Add Airfare After Booking?

Solida123

Airfare is sky high (800+pp out of Indy, Cincy and Louisville to any of the South Florida airports) for our cruise on Valor March 30-April 8 (we booked with friends; didn't occur to me that this was Spring Break/Easter time), in fact higher than Carnival's air add-on. Can we call Carnival and add air after booking? Thanks in advance.

I would never do add on air, as they often route you so last minute and I go in the night before. I am not a chance taker. Terrible routing. Some have missed the ship, so sad too bad.

Not a chance Im willing to take.

I would keep watching airfare. Find a way to get there.

Whatever you do, do it soon. Airfare tends to be higher around Spring Break/Easter but gets higher the closer you get to departure.

We done "Carnival Air add-on" six times and never had a problem and we fly from Albany, NY where weather can be an issue. There were a couple of times where we worried about missing connections etc. due to storms, but it all turned out OK. I say call Carnival and see what their price is vs. booking air on your own. You do have a little assurance with Carnival Air that they will at least try to get you on the ship.

Just a side note: Last year I booked my air on my own for the day before our Miracle cruise. We found out after dinner the night before our flight that our flight had been moved to the next day. All worked out because we were on the first flights out of Albany on the day of the cruise and we made it to the ship with plenty of time to spare. I was even able to get refunded for my "paid for in advance non-refundable" hotel due to the airline canceling our original flights.

Moral of story is - things can happen no matter what. Have insurance, hope and pray for the best - have a back-up plan.

Airfare is sky high (800+pp out of Indy, Cincy and Louisville to any of the South Florida airports) for our cruise on Valor March 30-April 8 (we booked with friends; didn't occur to me that this was Spring Break/Easter time), in fact higher than Carnival's air add-on. Can we call Carnival and add air after booking? Thanks in advance.

Have you used bing dot com and their fare predictor? I just (FINALLY!!!) booked air for my late april cruise and that thing has been invaluable. Prices have jumped up and down by 400 dollars (yes!!) since I have been watching.

Yes, you can add air at anytime as long it is available; however, I would highly advise you to add on a 1 night pre-cruise hotel stay and fly in the day prior to sailing. Carnival you allow you to do this with a small deviation fee and if you also book your hotel through Carnival then they will usually provide transfers from the hotel to the ship on the day of sailing. But your free to book your own hotel and taxi to the ship. Unfortunately Carnival's air routes does not always place you on the most convenient flights nor non-stop. These are contract fares Carnival negotiated with the airlines. However, by flying in the day prior to sailing should you have any weather issues, miss connections, lost luggage or mechanical delays you won't have any problems making it to the ship in time and it takes the stress out of travel. I'm sure many would agree with me on this.

Archived