Noise from next door?

Golfman3436

I don't remember ever hearing anything from the room next to ours on our last cruise. On this cruise we are in an adjoining room with my parents:eek:. I am kinda concerned about sounds being heard in the other room. And yes a I am nervous about making and also hearing stuff from their cabin. From past experienced how much did you hear of your neighbors? Thanks in advance.

We had an adjoining room with my DS and her DH on our last cruise on the Magic. I'm not sure which ship you will be on, but I can assure you we were not disturbed by any noises from their room. We actually heard more noise from the room on the other side. And that was only because they insisted on slamming their balony door each time they went out. :eek:

At night we shut the doors between the rooms and, yes, they did lock on each side. I don't know if it's the same on all Carnival ships, but I would assume so.

Are you in an actual "connecting" cabin? Or just next door? Never had a connecting room, so don't know about that. But as for people next door-never have heard anything. The connecting rooms may be different. The door between them could be thinner than the outer door or a gap below the door- both would allow sound to travel thru them.

PS the doors would have to lock from both sides. They could be sold to different people who didn't know ea other. Our TA tried to book us in 1 of those, but we turned it down.

I don't remember ever hearing anything from the room next to ours on our last cruise. On this cruise we are in an adjoining room with my parents:eek:. I am kinda concerned about sounds being heard in the other room. And yes a I am nervous about making and also hearing stuff from their cabin. From past experienced how much did you hear of your neighbors? Thanks in advance.

Just ask your steward for extra pillows, silly Golfman!:D:p;)

We had a connecting cabin one time. We did not know the people on the other side. We could clearly hear what was being said, at times, but I think that the man on the other side had a fairly loud voice. They were celebrating an anniversary on that cruise. We did not hear any "celebrating", but as I said, we could hear them talking during the day. Just keep the TV on while your "in the cabin" It will cover up the goings on in your cabin, and help to keep you from hearing what goes on next door.

The door between them could be thinner than the outer door or a gap below the door- both would allow sound to travel thru them.

There are two doors. Each cabin has it's own door with a lock on it. One swings into your cabin, the other into the connecting cabin. This prevents you from getting into the connecting cabin without your neighbor's permission.

We recently had a connecting room with my brother, and his wife. Yes, there are two doors, each which locks, so no worries about that. We heard NOTHING coming from their cabin, so I don't think you'll have to worry about that either. If you have any doubts, just turn the TV up a bit. :D

I occasionally tell the story ,of many years ago, on a long gone ship, when we had a very religious couple next door. She kept yelling "OH GOD,,,OH GOD". :eek:

"SKY"

Doesn't it make you wonder why people insist on slamming balcony doors ?

We had an adjoining room with my DS and her DH on our last cruise on the Magic. I'm not sure which ship you will be on, but I can assure you we were not disturbed by any noises from their room. We actually heard more noise from the room on the other side. And that was only because they insisted on slamming their balony door each time they went out. :eek:

At night we shut the doors between the rooms and, yes, they did lock on each side. I don't know if it's the same on all Carnival ships, but I would assume so.

Archived