Vol fan

Does anyone else ever sit by others that can't keep quiet during the shows in the theater? Somehow, we frequently seem to select seats close to people that just have to talk to each other all during the show - commenting about the costumes, the singers, the songs, the stage, just a running conversation. Drives me crazy:(:(:(

Does anyone else ever sit by others that can't keep quiet during the shows in the theater? Somehow, we frequently seem to select seats close to people that just have to talk to each other all during the show - commenting about the costumes, the singers, the songs, the stage, just a running conversation. Drives me crazy:(:(:(

Yes - I also get in the row behind the person who orders drink then has to have a debate with the waiter as to what they want, (blocks view for a while) then a further debate when the drink arrives (blocks view again)

I also get in front of the woman who likes to sing along off key and one beat behind the song

But then (those from the UK who remember Jasper Carrot will appreciate this) I also get the nutter on the bus

Yes, unfortunately. It's such a shame that common courtesy and proper behavior can be such a challenge for some people!

I have a hard time "tuning out" other people. My DH can do it much better than I can. We try to sit on the aisle and are able to move or even stand if need be. Obviously, we don't sit down front where moving would be a distraction. I can't believe how many people are so oblivious to others.

There are a slew of annoying things that folks do on cruises:

1) talking during shows

2) playing their TV's at the top volume and sitting outside on their verandahs listening to the music

3) Playing their TV at top volume at 6AM

4) many choices in the buffet....cough into hand, pick up tongs; try something with their fingers

5) talk on their walkie talkies all day at the pool or on elevators

I'm not sure that talking during shows is any worse than the others.....

We had this happen on a recent cruise on Holland. There was a woman sitting six seats down from me and wouldn't quit talking. She kept talking about what she bought at the Wal-Mart in Puerto Vallarta.

A couple people asked her to be quiet, but she kept talking anyway. She was talking so loudly you could hear her several rows away. After about 5 minutes I got up and asked her "Do you mind?" She got up and left. I had two people thank me on the way back to my seat. I am a pretty easy going person, but this was ridiculous. It was disrespectful to the audience as well as the entertainers.

Good news is this was a one time event.

David

Yes - I also get in the row behind the person who orders drink then has to have a debate with the waiter as to what they want, (blocks view for a while) then a further debate when the drink arrives (blocks view again)

I also get in front of the woman who likes to sing along off key and one beat behind the song

But then (those from the UK who remember Jasper Carrot will appreciate this) I also get the nutter on the bus

Do you do this on purpose to annoy them? :confused: :eek: :D

I know what you mean. Too bad there are some that believe they are just having a good time and everyone else is a party pooper.

Archived