Wow...that was wierd....

Wow is right! I'm only going to address the comments that I highlighted in red, because those are the ones that offend me the most.

We are the ones who are trying to kick :rolleyes: you out of that cabin. We booked that cruise, along with the following week, back on May 18, 2011. I just discovered over the weekend that somehow we've ended up in 1602 for week 1. I contacted my TA today, I have the confirmation showing that we have a deposit paid on that cabin for BOTH weeks, and I've asked him to try to get it settled. I'm not sure how this happened, but like you, I'd like to get it resolved. I understand that you're upset with this, as am I, but I'm not exactly thrilled with being booted out of a cabin that I put a deposit on almost 10 months ago. We've sailed enough that we know if we want a coveted cabin, we need to book it early, and we did. For you to assume that we don't know any better is just that, an assumption. I clearly didn't follow the thought of "you snooze you lose". As far as I knew, I held that cabin. I'm not really interested in spending turn around day moving from one cabin to another, regardless of how far it is. Part of the fun of a B2B is NOT having to pack.

If you recall, I posted on our roll call a few weeks ago that we had booked that cruise a while back. I see you posted again today on the roll call that a "b2b pax" was trying to keep the cabin. That's true, I am. Surely you can understand my angst, as I do yours, but to go trash talk it without knowing ALL the facts is not very nice. :( You can bet that I'm just as upset about this as you are, if not more so.

Nancy

Wow is right. I am just back on board this morning and had no idea this snowballed into

the twilight zone over night. :eek:

First of all to Nancy: I am very sorry if I would have offended you in anyway. I did not look at my post as "trash talk" at all. I also would never have known that you had booked this cabin for this cruise. How could I have known?? And yes, I saw your post that you had booked this cruise, but you never mentioned what cabin you were booked in. If so, that would have flagged it for me right there. If you were to read any of my many posts, you would find I like to help people and offer encouragement when I can. I would never want to hurt anyone in anyway, it makes my stomach wrench up that you would think that of me. I enjoy meeting our wonderful CC members and the other cruise mates on our jouney. They become friends quickly. I hope I can still call you friend as well.

History: Two months ago I was scrolling through the RCI website looking for this special Valentines day cruise for cabins available. I have been trying to book this favored cabin #1100 for years now and can never seem to snag it in time. Imagine my extreme pleasure and surprise when this cabin was listed. I was thrilled!! I booked it online immediately as a surprise for my DH. And as always, I go into the RCI website to check on my reservations quite often, checking for price drops, etc. (I have several booked). This cabin was, and is, since January showing on my reservations as confirmed.

I was still dreaming of how wonderful this will be for our romantic get away...until yesterday. :(

When the RCI rep called, she told me that whomever was booked in 1602 and 1100 on a b2b would like to have our cabin to avoid moving. Since I had booked 2 months ago and had heard nothing till now, I assumed she was talking about a new booking. As I stated in my post, and to the RCI rep, "I would love to accomodate these people, but I had my heart set on this cabin and prefer it over 1602 in many ways". I told her "I don't blame them, as I am sure they know the difference also". I then had to proceed to describe the benefits of 1100 versus 1602 to the RCI rep since she had absolutely no idea why this cabin would be different than any others. She is not familiar with the layout at all.

I then told her I would go ahead and give up the cabin for an upgrade..."perhaps Grand Suite or Owners Suite" though my heart was not in it since I had so much wanted this cabin even over an OS or GS "as many will actually turn down an upgrade in favor of this cabin", I told her. But I still told her I was willing to give it up for that upgrade, to someone I assumed had booked after I did. (Since I booked on line direct I was naturally assuming I booked first, how could I not know???!!)

The RCI rep's answer was a firm "no" to the upgrade.

Strange call, stange situation, and now I feel like I have done something wrong and am

the bad person here.

I ask: What would you all have done in my place?

??????

OP dont feel bad at all you are / were 100% in the right, to the folks booking B2B you used a TA and they messed up somewhere, not sure if your useing a TA to get a deal or OBC but you made the deal with a TA not directly with RCI as the OP did. I am sure that is why RCI is not willing to give the OP an upgrade or anything to change rooms, RCI was prob doing a favor for the TA even calling the OP. again to the OP dont feel bad or anything your 100% in the right

OP dont feel bad at all you are / were 100% in the right, to the folks booking B2B you used a TA and they messed up somewhere, not sure if your useing a TA to get a deal or OBC but you made the deal with a TA not directly with RCI as the OP did. I am sure that is why RCI is not willing to give the OP an upgrade or anything to change rooms, RCI was prob doing a favor for the TA even calling the OP. again to the OP dont feel bad or anything your 100% in the right

Thanks...I was reading this back to my DH with tears in my eyes. I appreciate your

post, that was very sweet.

Hey Island Lady -

I remember you from my FOS cruise on 12/11/11 - a very helpful and friendly person. I feel just awful for both you and the OP. RCI (or the TA) really, and I mean REALLY messed up here. I sincerely hope they come up with a solution that is acceptable to both of you. Good luck!

Hey Island Lady -

I remember you from my FOS cruise on 12/11/11 - a very helpful and friendly person. I feel just awful for both you and the OP. RCI really, and I mean REALLY messed up here. I sincerely hope they come up with a solution that is acceptable to both of you. Good luck!

I also remember you from our cruise on Freedom. If I had any type of question, you were usually the first to respond. You were always very helpful. Good luck to both parties involved.

Hey Island Lady -

I remember you from my FOS cruise on 12/11/11 - a very helpful and friendly person. I feel just awful for both you and the OP. RCI (or the TA) really, and I mean REALLY messed up here. I sincerely hope they come up with a solution that is acceptable to both of you. Good luck!

Aww...thanks sweetie!! You make me blush!!

And yes I very much enjoyed your company and hope to sail with you again soon!! :)

I also remember you from our cruise on Freedom. If I had any type of question, you were usually the first to respond. You were always very helpful. Good luck to both parties involved.

Wow!! You are too kind. Thanks to you also for your kind words....the tears are welling

up again.

Thanks...I was reading this back to my DH with tears in my eyes. I appreciate your

post, that was very sweet.

Island lady, I feel very bad for you. The cruiseline has put you in a very awkward position. They really need to get their act together.

I hope the cruiseline will realize that they made a huge mistake and make this right for both you and Nancy.

Island lady, I feel very bad for you. The cruiseline has put you in a very awkward position. They really need to get their act together.

I hope the cruiseline will realize that they made a huge mistake and make this right for both you and Nancy.

Thanks! Though I don't know if it was RCI or the TA? I booked direct online with RCI.

Thanks! Though I don't know if it was RCI or the TA? I booked direct online with RCI.

After the mess the cruiseline made with the renumbering of the cabins on Rhapsody and all the people who lost their corner aft balconies, my bet is on the cruiseline. One of those people were offered a bottle of wine to fix things.:rolleyes:

I feel really bad for both the OP and PP for the situation that they find themselves in (through neithers fault). I think RCCI should step up and resolve this and show that they care about customer relations.

Im sure it was the TA that messed up, I have been on manny RCI cruises and have never had issues when booked directly with RCI via there website or over the phone (web is more reliable as no chance of person hearing the wrong thing), however I have had issues like this getting the wrong room or room getting changed with out me oking it when booked via a TA (DW likes to work deals and the TA's will offer OBC that we can combine with our stock OBC, and in thoes cases its our risk) to the folks booking B2B you should tell your TA to make it right and that is the TA can pay for a higher class room to allow you to stay in it B2B and not bother the OP as she offered to change for an upgrade (more then she needed to do as I would have said a flat out NO) also you should have your TA send flowers to the OP as a applogy for making her feel bad, we all work hard for our time off and should not start a cruise out feeling like we did anything wrong

Please let us knows what happens. This is better than a soap opera. ;)

I do hope you all get some answers.

I was thinking the same thing. The only thing missing from this mystery is the dinner at Portofino's.

My money rests with the TA messing up and the mistake not being caught by the original booker in a timely fashion. Enter 2nd booker. When mistake caught by original booker, and the TA notified, TA calls RCI rep to try and fix the screw-up. Oops, someone else has the cabin.

RCI calls 2nd booker and tries to finesse a change. If 2nd booker agrees, RCI and TA are hero's and no one is much the wiser. If request for changes goes down in flames, back to square one, make people as happy as possible for as little cash, perks, upgrades as possible. Now enters this thread with opinions galore, add a dash of CC intrigue, finger pointing, he said she said, we did they did, upstairs or downstairs, tom-A-to or tom-ah-to, what to do?

I think they should put you both into the Royal Suite, together. It's a big place and then they (we) can all just get along ;). Add one night at the captain's table for everyone too. I say "we" because this whole situation will be talked about for some time. It may even come up during the cruise. I'm not booked on this cruise yet, but now you never know :).

What a horrible situation for all involved. As it isn't the fault of the cruisers, I think that RCI or the TA should bite the bullet and deal with the situation. Obviously something has gone wrong from their end, and it is their responsibility.

If Island was willing to move for an upgrade, that's more then fair enough in my opinion. They are willing to help another cruiser out, even before knowing of the mistake. I don't see why RCI won't upgrade their cabin - unless they too are sold out.

Maybe someone needs to ring RCI and ask them to sort it out. Surely if there is enough pressure applied, RCI will come up with something.

Im sure it was the TA that messed up, I have been on manny RCI cruises and have never had issues when booked directly with RCI via there website or over the phone (web is more reliable as no chance of person hearing the wrong thing), however I have had issues like this getting the wrong room or room getting changed with out me oking it when booked via a TA (DW likes to work deals and the TA's will offer OBC that we can combine with our stock OBC, and in thoes cases its our risk) to the folks booking B2B you should tell your TA to make it right and that is the TA can pay for a higher class room to allow you to stay in it B2B and not bother the OP as she offered to change for an upgrade (more then she needed to do as I would have said a flat out NO) also you should have your TA send flowers to the OP as a applogy for making her feel bad, we all work hard for our time off and should not start a cruise out feeling like we did anything wrong

You are correct me thinks.

I never use TA's unless I have to..........too much at stake

Thanks also to you for your very kind words. They are appreciated. No flowers needed,

though. ;) I hope it works out for Nancy also.

Archived