Island Marketing for shore excursions?

jacksmom09

Awesome tour company and we use them exclusively throughout the Caribbean. Have never had any issues with tours, always got back to the ship with enough time to do some shopping, and their drivers/guides are the best!

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has tried them and how it turned out? :confused:We are doing an eastern and are looking at several excursions (St Thomas, St Martin, and Bahamas)! Would love any input!:D

I used IM for a simple beach day in Nassau with no problems.

I would reccommend Godfrey in St. Thomas for a very reasonably priced (I think it was $25pp) and lovely tour that included shopping, sightseeing and beach time.

In St. Martin we went on the golden eagle cat through Carnival. It was lots of fun and beautiful, but quite pricey for the amount of time spent on the beach.

Happy researching!

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has tried them and how it turned out? :confused:We are doing an eastern and are looking at several excursions (St Thomas, St Martin, and Bahamas)! Would love any input!:D

We used then in Belize Dec. 2011. Booked online but paid the balance in cash. (do not like using credit card in the islands problem a few years ago) Well, got home and on my Visa (deposit was made online) I was billed the amount I paid in cash. The receipt given for paying cash was taken by the tour guide on the bus (which I was told would definitely not be a school but - but was and what a terrible ride to the ruins) After contacting IS 3 times, ( they thought they had one over on me and asked for a picture of their guide or bus to prove we were on the tour.) Yep, had both....... including hubby and group pic with her.. It took 3 1/2 weeks to finally get the credit on my cc. Told me they would investigate and let me know.....we are now in March and they do not return my emails or calls... Just curious what would happen to the person(s) if anything.....found them quite disorganized in Belize. Not sure if I would use them again. First time we had an issue with private tours and have cruised 18 times so far. Enjoy your cruise.

We've used them several times and had good experiences. Remember, though, that Island Marketing is an advertising/booking agent, not the tour company itself. They do the advertising and booking work for independent tour guides; when we were in Grand Cayman and took Captain John Michael's stingray/snorkel tour, he explained that if he had to do that work himself he wouldn't have the time to take people on the tours! (BTW, if you're in GC I highly recommend John Michael's tours. He is a great sailor and experienced at diving and snorkeling. Since our youngest two sons were happier to stay in the boat than snorkel the reef, he dove down to bring up a conch to show them. A really nice guy.:cool:)

Hi,

Has anyone specifically used IM in Montego Bay for Dunns River Falls tour? I am a little worried based on the distance needed to travel to Ocho Rios from MoBay. However, we do generally prefer independent tours and it is a huge price savings over CCL tour. Many thanks.

Archived