Do people really enjoy Moderno?

laxlove6

I think people get tricked into something it isn't. Its a buffet restaurant disguised as a $18 pay restaurant. Why don't they just have all the meats up at the buffet part, that way you could eat your food at the same time. Instead you have to wait for a waiter to come around and hope that he or she has something you like.

I think people get tricked into something it isn't. Its a buffet restaurant disguised as a $18 pay restaurant. Why don't they just have all the meats up at the buffet part, that way you could eat your food at the same time. Instead you have to wait for a waiter to come around and hope that he or she has something you like.

All Brazlian Ridizio is like that. We pay $40 pp here when we go.

It's about the experience.

You basically have a carvery delivered to you. It's the exact opposite of a buffet.

The stream of gauchos is pretty steady. We repeatedly had to turn our cards to red, because we didn't have enough time to finish the last batch.

Have you tried it ????....

All Brazlian Ridizio is like that. We pay $40 pp here when we go.

We have a bunch here, DH likes the meat, I like the salad bar! It's a specific type of restaurant, not a buffet. Maybe the OP is not familiar with them?

But you are getting the rest of the food from a buffet any ways.

Guess you have never been to one.

Other than a traditionally amazing salad bar, the food is brought to the table. The side vary by restaurant. On the Epic there was rice, a bean dish, fries (for the kids), fried bananas and other items. When I ate in Vegas at a similar place the had fried plantains and other various dishes as sides.

Another advantage is that the food doesn't sit out under a heat lamp. It's brought to the tables off the grill.

You don't have to understand or like it, but I really enjoy the experience.

My first experience was on our last cruise on the Jade. It was wonderful. Can't say enough good things about it. I LOVED the pineapple Yum.

Can't wait for my next cruise to try it again.

This is the first speciality restraunt I've gone to.

I can't wait to try it. We are big meat eaters so this is right up our alley.

We ate at something that sounds similar to this many years back in Cartegena Columbia at a ranch.

We usually only do one specialty restaurant (Cagneys) one night on the ship, but we'll have to plan on 2 for our next cruise.

So where do you get the side dishes from? The buffet?

Here is an example of a land-based rodizio http://www.riorodizio.com/

They're a popular kind of restaurant here. They bring around the different types of bbq'd meats, and then there is an extensive salad bar. It's a specialty restaurant. I guess some areas of the country don't have them, but they've been around here for as long as I remember.

I agree with the OP's comments about the pricing. Amazing churrascaria where I'm from (Montreal, Canada) is usually 30$ p.p +tax, but the cruise ship is positioning it at the same level as a steakhouse or a fine french restaurant (both run me over 60$ p.p +tax here).

The service at a fine dining restaurant is a little more intensive than what i'd expect at a churrascaria, and the 'salad bar' lessens their work even more.

I think a 10$ price point, to match with the Italian Restaurant would be more suitable. even 15$

I think he mentioned it was 18$? I'm pretty sure the ncl website said it was 20$...

I agree with the OP's comments about the pricing. Amazing churrascaria where I'm from (Montreal, Canada) is usually 30$ p.p +tax, but the cruise ship is positioning it at the same level as a steakhouse or a fine french restaurant (both run me over 60$ p.p +tax here).

The service at a fine dining restaurant is a little more intensive than what i'd expect at a churrascaria, and the 'salad bar' lessens their work even more.

I think a 10$ price point, to match with the Italian Restaurant would be more suitable. even 15$

I think he mentioned it was 18$? I'm pretty sure the ncl website said it was 20$...

Actually, pricing is the reason why we don't do the hibachi on the ships. It costs $25 pp here at home, and $25 upcharge on the ship. I think Le Bistro is a good deal, because a similar meal here would cost much more than the surcharge.

Churrascaria here in Chicago are $60 per person no drinks so I think the $20 on the ship is great. So figure almost $!00 p/p with tips and drinks.

We only eat in the specialty restaurants while on board as it's our way of controlling food intake rather than pulling a chair up to the troughs to eat all day as some do because they feel they have paid for it all they will eat it all. Often it's rather disgusting to watch the way some react to a buffet, but then their the same ones that use the hot tubs as a bath tub because they can't fit in the cabin shower.

As for Moderno not only is the food excellent but its also about the "churrascaria" experience. And in case you don't know a real Argentina experience will cost you a lot more.

The salad bar INCLUDED is also worth the price.

Actually, pricing is the reason why we don't do the hibachi on the ships. It costs $25 pp here at home, and $25 upcharge on the ship. I think Le Bistro is a good deal, because a similar meal here would cost much more than the surcharge.

Agreed.

Archived