What to expect on Constellation inside cabin?

adchesney

My wife and I were on the Silhouette inaugural Caribbean cruise in November last year, we were in AquaClass with a lovely balcony (on the hump).

We were truly spoilt and love almost every moment. The biggest pain was the flights from Heathrow – Newark and the return flight – I don’t enjoy the hassle of flying!

So last week I did something uncharacteristic for me and spontaneously booked another cruse as it worked out about £40pppn – a real steal. It is in November and is 12 night Immersive Wine Cruise from Southampton (which is about 40 minutes away) on Celebrity Constellation.

My question is I have booked an inside cabin on the 2nd level – what differences can I expect compared to my last cruise?

We are doing this on a budget – so my rationale was the cabin will be used for sleeping…

Any tips and advice?

Regards

ANDREW

My wife and I were on the Silhouette inaugural Caribbean cruise in November last year, we were in AquaClass with a lovely balcony (on the hump).

We were truly spoilt and love almost every moment. The biggest pain was the flights from Heathrow – Newark and the return flight – I don’t enjoy the hassle of flying!

So last week I did something uncharacteristic for me and spontaneously booked another cruse as it worked out about £40pppn – a real steal. It is in November and is 12 night Immersive Wine Cruise from Southampton (which is about 40 minutes away) on Celebrity Constellation.

My question is I have booked an inside cabin on the 2nd level – what

differences can I expect compared to my last cruise?

Hi Andrew

Having always had balcony cabins we booked a cheap cruise aboard Constellation with an inside cabin and were pleasantly surprised. Plenty of room and a small sofa. The only let down was a fridge that barely got cold. As it was an end of October cruise out of Barcelona we didn't miss the balcony and not having a window didn't bother me either. As you rightly said for sleeping purposes it was ideal.

Constellation is a nice ship inside. Just looks a bit like its built with Lego on the outsideicon7.gif

You'll enjoy it

Peter

Hi Andrew,

We recently returned from 14 days around the Caribbean on Constellation, we had a deck nine outside cabin.

Whilst on the ship we spoke to a couple that always book inside cabins and had one on the Constellation. They take the view that the savings over a concierge balcony cabin allow's them to take three rather than just one cruise per year. They said they preferred an inside because it was a lot darker, quieter, just as large as a outside and only used it for sleeping.

If you miss the outside view during the day you could always put the tv on in the cabin, select the channel that shows a live forward camera view over the bows.

By the way The Constellation is an excellent ship, we throughly enjoyed our time on board, MDR food, customer focused staff & HQ entertainment; see my recent Constellation review on Cruise Critic site.

Have a great trip.

Regards

Geoff C

Cambridge

Thanks for the encouragement! Apart from the room size and location is there any change to room service, afternoon canapés, etc?

As the cost was so reasonable - we paid for our friends to come with us...as they are having a hard time at the moment.

Regards

ANDREW

Hi Andrew,

Unless you are in concierge class you don't get the extra tit bits / canapes in your cabin before dinner. You will not be missing much, they weren't that good to be honest.

We tried the Tuscan Grill one night and found whilst the food was excellent, it wasn't in our opinion worth the extra fee. Stick to the MDR food it was just as good; some of the Tuscan Grill dishes were on the menu some nights.

The english breakfast was good in the Seaside cafe and so were the burgers and hot dogs from the pool grill at lunch-time, in fact all the food was excellent. Cruise Director Sue Denning and her team do an excellent job.

Have a great trip

Regards

Geoff C

We always book inside cabins. We love the inside on the M Class Ships. We've sailed Constellation 5 times. They have plenty of storage and are laid out well.

I will be on Silhouette in 17 days and I am a bit worried about the storage space on a 12 night cruise on the S Class Ships. Hope it's okay.

Whilst on the ship we spoke to a couple that always book inside cabins and had one on the Constellation. They take the view that the savings over a concierge balcony cabin allow's them to take three rather than just one cruise per year.

I'm having a difficult time working this math. Typically, the cheapest inside will be about 1/2 to 2/3 the price of the cheapest concierge balcony, and even less of a difference for the cheapest standard balcony.

Examples for the Constellation:

4 night W. Caribbean - Jan 03

inside = $349; standard balcony = $549; CC balcony = $578

12 night Immersive Wine - Sep 07

inside = $1099; CC balcony = $1599; standard balcony = $1749

12 night Scandanavia - Aug 24

inside = $1999; standard balcony = $2999; CC balcony = $3099

15 night Western Transatlantic - Nov 30

inside = $899; standard balcony = $1599; CC balcony = $1849

How they can save enough to take three times the cruises is way beyond my math skills. Perhaps they have padded the numbers to convince themselves they are making the right decision?

I'm having a difficult time working this math. Typically, the cheapest inside will be about 1/2 to 2/3 the price of the cheapest concierge balcony, and even less of a difference for the cheapest standard balcony.

Examples for the Constellation:

4 night W. Caribbean - Jan 03

inside = $349; standard balcony = $549; CC balcony = $578

12 night Immersive Wine - Sep 07

inside = $1099; CC balcony = $1599; standard balcony = $1749

12 night Scandanavia - Aug 24

inside = $1999; standard balcony = $2999; CC balcony = $3099

15 night Western Transatlantic - Nov 30

inside = $899; standard balcony = $1599; CC balcony = $1849

How they can save enough to take three times the cruises is way beyond my math skills. Perhaps they have padded the numbers to convince themselves they are making the right decision?

The secret is that you don't book way ahead...you live close to the port and can drive, book a couple weeks to a month out...use Future Cruise certificates, etc. EM

Archived