Wow...that was wierd....

I HAVE heard similar stories before, and they are now increasing in frequency. IMO, this is RCI's fault. As critterchick noted, it is happening on many Rhapsody sailings, as they add cabins on Deck 8 and renumber them. The other scenario is when the original occupant is upgraded, even though they have chosen the "no upgrade" option on their preference page. I am personally aware of two incidents since September, so there must be more.

I feel very sorry for the person who was ultimately upgraded to a GS (congratulations, by the way), because they did no wrong. But the original person to book that cabin should have the priority. Otherwise, RCI could conceivably take your coveted cabin away at any time.

Oh, wait --:eek:

Kudos to you for working this difficult situation out so amicably. Too bad it wasn't an OS! But DO take advantage of all the perks the upgrade has to offer- not just the CL and Chops breakfast as mentioned- there are a multitude of things that are included in the upper level suite levels. We always book suites for those extras, not necessarily just the bigger room. Enjoy the cruise!

Wow. Thriller. Could not put it down until I knew how it ended. :D

As alluded to in the post about how it was resolved it might indeed have been the RCI Cruise Critic monitors passing the info along to the "right people". Obvsiously someone with more experience than the original CSR got involved somewhere along the line. If there was not further communication between the affected (afflicted?) parties and RCI (or the TA since this seems to have been a 3-way situation) then something served to prod RCI to action. Many have speculated the level to which posts in this forum affect RCI actions and this might be good indication that can happen.

And I believe you would be guessing right. ;)

Ok....just got a call from RCI (which I am guessing is due to this thread. ;) ).

At first offered OBC...."Now lets face it. What good would that do for me, I asked

him"?. 5 night cruise, is what I would really call a 4 day. My sea pass bill on most

cruises is almost non-exist. What would I spend the money on? I get free drinks

in the DE, free internet, free photos, and my liquor cabinet at home is still full from

other duty free shopping events. All excursions I book online ahead of time, which goes

on the credit card ahead of time. This OBC would disolve into thin air once I disembark.

Though I really did not want to do it, (as my heart was not in it), I re-interated my

offer of accepting an upgrade. He finally agreed, and now that is the final outcome.

I am now moved to a GS, and hope this will make Nancy happy, as I am sure it should.

Though I asked the RCI rep, it was never admitted to me who messed up her booking...the TA..or RCI.

But I was assured several times that it was not me, and I had done everything

right on my booking.

Maybe someday I will finally get to experience that cabin...sigh.... :(

I will still enjoy my cruise! :)

ok so i am glad you got it worked out yet I feel that you got the raw end of the stick and the B2B person got there way, and thats fine but Im upset they have not come on and posted a thank you to you for giving up the room. As for who is at fault it still say TA, RCI prob gave in due to the CC post and the cost wasnt worth the bad PR to them. again its messed up there is no thank you from the B2B folks

enjoy your cruise

To Island Lady - following this post and was waiting to see how it would all turn out - just wanted to say you should feel really wonderful - you did a very nice thing - and I hope you enjoy your GS!

Thanks! :)

i have heard similar stories before, and they are now increasing in frequency. Imo, this is rci's fault.

Otherwise, rci could conceivably take your coveted cabin away at any time.

Oh, wait --:eek:

Well, at least they did ask...;) :eek:

Kudos to you for working this difficult situation out so amicably. Too bad it wasn't an OS! But DO take advantage of all the perks the upgrade has to offer- not just the CL and Chops breakfast as mentioned- there are a multitude of things that are included in the upper level suite levels. We always book suites for those extras, not necessarily just the bigger room. Enjoy the cruise!

Yes, we enjoyed our GS cabins in the past.

Location and balcony size is actually more important to us now. The DH is bummed out

he is losing that big open sweeping balcony (he is a sun lizard ;) ) but someday we will score that cabin again in the future.

We will still have a great cruise! :)

Great!! Would love to have you aboard...but I think I can say that cabin 1100 is

is a bit booked up already! :)

You are too funny!:D

I hope to sail with you some day!:p

I will buy the first round of drinks in the concierge lounge!;)

BTW, welcome to Diamond Plus!! You will love it.

John

You are too funny!:D

I hope to sail with you some day!:p

I will buy the first round of drinks in the concierge lounge!;)

BTW, welcome to Diamond Plus!! You will love it.

John

Thanks!! Looking forward to cruising with you in the future also!

Make mine a Gin and Tonic...thanks!! ;)

I have had a GS twice before. They are nice, but still hoping to someday get to see and stay in that beautiful JS wrap. ;)

I'd take a GS over 1100 any day. And I've been in both. Well done! :)

RCI should have had the plan in place to do this during the first call - back up plan in case you didn't want to give up 1100 for a lateral move (who would?) :confused:. I wonder if the people in 1602 for the other leg on Nancy's B2B were called and asked to move to 1100 so Nancy wouldn't have to move - if moving was really the issue. :rolleyes:

Gina

Pat, you are so gracious! (I would not have been.) You did nothing wrong and yet you gave up your special cabin to the other couple.

As I followed along on this thread my heart just went out to you. You are so kind and caring. Such a lovely person. I feel like you got the short end of the stick on this one. It just goes to prove what a classy lady you are.

I hope the other couple recognizes what a truly remarkable thing you did and orders some lovely gifts to be sent to you cabin. They truly owe you a lot.

RCI should have had the plan in place to do this during the first call - back up plan in case you didn't want to give up 1100 for a lateral move (who would?) :confused:. I wonder if the people in 1602 for the other leg on Nancy's B2B were called and asked to move to 1100 so Nancy wouldn't have to move - if moving was really the issue. :rolleyes:

Gina

Not sure...guess we will never know.

Pat, you are so gracious! (I would not have been.) You did nothing wrong and yet you gave up your special cabin to the other couple.

As I followed along on this thread my heart just went out to you. You are so kind and caring. Such a lovely person. I feel like you got the short end of the stick on this one. It just goes to prove what a classy lady you are.

I hope the other couple recognizes what a truly remarkable thing you did and orders some lovely gifts to be sent to you cabin. They truly owe you a lot.

Awww...thanks Nancy...(and there goes the tears welling up in my eyes again...need

more kleenex!! ;) )..

Looking forward to our next cruise together again...as I also call you a classy lady!! :)

Wow! Very absorbing read. So glad this was resolved. Congrats to both parties.

Note to self: Go print out your confirmations.

Very good advice. I always do that as soon as I book, plus put booking in my

documents file. Always a good idea to check your bookings on the RCI website "my cruises"

page often too.

Don't worry, the GS balcony is nice too. Don't forget about the perks on Labadee or Coco Cay, either.

Thanks, we love both of those ports too, but on this cruise we head to Cozumel and

Grand Cayman. We were in a GS two different times on a Labadee visit.

Since this was only resolved less than 2 hours ago the B2Bers may be at work and not have had the chance to respond yet.

Glad it all worked out for all parties involved. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!! And hoping for you to get 1100 on your very next cruise Island Lady! :)

Archived