No Customer Service after booking wedding with Carnival

Soccerfan

I got married onboard a Carnival ship, we got on at 11:30 and my wedding was at 1:00. Everyone got to the wedding fine. Carnival does this ALL the time, they really do know what they're doing. You will have plenty of time. So try to relax, don't stress, and enjoy your big day! As long as you end up married at the end of the day, it was a success! :)

Thank you guys for the words of support, Thanks Patti

Sometimes things do get stressful and other things interfere with thinking, we just found out last week that my fiance's mother has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer, so our timing is not good, however she wants us to continue on with our plans and keep everything on track as is....

So, yes I will take your advice, Breath and try not to sweat the small stuff !:)

I think carnival should allow the 10 of them to board together. It is a very special event...a wedding. I must say that I don't think Carnival does a great job with weddings on board the ships. My son was married on a carnival ship with 50 people attending and we felt the service they received was poor. They cut 15 minutes off the hour recepition and then lost the wedding cake.

Sometimes things do get stressful and other things interfere with thinking, we just found out last week that my fiance's mother has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer, so our timing is not good, however she wants us to continue on with our plans and keep everything on track as is....

So, yes I will take your advice, Breath and try not to sweat the small stuff !:)

I'm so very sorry to hear that. May it show you what's important in all of this...

Oh my :(!! Hang in there....breathing is good ;) :D

I think carnival should allow the 10 of them to board together. It is a very special event...a wedding. I must say that I don't think Carnival does a great job with weddings on board the ships. My son was married on a carnival ship with 50 people attending and we felt the service they received was poor. They cut 15 minutes off the hour recepition and then lost the wedding cake.

If they were getting married the day they boarded, then they would get on BEFORE VIP.

On little Elation we had three weddings the day we boarded, all large weddings, about 200 people total seemed like and all were boarded before VIP.

Our son got married on a Carnival cruise and they did a great job. A hurricane came thru so we were notified the night before on our cell that we would have have the wedding at 10 am rather than 1:00 and that the ship would be leaving early. Plans for hair had to be changed and she had to do her own hair as we were told we had to be on board no later than 7 a.m but one of the guests just helped wiht her hair. The wedding planner helped so much. So they really know what they are doing. You are paying them to help so let them help. I am an over planner so I feel your stress, but honestly there is no need. Print up itineraries for each person so they know when and where to be and you will be great. Have a beautiful day.

Hi,

I am a platinum guest with Carnival, I have travelled with them more than 20 times in the past 6 years and I have introduced many 1st time cruisers to Carnival who have become repeat guests.

I planned for my wedding to take place on the Carnival Freedom when it is docked in Key West on April 2nd, 2012. I have 10 guests coming with us from the UK.

I have the luxury package wedding scheduled to take place at 10.30am. This will be the 2nd day of the cruise.

I didn't realize that this date is Spring Break in the USA and subsequently the ship is almost sold out. (Had I known I would have booked another date, but it was too late to cancel)

I have made the request to Carnival that my guests be allowed to board with us in priority boarding, as we will be getting married less than 24 hrs after getting on the ship. We have that one afternoon only to prepare for our special day.

I dread the thought of trying to get everyone on deck together after seperately boarding. We need to review the location where we are to be married, where everyone needs to be at what time, check the tables layout at the Sun King restaurant for our wedding dinner, check flowers, music etc etc. It will definately be less stressful if I can keep our group together on this day.

I really didn't think that this was a big request and didn't anticipate there being a problem as the staff will be in place anyway to process the Priority boarding, it won't cost Carnival anything extra, really what is the big deal ??? There are no weddings taking place that day or on our day other than ours and we are a small group.

Well, apparently it is a big deal and I have spoken to 4 different people requesting this. No one can give me a valid reason for it not being allowed other than to say "If we let you do it everyone will want to do it" ??? What a Cop Out.

HOWEVER

I have been told that If I am willing to put all my guests on my Sail and Sign card they will allow us to board together in priority boarding :cool:- Can someone please explain why this would make a difference, all this would do would be to leave me with the headache of trying to sort out 12 accounts, no thank you.

I am at the point of cancelling the wedding, incurring $1,000 cancellation fee and scheduling a wedding on land instead. If I do this I will make sure that we never sail with Carnival again.

I am so annoyed at Carnivals lack of assistance to us to help us out on our special day, being a long term customer means nothing.

Is it unreasonable of me to request this ? I'm paying for the wedding, photographs etc etc. so giving more revenue to Carnival than if we had just cruised. I have a matter of hours to prepare for the wedding and I don't think I am being unreasonable. AM I ?

There is a big difference in customer service and getting your way. My thoughts are that you are going to be sorely disappointed because Carnival is not going to be in a position to allow you to change table layouts, check flowers or any of the other things that you think you are going to get to do. You have purchased a turn key wedding and Carnival is in charge of the details. To think that the room you are going to use is going to be set up more than an hour before you need it, is unrealistic.

You either need to go with the flow or cancel and get married somewhere else.

If your wedding isn't until the next morning, I'm not sure that there will be much to see, do or organize. They won't have the venue for your wedding or reception set up on embarkation day. They might not have your flowers done and I would be surprised if they had your cake done. And in the end the details of your flowers, cake and reception are in the hands of Carnival and are going to be what they will be. I've been to a reception on a Carnival ship once and it was really lovely...

I wish you both all the best.

Make sure that all of your guests have a deckplan and schedule of when to be where. Make plans to meet with all of the people actually taking part in the ceremony sometime after the muster drill for a quick rehearsal

Carnival is not preventing them from boarding together. The OP can simply forgo boarding as a VIP and board with the rest of her party. Problem solved. As many others have said there is not any reason to be there early, for all OP knows there are going to be four or five other weddings using all the spaces on embarkation day and she is not going to see anything until the next day anyway.

Just get everyone to the Port early. I usually get there early enough that I'm right behind VIP getting onto the ship. Yes, you're sitting there for a while, waiting, but then on the ship nice and early, and you can get everyone together.

It will all work.

And I too am sorry about your future MIL. Deep breaths!!!! and big hugs.

When we traveled on Carnival with non-VIP family members we went through VIP check in and they went through regular check in. We agreed to meet in the terminal on the other side of check in. DH and I finished check in and sat down in the agreed meeting place. They were about 3 minutes behind us and we all boarded together. It was no big deal for us to wait a few minutes for them.

Archived