taxi to Lindquist beach, and information about the beach

JOHN 57

hello Ms411, thank you for information, sounds like Sapphire is better.

John: "Better" is always subjective. If you are looking for snack bars and restrooms with showers, then Magens would be "better" than Sapphire or Lindquist.;)

hello Ms411, thank you for information, sounds like Sapphire is better.

John: "Better" is always subjective. If you are looking for snack bars and restrooms with showers, then Magens would be "better" than Sapphire or Lindquist.;)

John,

I think the taxi rate for 4 or more to Magen's is about the same as to Sapphire Beach, maybe a buck or 2 cheaper per person. However, with 3 ships in port with us, Magen's might get crowded and if you're looking for snorkeling Sapphire is way better. Lindquist (Smith's Bay,now?) is gorgeous but undeveloped. Might be worth a stop by just for a photo op and a dip.

The VITRAN bus is probably the least reliable transportation in the western hemisphere. So, no, that's not a good idea.

Since you need to bring your own food and drinks, you'll save on restaurant/bar food prices, so that goes to your transportation, IMO. Beers at the convenience store are $1.50 vs at least $3 at a bar/restaurant. Sodas are at least $2 in restaurant and $1 in convenience stores.

• 1 month later...
You're welcome, sail7seas. That might be my new favorite beach right now. I like the fact that it's not developed. It's nice to see a natural beach.

Is this beach in a remote place on the island or just quite a distance from where the cruise ships dock?

Archived