Ladies please help !!

sukyrin

Cruising in April for 5 days on the Elation.

How many change of clothes do you bring??

Is it safe to say, 5 day cruise I need 5 shorts, 5 shirts etc......

Please help, I am a first time cruiser :)

Take into account that u may be in a swimsuit and cover up a good part of the day if u like to lounge or do beach type excursions. Then u may not need as many clothes. On a 7 day cruise I bring 4 shorts and 7 t shirts and thats usually too much. I bring dresses, skirts and capris for dinnertime. 3 or 4 swimsuits and 3 coverups. Most people end up bringing way to much stuff.

1st- welcome to cruising-- you will love it. For me, I take a daytime outfit & a nigttime outfit for ea day onboard. But I try to mix & match. I'll take a pair of capris w/2 shirts to go with it. Also pack a light jacket- it gets cool & windy up on deck & in the main show room. I also pack 2 swimsuits, so I can wear the 2nd 1 if the 1st one is wet. There is a clothesline type thing in the shower to hang wet suits on. I make a list of what I'll be doing ea day & pack accordingly. I always have a change of clothes for dinner.

Good luck with your planning & enjoy your cruise.

Everyone will probably say don't over pack.. but for our first cruise I definately under packed. I was so consumed with having enough dresses and swimsuits, things I don't usually use in my everyday "non-cruise" life, that I didn't bring enough of the stuff I do wear everyday. I definately didn't have enough tops, and ended up having to do laundry midweek. I guess I assumed I'd be in a swimsuit from the time I woke up until we dressed for dinner each night, that I forgot to bring the in between stuff. In fact, I found that I wasn't in a bathing suit all that much except for port days when we actually swam.

I will definatley pack differently for our next cruise.

Last cruise I actually didn't take enough. Not because it was dirty, but I just wanted more variety. Mixing and matching is important, but ultimately, take what you might want to wear over the course of your cruise. You will want a daytime and nighttime outfit for each day. Your outfit for a port day may be your swimsuit and cover up, but for a sea day, you may want an additional change of clothes. Try to coordinate your shoes for as many outfits as possible- that's where a lot of ladies go wrong. Your shoes don't need their own bag!

This being your first cruise, you will probably overpack. But don't sweat it, you'll figure it out for your next one ;)!

I always cruise on 7 or 8 day cruises. I usually bring 1 day and 1 night outfit for every day of the cruise. I also bring at least 2 or 3 swimsuits plus a couple of coverups. As for shoes, I bring a pair of flipflops, dress shoes, leather sandals, and tennis shoes. I usually wear the tennis shoes on board at embarkation. Plus I bring a couple of work out type outfits in case I decide to go to the gym and a couple of sleepwear outfits. I usually don't end up wearing everything I bring, but I like to have options. DH and I bring 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on each.

It depends on if you want an assortment of choices. I always pack too much but am glad I did because I like to pick and choose what I'm going to wear. If I go for 7 days, I make sure I have 10 nights of outfits and 10 days of outfits. Yes, I come home with stuff I haven't worn and half my clothes are clean, but I like to have options ;)

Well, I have learned over the course of our cruises.....I thought the same, I need a pair of shorts & shirts for everyday. In our case we are beach/pool people so we are in our swimsuits and cover ups for most of the days. I do bring a few pair of shorts and plenty of tops though. As somebody said it depends on what you will be doing. Enjoy your 1st cruise.....you willl be hooked!

For a 5 day cruise I would take:

5 dresses for nights. Sundresses for casual nights, cocktail dress for elegant night. I would wear the one for the first night for check-in and boarding.

5 casual shirts/ t-shirts.

2 shorts. 1 pair of kahki shorts and one basketball/beach style.

1 light jacket and 1 pair of long-pants in case it gets cold.

2 bathing suits- I don't like wearing a wet one.

1 pair of flip-flops, 1 pair of tennis shoes, and pair of dressier low heels or flats to wear to dinner.

Hope that helps

For a 5 day cruise I would take:

5 dresses for nights. Sundresses for casual nights, cocktail dress for elegant night. I would wear the one for the first night for check-in and boarding.

5 casual shirts/ t-shirts.

2 shorts. 1 pair of kahki shorts and one basketball/beach style.

1 light jacket and 1 pair of long-pants in case it gets cold.

2 bathing suits- I don't like wearing a wet one.

1 pair of flip-flops, 1 pair of tennis shoes, and pair of dressier low heels or flats to wear to dinner.

Hope that helps

This is about what I bring, except I don't bring dresses, I bring 2-3 pr black pants and 6 tops to go with them. The rest of the list is nearly identical to what I bring.

For a 5-day I usually bring 3 shorts, 1 Bermuda, 1 pair of pants and probably 7 casual shirts, along with 2 "going out" shirts. I also bring 2 bathing suits and 2 cover ups. Other than that, everything else is toiletries, medication, flip flops and formal heels. ;)

I recently did a B2B2B totalling 14 days, two fives and a four. With a carryon. Four long comfortable dresses which I could wear all day and dress up with jewelry for evenings; two pair capris, two t-shirts, bathing suit and coverup (which doubled as my nightgown. Underwear, three pairs of shoes (could have done it with two). A shawl for cool places onboard. It worked really well. I washed out underwear every couple of nights. Tshirts were very light weight to dry fast. Unfortunately, this ship had no self service laundry facilities. EM

I hate that expression pack then take half out because of that half, how do you know you're not leaving something behind. If you like to get dressed and take pictures, pack a day wear and a night wear. I always pack a lot just in case I spill something on myself or I may want to change after dinner which would make for 3 outfits a day. I'm on vacation so doing laundry is out of the question. On a 5 day I would have 5 dresses......5 shorts......10 tops........1pair sweat pants.......1 sweater.......3 bathing suits......and other things

I am slowly getting better about over packing. Used to always take way too many clothes. For me, for a 5 day cruise I would bring 2-3 pairs of shorts and 3-4 tops for wearing during the day. This last cruise I took some individual packets of Tide laundry soap and I rinsed out my underwear, socks and tops every couple of days (we were on the 8-night Freedom). I think shorts can be worn more than once between washings. I didn't take as many dressy clothes either, for dinner/evenings. I brought one pair of black dressy slacks, 2 fancier glittery tops (for the "elegant" nights) then I brought a couple other tops that went with the black slacks, and one pair of beige slacks and a couple tops that went with those. With rinsing out underwear and socks I didn't need to bring enough for the entire 12 days we were gone, so that helped on the packing too. I wore jeans for the flight down and back home, and had one regular sweatshirt, a sweater, and my zip-up hooded sweatshirt and I believe that was it. Oh, and I wore sneakers most of the time, and had a pair of sandals and one pair of dressy shoes.

I would bring a hoody and a pair of jeans plus 5 shorts and 5 shirts. I'd bring 1 bathing suit and cover-up and 2 sleepwear outfits (I bring yoga type pants and t-shirts). I'd bring a cocktail dress for elegant night and 4 other outfits (sundresses or capris). And of course undies/bras. I would bring 2 pair of socks to sleep in, but would wear flip-flop/sandals (would wear a pair on the ship and pack 2 other pairs...1 brown, 1 silver and 1 black) and would bring 1 pair black heels. That's if I didn't want to do laundry.

I usually bring a bag of quarters and some Purex all in 1 sheets and I do laundry...then I bring 3 shorts outfits and 1 sleepwear and 1 cocktail dress with 2 other MDR outfits. I still bring jeans and hoody for chilly nights. I also still bring all the shoes and the bathing suit/cover up. This way DH and I can pack in 1 suitcase and 1 carry on.

I will also pack: highlighter for Fun Times, sticky notes, 2 bottles of wine, pop-up hamper, sound machine/alarm clock, outlet adapter (to make the 1 outlet into 3), flat iron, tuperwear thingy with meds (and seabands, mini sewing kit, bandaids, earplugs, mini corkscrew...etc), toiletries (including shampoo and conditioner and sunblock and aloe), mini flashlight, hanging shower organizer (just bought), an ID holder thing for around my neck (for S&S card), a few ziplocs, camera, chargers, Ipod, E-reader, beach/tote bag, a mini umbrella and a couple bottles of water. I once brought a mini collapsable cooler to keep ice in, but realized we don't need it (the ice bucket is good and if we order beers for the cabin, we fill the sink with ice water to chill the beer in...that's if we don't have a mini fridge). Also brought 2 mugs (from Disney) that we never used, so those stay home now too. And brought DH and DD's gloves and a softball for DD to work on pitching. We never used them, so will probably leave those home from now on too.

I don't eat in the MDR so I only need one pair black slacks and nice top for the one night I do go (only for the lobster:)). Other than that on a 7 day I bring about four pair of shorts, about ten tank tops, pair of capri, no bathing suits (don't get in the water), flip flops, dress shoes, tennis shoes...other than that it's the regular things camera, makeup, etc:) 12 cruises and it works for me:):):)

Been on the Elation 2 times...both 5 day cruises...

I try to pack 3 pairs of shorts that I can mix with tops for day casual...dress clothes for night...2 pairs of slacks with shirts to mix in and a formal style dress for elegant night...swim suits (2) and coverup...yoga pants for cool mornings/ and nice jeans for the stuff at night...it is cold in those shows!! Oh and throw in a sweater or light jacket for sure!!

Cruising in April for 5 days on the Elation.

How many change of clothes do you bring??

Is it safe to say, 5 day cruise I need 5 shorts, 5 shirts etc......

Please help, I am a first time cruiser :)

If you're my mother, you'll need 3 outfits a day (extra for elegant evening, usually at least two outfits because she can't decide too far in advance what she's going to wear so that's 5 outfits for that day). If you're me, you can get away with 3 tops, 2 shorts, 2 pants/slacks and an outfit for elegant night. Please remember someone has to cart all that stuff around once you are off the ship (whether it's getting it to a car or an airport.

I usually count the days I am away Are you going to warm or cold Pack accordingly

You will need day clothes and evening wear 1 per day or for 7 days 3-4 shorts 1 top per day Depending on how fancy you like to get you pack stuff you would wear at home to go out

For fancy evenings skirt and fancy top ...think glitter If you have gowns or cocktail dresses HERE you can wear them if you like ....I DO

DO NOT FORGET A FANCY sweater,pashmina or shawl Some ships are VERY COOL

A blazer or jacket or sweater for all other outfits I jogging suit with hoody ...just in case for seadays ..THEY are often quite windy and cool Hat or cap I windbreaker/raincoat or poncho

Nightwear ...cover shoulders ,flip flops DO NOT WALK BAREFOOT anywhere!!!Sandals,1 or 2 fancy shoes ...no more ...no need....... 1 small purse for evening

Travel in running shoes.....good on excursions Bathing suits and covers ...Some I got in the islands are REAL nice

I have clothes I only wear on cruises I like to shop for them I like dressing up at night but do what suits you ...I think fancy nights are nice It gives me a chance to wear clothes I rarely wear except to weddings so I like taking those along NOw I prefer Cocktail dresses LEES weight in bags

BonVoyage

You are gonna love cruising ...I sure got hooked ...11 years ago!!!

Michele

I would bring a hoody and a pair of jeans plus 5 shorts and 5 shirts. I'd bring 1 bathing suit and cover-up and 2 sleepwear outfits (I bring yoga type pants and t-shirts). I'd bring a cocktail dress for elegant night and 4 other outfits (sundresses or capris). And of course undies/bras. I would bring 2 pair of socks to sleep in, but would wear flip-flop/sandals (would wear a pair on the ship and pack 2 other pairs...1 brown, 1 silver and 1 black) and would bring 1 pair black heels. That's if I didn't want to do laundry.

I usually bring a bag of quarters and some Purex all in 1 sheets and I do laundry...then I bring 3 shorts outfits and 1 sleepwear and 1 cocktail dress with 2 other MDR outfits. I still bring jeans and hoody for chilly nights. I also still bring all the shoes and the bathing suit/cover up. This way DH and I can pack in 1 suitcase and 1 carry on.

I will also pack: highlighter for Fun Times, sticky notes, 2 bottles of wine, pop-up hamper, sound machine/alarm clock, outlet adapter (to make the 1 outlet into 3), flat iron, tuperwear thingy with meds (and seabands, mini sewing kit, bandaids, earplugs, mini corkscrew...etc), toiletries (including shampoo and conditioner and sunblock and aloe), mini flashlight, hanging shower organizer (just bought), an ID holder thing for around my neck (for S&S card), a few ziplocs, camera, chargers, Ipod, E-reader, beach/tote bag, a mini umbrella and a couple bottles of water. I once brought a mini collapsable cooler to keep ice in, but realized we don't need it (the ice bucket is good and if we order beers for the cabin, we fill the sink with ice water to chill the beer in...that's if we don't have a mini fridge). Also brought 2 mugs (from Disney) that we never used, so those stay home now too. And brought DH and DD's gloves and a softball for DD to work on pitching. We never used them, so will probably leave those home from now on too.

OMG, it's like you're me!:D Everything you said about what you bring and don't bring is exactly the same. Except I don't do wash ever and I bring a bathing suit and cover up for each beach excursion we take (we don't ever use the ships pool or Jacuzzi). I never wear a swimsuit twice because as I said the only difference between us is that I don't do wash, otherwise we're twins!:D And my DH also brought gloves and a softball for the DS to work on pitching and never used them so we don't bring them anymore either!

Archived