Is it really that "bad" or noisy to be located right by elevators?

momof4girls

Trying to look at an April cruise on Magic. We would like connecting OV rooms, and it seems (at least online) that the only available is 1246 & 1248, which puts us right by the elevators/hallway to the other side. We'll have four kids, so is it a bad location for us? I had to wonder since they are the only two available...

Trying to look at an April cruise on Magic. We would like connecting OV rooms, and it seems (at least online) that the only available is 1246 & 1248, which puts us right by the elevators/hallway to the other side. We'll have four kids, so is it a bad location for us? I had to wonder since they are the only two available...

The elevators are virtually silent with the exception of the 'bing' or 'bing bing' announcing their arrival. Occasionally, the occupant will be a tad loud but they're likely to be loud going down the hallway, as well.

I think you'll be fine and you'll probably enjoy the convenience of having the elevator nearby!

:)

we booked in a cabin right near the main bank of elevators.

we loved the location so much, we book the same room on a sister ship the following year.

We do the same every year, actually book 2 cabins (2 couples) just off the main Atrium elevators. Never had noise issues.

We always book by the elevators- we like not having to walk those looooong hallways late at night, or when we have forgotten something in the cabin and want to just run back. And the a halls stretch as the week goes by. Never hear them and rarely hear people.

We always book by the elevators- we like not having to walk those looooong hallways late at night, or when we have forgotten something in the cabin and want to just run back. And the a halls stretch as the week goes by. Never hear them and rarely hear people.

Agreed! I also liked being close to the elevators when you are carrying a tray of snacks from the buffet back to your cabin...;)

I actually prefer having rooms by the elevators/stairwell. First, there really isn't a noise factor. The most noise I have heard is from the people across the hall slamming their door. Second, I feel more secure knowing the kids can head to that stairwell (they never take the elevator) from whatever public floor they are on and get to our room without going past a bunch of staterooms. It just seems like an easy precaution to me.

I've been right next to the elevators on Liberty and Pride. Never heard anything... and like some other posters mentioned... It's EXTREMELY convenient. Personally, I think there may be people complaining about elevator noise so that other people will avoid booking them! lol! :rolleyes:

I changed my room which was further down the hall to a room 3 doors from the elevator when my daughter decided to join hubby and me. We had a cabin for 2 and needed a cabin for 3. Now I am more excited about my location :) since I am closer to the elevator. I never did like walking the long halls either.

Archived