Positive experiences with Anytime Dining??

jackdis

We did anytime dining on both of our cruises with Carnival. On our first cruise on the Sensation, it was wonderful. We got the same table and server every night and the longest we had to wait was 10 minutes. On our second cruise on the Freedom, we did not have a great experience with our server so we did not eat in the main dining room after the first night. It seemed that he was very busy and could not keep up with his tables. Dinner took over 2 hours. Whether the issue was because of anytime dining, or just luck of the draw with who we had as a server, I do not know.:)

I think you'll be fine since it appears as though you'll be going on the Imagination. We had YTD on our past 3 cruises and it was pretty good on the Fascination (also Fantasy class) and so-so on the Glory.

We did a 5 day on the Fascination with our kids and some friends of ours (party of 9) and went to MDR 4 nights. We were seated right away, even with 9 of us and had good service (ok to great) 3 of the 4 nights. Elegant night was off a bit. We were always seated at a table with just the 9 of us.

DH and I did a 4 day on the Fascination and ate 3 nights in the MDR. We were seated right away each night at a table for 2. Again, elegant night was a little off, but the other 2 nights were good (ok to great). I suggest you go early or late as 6:30-7:45 is the big rush...especially go early on elegant night (on the Glory, we went at 6:45 and had a 75 minute wait...but we got a pager, sat in the lobby and had some drinks while listening to the band). If you go between 5:45 and 6:15, you may be seated by the window.

Someone on CC suggested to me that we go (on my upcoming cruise) to the MDR and check in and ask for a pager and tell them that we'll be having a drink and to page us in about 30 minutes, when a table is ready for us. I am going with my mom who has never cruised CCL and is leary about it (she's heard all the talk about Carnival and fell for it) and I want to show her CCL at it's best. I tried to get us in early set dining, thinking that would give her the best experience...but early dining is all full. That's ok...it'll be nice to go to dinner when we are ready and not rush back from port. If we can't get there by 6:30, I'll just ask for a pager and let them page us when it's not so crazy. And I will stick with a good server (never really did on the other cruises because I found when we asked for someone specific, we were told we'd have to wait and we always chose not to wait...this time we'll wait with our pager).

I thought I had read that they still dance etc. if so about what time did they do this. We are with our kids and doing the anytime dinning but still think they will enjoy the dancing etc. Also did they only do it on certain nights. We are doing the Carnival Victory southern carribean.

I thought I had read that they still dance etc. if so about what time did they do this. We are with our kids and doing the anytime dinning but still think they will enjoy the dancing etc. Also did they only do it on certain nights. We are doing the Carnival Victory southern carribean.

We always do anytime dining, and are not into the "entertainment", but have managed to see it every time. We have dined at all different times, too.

Around 7:00 and again around 9:00 every night except the first one.

I keep reading that people that chose YTD sit by themselvs, as a couple or as a family. What if you are YTD and want to sit with complete strangers? Is this do-able? Has it been offered to you, and you turned a quicker seating down, just to be alone? We have had early, and late and thought we would give YTD a chance, but we like to meet people, is this going to be possible?

I keep reading that people that chose YTD sit by themselvs, as a couple or as a family. What if you are YTD and want to sit with complete strangers? Is this do-able? Has it been offered to you, and you turned a quicker seating down, just to be alone? We have had early, and late and thought we would give YTD a chance, but we like to meet people, is this going to be possible?

Absolutely possible, if available, and provided your group doesn't have so many people that they take up the largest table in the MDR all to themselves.

Loved it! Only one night did we not talk to other individuals and it was perfectly fine because I was totally exhausted/wanted to sleep by dinner anyway!! Hoping to book the same trip this year very soon and *hope* I can get Anytime Dining.

Archived