Have you ever lost your camera while on a cruise? This site might be able to help...

I just discovered this site... http://www.stolencamerafinder.com and I thought anyone here who had lost or had a camera stolen might mind it useful.

I know this isn't RCI specific but with our resident lost camera detective here (I'm looking at you Aquahound :) ), I thought it might be useful to post here.

:)

Before we leave I always put my name, address, phone number, ship and itinerary on a piece of paper and then take a picture of it. That is always the first picture on my camera. This way if I lose my camera, it gives the finder a way to contact me and return it. Unfortunately, this method will be of no value if the camera is stolen.

Before we leave I always put my name, address, phone number, ship and itinerary on a piece of paper and then take a picture of it. That is always the first picture on my camera. This way if I lose my camera, it gives the finder a way to contact me and return it. Unfortunately, this method will be of no value if the camera is stolen.

Thanks, this is an excellent idea. There are honest people out there who would make use of the info.

There was a post a few years back where someone lost their camera in Aruba and it floated it's way to Key West and some sea turtles happened to turn the camera on while in transit! Anyhow, the finder was stationed in Key West and recognized the pics as being Aruba and he managed to track down the owner. It was a great thread!

I was going to say this too. It's also a good idea to attach a little tag with your cabin number. Most people are honest and will help you -- if you provide the information.

Also, if you're buying a new camera, choose one that isn't exactly like everyone else's . . . Or at least put it into a bright, unusual case. Once I lost a plain black camera at a wedding. At the end, I found it left on a table, and some stranger's pictures were on it. I am sure that someone took it by mistake, then realized that his wife had his real camera!

Before we leave I always put my name,

address, phone number, ship and itinerary on a piece of paper and then take

a picture of it. That is always the first picture on my camera. This way if I lose

my camera, it gives the finder a way to contact me and return it. Unfortunately,

this method will be of no value if the camera is stolen.

This is also what we do, the only sugestion I have is the format that we use.

I prepare / print a word document (Landscape mode fills the frame) (save

it for future use) and take a picture on the internal memory (now the camera

is branded) and ALL memory chips I take with me on the trip.

I write protect this picture so they cannot be erased by accident.

I do NOT like to give out too much info, name address and phone number

in the wrong hands can be a problem. I offer a reward (no amount stated),

give my cell and my spouses cell (harder to trace address) and email

address (contains my name) if turned into ship or resort lost and found.

The text I use is as follows

To claim a $$$ reward for the

return of this camera to its owner

Call Phone # XXX-XXX-XXXX

or Alternate # XXX-XXX-XXXX

E-mail Contact info

MyEmailAddress@xxx.com

Jeff

What a dam good idea!!! Thanks I hope you dont mind i am going to borrow your great idea?

Steve

Archived