Princess transfers from LAX to San Pedro??

LaurieCM

Hi! I am all excited! I just book the April 10th 14 day Panama Canal cruise out of San Pedro. I even have confirmed the air. Which is best--buying Princess transfers? Or something else? I didn't book directly through the cruiseline- I guess I never have booked that way- I've always used either a travel agent or an online broker. I will be traveling with my Mom- she is 87 and walks with a cane, although she will be in a wheelchair at the airport. Any help will be appreciated. When my husband and I went to Alaska we had lots of help from you guys. Even on our last trip we enjoyed good advice- CCs hooked us up with good transport to the pier in Fort Lauderdale. HELP!!!

I's very easy to book a shuttle in advance, and there are ADA-accessible shuttles reservable through at least a couple of companies. From what I understand, it costs 50% more to use Princess. Just make sure you allow enough time for possible slip-ups, but then, I understand that the Princess transfers aren't perfect, either.

See you aboard!

There are plenty of shuttle services available at LAX - the two that come to mind are Super Shuttle and the Red Shuttle. Both are very good - you can make reservations but there will be representatives there to assist you outside the baggage area. We used the Red Shuttle in September and it was $34 for the two of us to Long Beach - San Pedro is a little further. If traffic is good it is a 35-45 minute ride.

Yeah, we had Princess transfers at the end of our Alaskan cruisetour in 2008 and almost missed our flight in Vancouver. Any specific shuttle services? When we used one in Fort Lauderdale people were able to give us specifics including phone numbers and websites.

We took a shuttle from LAX to the ship in 2010 and we used Super Shuttle (blue van). Made reservations online and we picked them up at the shuttle/taxi area with just our name and res. #. Not sure about wheel chair passengers but you can always ask. Price was only $34 plus tip for two of us. It was alot cheaper than the cruiseline.

Thanks to all- looks like I'll reserve a shuttle bus for Mom and me.

Yes, we used super shuttle to and from LAX to San Pedro, reliable, plenty of vans.

Also just booked them to and from San Francisco airport in May.

Enjoy your cruise !

Yeah, we had Princess transfers at the end of our Alaskan cruisetour in 2008 and almost missed our flight in Vancouver. Any specific shuttle services? When we used one in Fort Lauderdale people were able to give us specifics including phone numbers and websites.

For future reference, you never need a Princess shuttle in FLL. Just grab a taxi; much less money.

I liked Prime Time shuttle much more than Super shuttle on the phone and they were great picking us up at the airport and at the port. It was a nice ride and very easy. They are less money also. ( they are the red vans)

Actually, they're the ones I was thinking of who advertise ADA-compliant vans. When I used them, my experience was somewhat less satisfying than yours, but that could have been a one-off.

BTW, SuperShuttle often has discount codes. Check online.

Actually, they're the ones I was thinking of who advertise ADA-compliant vans. When I used them, my experience was somewhat less satisfying than yours, but that could have been a one-off.

BTW, SuperShuttle often has discount codes. Check online.

I would definitely check out Supershuttle or even Execucar (I keep reading good reviews of that part of SS on the Western Destinations board here on CC). But I also had a less than satisfying experience with PT (the red vans). We had reserved a private van to pick us up from our house to take us to the port and the reverse after our cruise. Whoever does their scheduling messed up on both days and sent the driver to the other location. Once, I might forgive, but not TWICE.:mad: Won't use them again.

Cruisin Chick (Patty):

So agree with you about Prime Time. Will never use them again. I do have a question about your post with regards to Execucar. Have you used them? Were they good and reliable? We have used Karmel a few times in the past, but have a friend that had a horrid experience with them in December, so I think we might look at another company. I know nothing about

Execucar and would love any further information about them.

Thanks!

We used the Princess transfer from LAX and it was great. Claimed our luggage at baggage claim, turned them over to Princess staff and next time we saw them was in our cabin. From baggage claim we were bussed to the Sheraton Gateway at LAX where we had rolls and coffee and registered for the cruise. We then took the bus to the ship walked in picked up our cruise cards and passed through security and walked right on the ship.

It's been a couple of years that I have gone from LAX to San Pedro, but I didn't recall the cab fare being exhorbitant. Does anyone have an idea of the cab fare from LAX to San Pedro? Thanks.

Just googled it and it looks like around $75.

We use Execucar often from our home to LAX. Good service, always on time, not a shared ride, but not inexpensive. LAX to Terminal in San Pedro with minimal traffic would be about 25 minutes at most.

Yeah the reason we went with Execucar and not Shuttle Express is the time we're arriving. We don't arrive at LAX until 9pm the night before the cruise and we didn't want to deal with a shared shuttle express van dropping a van load of folks off all over town on the way to San Pedro. Execucar meet/greet meets you at the baggage claim and off you go right from there....

It was $89 with tip if I recall (pre-paid) and we're going to ask them to see if they'll stop for 5 mins at a store so I can jump out and buy some wine on the way. We'll see if that works!

Shuttle Express definitely cheaper - We'll use them on the way back from San Pedro as all the vans leaving get loaded with folks going JUST to LAX....

Cruisin Chick (Patty):

So agree with you about Prime Time. Will never use them again. I do have a question about your post with regards to Execucar. Have you used them? Were they good and reliable? We have used Karmel a few times in the past, but have a friend that had a horrid experience with them in December, so I think we might look at another company. I know nothing about

Thanks!

We used Karmel and they screwed up both our pickup in LAX and the return. We will never use them again. We have had great luck with Zippy Shuttle. Never tried Execucar. May try them next time.

I've never heard of Zippy Shuttle, but just looked them up. Many good reviews, so that is now an option also. Thanks for the advice. We have used Karmel for several years now, but something must have changed. They just don't seem to be what they were, which is too bad. I'm happy to have some new options though. So glad this post was started.

Thanks for the good information.

Cruisin Chick (Patty):

Thanks!

We're using Execucar (meet/greet service) a week from Friday LAX to San Pedro so I can comment then if someone reminds me. :)

Since we rarely need a shuttle in the LA area, the only other shuttles that we've booked on our own have been Supershuttle (and that was over 20 years ago) and Coolrides. But the next time we sail out of LA (and decide to take a shuttle instead of one of our cars -- we both have sedans with limited trunk space and our last two cruises have been two-week ones), I'm going to take more time researching. Lots more time researching (including checking out people's comments on the western destinations board).

Also be aware that shuttle2lax.com is a consolidator but usually booking through them gets you Prime Time. They ran lots of commercials on LA television but not sure where else they're advertising.

We used Execucar last night and they were fantastic. Called my cell phone while the plane was taxi'ing to the gate at LAX. Met us at baggage claim, loaded/pushed the bags, car waiting with bottled water, took us by Rite Aid to pick up some wine.... We were in the car at 9.15pm and in San Pedro by 9.40-9.45pm.

Archived