Looking for advise on how other pick their Remy/Palo Day

mommyto2kids

We are scheduled for our first Disney cruise on Jan 5/13 on the Fantasy.

We have sailed carnival a number of times before and finding a night to go to the Steakhouse was not a big deal b/c the dining room was the same each night so we just avoided the Formal night.

Picking a night to do a Grown up dinner have proven to be more of challenge for this cruise since we don't know what our dining rotation is going to be.

I can look at current Western Itinerary Navigators to figure out the Formal/Semi Formal and Pirate nights and I know that I will eat at each restaurant at least 2x, but there are a few variables I haven't quite worked out.

We have focusing on a family vacation since this cruise is replacing Disney world so we are focusing on family activities vs everyone doing their own thing all the time. I know my kids would enjoy Animator's palate and I have heard that the show is different on Pirate night. If that is true I don't want the kids to miss either Animator's palate show b/c their parents booked Palo for that night. I also don't want to do both early dinner and a late Palo/Remy because I don't want to spend the whole night in a restaurant.

I am considering forgoing Palo/Remy dinner and just doing a brunch. For those who have done both, is the experience comparable.

If I am just worrying for nothing please tell me, we never thought we could justify the price for a Disney cruise b/c it was so much more than Carnival so we are very excited and want to make the most of it for everyone.

I am considering forgoing Palo/Remy dinner and just doing a brunch. For those who have done both, is the experience comparable.

If I had to choose between a Palo dinner and brunch, I would definitely take the brunch (though I would miss the chocolate souffle!). I thought the brunch was fantastic, with a wide variety of food to try.

Dinner was excellent (the best steak I had on the ship), but I felt the brunch was more of an "experience."

Haven't tried Remy, so I can't comment.

Haven't done Remy, but we have done both Brunch and Dinner at Palo. It would be very hard for us to decide between Palo Brunch or Dinner because they are both so good. Certainly different meals, but each great.

As far as the Palo/Remy decision goes, we've been wrestling with the question of how Remy can be worth the price difference. We just love the dinners at Palo (which is 'only' $20 up charge) and have a hard time figuring how Remy could be worth $75. How much better can it be? Well, I guess I'll just have to try it to see. :rolleyes:

Archived