Problems on the Magic???

5waldos

When I got on the computer this morning it looked like the ship was starting to turn. I did some other things, and when I clicked back on the webcam Magic was already pulling into the terminal. Somebody on the webcam chat link at the bottom of the screen said she was having a hard time trying to turn, but I haven't heard anybody mention a problem.

For some reason the USCBP was also slow to clear the ship this morning. John Heald posted on FB that they were about an hour late starting disembarkation. He didn't say anything about thruster problems.

What ever the problem, I hope they have it fixed by August. :D

I hope they have it fixed in 21 days!

And although I was told John had mentioned it- I don't see it either. Oh well- we'll see if they get out ok- if they can't turn around it will be an interesting departure- wonder how the Captain is at backing up?:eek:

I hope they have it fixed in 21 days!

And although I was told John had mentioned it- I don't see it either. Oh well- we'll see if they get out ok- if they can't turn around it will be an interesting departure- wonder how the Captain is at backing up?:eek:

They back down the channel may times. They turn in the basin at the other end.

It might of been the wind, it has been very windy here in central Florida today

Sorry about the wind in central Florida, but the Magic is in Galveston, Texas.

Waiting to hear if there is a problem. Hope not since we will be on her in 2 weeks.

Sharon

Just a thought....John Heald said on his facebook post that they had a customs/border patrol inspection this morning, and I believe they would know that before they dock. They may have wanted to get docked as quickly as possible so that could start and not delay debarkation. Then, they would turn when they leave, once everyone is on the ship, most of them don't really care so much what time they leave :D

Sorry about the wind in central Florida, but the Magic is in Galveston, Texas.

Waiting to hear if there is a problem. Hope not since we will be on her in 2 weeks.

Sharon

Hey Sharon!! Y'all have fun on the Magic. I loved her when I went in Dec. :D

Apaprently John Heald posted it on his blog this morning so likely true.

Why didn't you just check his blog before spreading a false rumor... one click and you would have known he posted NO SUCH THING. bizarre.

He just posted to FB

The Captain had to dock portside side today as you will see from the webcams because when we arrived this morning there was a huge car container ship across the bay and she had a large fuel barge tied up next to her. This meant there was no turning space so those who like to watch on the webcam will see the unusal sight of the turn being done on departure.

Archived