Air Fresheners for Room/Bathroom ???

CruzieSue

I'm the OP. Took cruise this past March. I took a regular can of aerosol spray - no problem at all - baggage not checked. There is an exhaust fan that runs continously in the bathroom - not loud enough to be a disturbance at all. Used the spray just a few times (hubby's doings :rolleyes:) and later in the week began to notice a very faint sewage smell from time to time but not bad at all. I consider myself to be very sensitive to smells, and honestly had no problem on the ship.

I bring the Bath and Body Works Scentportables. They're small, travel well, and I can bring just about any scent I want. I normally try for a tropical scent. I only bring the refill itself, not the holder, like this.

I bring the Bath and Body Works Scentportables. They're small, travel well, and I can bring just about any scent I want. I normally try for a tropical scent. I only bring the refill itself, not the holder, like this.

I love the Bath & Body Stuff - the last cruise we took I brought along the Bath & Body ScentBug - ran on batteries and you used the fragrance oil. They don't sell them anymore in the stores but checked Ebay and they are shown there for about $26:eek: - I know I didn't pay that much

Pat

Some have said the bathrooms, and sometimes hallways, have the sewage smell. Others say the rooms have a smell. Guess it's like some hotels that have a musty smell.

Just for all those out there,if anyone believes that they are smelling sewage aboard their ship ,you should notify the proper personal on board,for it could be a health hazard,it is not the norm to have a sewage odor in the air.We have been on many cruises and never had that experience.

-JH:eek:

This is exactly why I was wondering why people would bring an air freshener. I guess I'm in the minority because I don't use air fresheners at home and wouldn't think of bringing something like that with me on vacation. Kudos to those who think of everything! :)
Thats because you have never been in my bathroom.:eek:

I love the Bath & Body Stuff - the last cruise we took I brought along the Bath & Body ScentBug - ran on batteries and you used the fragrance oil. They don't sell them anymore in the stores but checked Ebay and they are shown there for about $26:eek: - I know I didn't pay that much

Pat

I use the scentbug also. I just bought a few extra bottles of the oil just for good measure. Sometimes I put the bug in the bathroom and other times I placed it in the cabin. I try to use a neutral scent. It just makes things smell very pleasant.

Carol

In the automotive aisles you can find tiny spray cans of "Ozium". One little spray is all that's needed. It will fit in the TSA approved 3-1-1 bag and I have been taking it aboard ships for years.

Not only is it extremely effective on odors, it eliminates airborne bacteria (so it says).

I read a thread on this subject last year. Someone recommended 'Just One Drop" which I bought for our Christmas Mariner cruise. What was I thinking! I don't know if I had an allergic reaction to this or to the chemicals in the sanitation for Noro Virus. Or both. By mid-cruise, I had a sinus infection and really didn't feel very well at all. Never again. I'll just cross my fingers and hope we don't have the sewer smell in our stateroom.

Ladies bringing Perfume on board can always spray it in the bathroom. My husband used to ask me if I sprayed perfume in the bathroom. I would tell him, "Nope, pooped out a rose bush, Here's your sign!" Eight years together and still going strong!!;)

I've got to use spray. I always eat too much. My wife put on her lifevest thinking there was an emegency, because when I was in the bathroom there were seven short blasts followed by one long blast. :p

Why do people bring air fresheners?

if you've ever had toilet/backup issues on board with a marine toilet you'd know...

Never been a real issue on RCL ships...but we did a carnival cruise and it got to be disgusting by the end of the trip...never want to smell that air freshner smell [one that I brought with us] ever again..brings up too many not so pleasant memories.

Smells trigger memory for me. I'm big on aromatherapy/ fragrance as a way to relax, so I like to pick my fragrance for each trip special. To this day when ever I smell "Caribbean Escape" I immediately think of the Radiance and our 25th anniversary cruise:p.

Cashmere woods reminds me of the FOS cruise...

Plus, I just like the room to smell nice, just like home.

I prefer the b&bw ones, 2-3oz spray, also with "solid" clip on kind in either the matching fragrance or complementary one, one for room and one in bathroom..plug in's are good, but there's been alot on internet about them causing fires, so your room attendant might not let you use them...especially on a ship. Stopped bringing them after one leaked in my suitcase...the clothes smelled great though.

Archived