Wow...that was wierd....

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the TA. Nancy posted this (quote below) yesterday, and if she has RCI confirmations for a deposit on #1100 last year, then she is certainly entitled to keep her B2B in this same stateroom. And the TA would not be at fault. It is a "raw deal" for island lady to have to go through the heartbreak of having this coveted stateroom taken away, as well as the other party's distress over the sudden switch.

It is very strange how this issue came about, as the original deposit was made about eight months prior to island lady being able to book it in January. Nancy just discovered this past weekend that she now had #1602 for one of the weeks. I hope to see Nancy back here to share whatever she learned from her TA. Don't be upset if she is currently at work and isn't aware of the result posted by island lady yet...

Thanks for this post. I was indeed at work today, and then went to see my brother at the hospital as he had major surgery yesterday morning. I'm not sure why I have to explain that to some, but apparently I do. :)

Just to clarify a few points that some seem to misunderstand. I booked that cabin DIRECTLY with a RCCL rep, and then transferred it to my TA. I had a PRINTED out confirmation, for BOTH weeks, DATED 5-18-11, that SHOWED 1100. This isn't my first rodeo, lol.

It was MY fault that I never checked my cruises account online at RCCL. Why should I have to? I had the paper work showing everything I needed, and as far as I knew, I was good to go. It wasn't until this past weekend that I logged onto that account, and saw they had moved me. I contacted my TA first thing Monday morning, and he started the ball rolling (as I knew he would. I like my TA, that's why I use him. :rolleyes:)

RCCL asked me if I would like to move to 1602 for 2 weeks. Um, no. There's a reason I book my cruises out as far as I do, and that's so I can get the cabin I want and for BOTH weeks if I book a B2B. I told them I wasn't interested in an upgrade, an OBC or anything else they had to offer. ALL I wanted was the cabin I booked, paid my deposit on, and had the paperwork in hand showing that I was booked in that particular cabin on that particular date. I wasn't budging on what I was asking for, I booked it and had the proof to show it.

How this happened, I guess we'll never know. I'm confident my TA didn't make the mistake, after all, I had the paper work showing what I booked. As a side note, I think there are some people who don't understand what early bookings represent. IF I had been booted out of that cabin, it was too late for me to go find another cruise, with another coveted cabin, for the price I paid for when that booking opened. That's why I ALWAYS book my cruises when they open the bookings, because I want a particular cabin for the lower price.

I'm sorry the OP had to go through this, and no, I don't think it's fair that this happened to her. I'd feel just as awful to book a cabin only to find out this could happen. But in this instance, I did everything right, and it went awry for both of us. Something definitely went terribly wrong, and you can bet I'll be checking my cruises account online much more often. Yes, I stood firm with my TA the last 2 days, but I did nothing wrong either.

Nancy

Thanks for this post. I was indeed at work today, and then went to see my brother at the hospital as he had major surgery yesterday morning. I'm not sure why I have to explain that to some, but apparently I do. :)

Just to clarify a few points that some seem to misunderstand. I booked that cabin DIRECTLY with a RCCL rep, and then transferred it to my TA. I had a PRINTED out confirmation, for BOTH weeks, DATED 5-18-11, that SHOWED 1100. This isn't my first rodeo, lol.

It was MY fault that I never checked my cruises account online at RCCL. Why should I have to? I had the paper work showing everything I needed, and as far as I knew, I was good to go. It wasn't until this past weekend that I logged onto that account, and saw they had moved me. I contacted my TA first thing Monday morning, and he started the ball rolling (as I knew he would. I like my TA, that's why I use him. :rolleyes:)

RCCL asked me if I would like to move to 1602 for 2 weeks. Um, no. There's a reason I book my cruises out as far as I do, and that's so I can get the cabin I want and for BOTH weeks if I book a B2B. I told them I wasn't interested in an upgrade, an OBC or anything else they had to offer. ALL I wanted was the cabin I booked, paid my deposit on, and had the paperwork in hand showing that I was booked in that particular cabin on that particular date. I wasn't budging on what I was asking for, I booked it and had the proof to show it.

How this happened, I guess we'll never know. I'm confident my TA didn't make the mistake, after all, I had the paper work showing what I booked. As a side note, I think there are some people who don't understand what early bookings represent. IF I had been booted out of that cabin, it was too late for me to go find another cruise, with another coveted cabin, for the price I paid for when that booking opened. That's why I ALWAYS book my cruises when they open the bookings, because I want a particular cabin for the lower price.

I'm sorry the OP had to go through this, and no, I don't think it's fair that this happened to her. I'd feel just as awful to book a cabin only to find out this could happen. But in this instance, I did everything right, and it went awry for both of us. Something definitely went terribly wrong, and you can bet I'll be checking my cruises account online much more often. Yes, I stood firm with my TA the last 2 days, but I did nothing wrong either.

Nancy

No you didn't and either did the OP. It was a screw up by RCI. I too would have stood my ground if I were you. Technically it was your cabin. You booked it first and had the documentation to show it. Glad that it was straightened out for all. I can feel for the OP but it would not have been fair to not let you have your cabin back.

Glad you got it all straightened out. I agree w/Beachchick- the cabin was Nancy's, fair and square, booked over 10 months ago. RCI screwed up and most unfortunately...Island Lady was caught in the cross hairs. My thought is they probably could have just moved her since Nancy had confirmation, but they gave her a GS. So Island Lady, you now have another reason to book that aft cabin:D

Scroll up and check out the pics of the balcony. (Thanks to that poster! :) ). I am a favorite fan of 9256, which

is directly under this cabin (and I happily have for my Alaska cruise). 1100 has an even more impressive balcony and location. Oh well....someday... :(

Sorry if I made you sad, just wanted answer the person wanting to know what the fuss was about. :o

You'll get 1100 one day and when you do, grab that b2b!

Pat, you are so gracious! (I would not have been.) You did nothing wrong and yet you gave up your special cabin to the other couple.

As I followed along on this thread my heart just went out to you. You are so kind and caring. Such a lovely person. I feel like you got the short end of the stick on this one. It just goes to prove what a classy lady you are.

I hope the other couple recognizes what a truly remarkable thing you did and orders some lovely gifts to be sent to you cabin. They truly owe you a lot.

Really? Neither party was to blame for the fiasco. Why should Mike and Nancy send gifts or 'owe' anyone anything?

Sorry if I made you sad, just wanted answer the person wanting to know what the fuss was about. :o

You'll get 1100 one day and when you do, grab that b2b!

Gosh no...you did not make me sad. I will get that cabin someday. As long as I am

on the ship....I am a happy cruiser. :)

As a final note:

Thank you to everyone who voiced their support. I do appreciate your votes of

confidence, and all the kind words. It was very sweet of every one of you.

And I thank you for that. :) I hope to enjoy a cruise with everyone of you in the

future.

As I was told by RCI that I was not to blame, and they told me I had the right to that cabin, I still felt it was the one

thing I could do to help out a fellow CC member by giving it up. I was simply the one caught in the middle of something I never created.

Yup! I was bumped from aft/corner cabin 7688 on Explorer of the Seas. :( ...and they (RCCL) didn't even call me and ask (or tell) me before they did it. I found out when I printed out my "set sail pass" and the new cabin number was on it! I was very disappointed....for a while....then I just sucked it up and enjoyed my cruise :D No on board credit, no Grand Suite, just a regular old balcony! But once I stepped foot on the ship, I did not think twice about what COULD have been! Nor will Island Lady! Both she and B2B are going to have a BLAST on their cruise, in their prospective cabins! ;) All's well that ends well!

Even though I'm sure this happened some time ago c'mon RC how about a little OBC for Bonnie on her next cruise!

Umm...mute point...

I DID relocate myself to accomodate Nancy.

1. Reserved directly online with RCI website (as anyone could since it was listed)

2. Had confirmation from RCI printed out, and still showed today that I was in that cabin

on "my cruises" account as a confirmation.

3. RCI rep (obviously a little higher up the ladder) called me today to tell me I did no wrong, that I had booked correctly, and had it within my rights to keep that cabin if I wished.

4. I offered to give it up...which I did.

5. Why would I take 1602 over what I had booked. Is not this the whole problem because

Nancy did not want that cabin?

6. Notice the pictures posted. Now that is one beautiful cabin. I will enjoy it ...someday.

sigh.... just not yet. :(

It's only a moot point in this particular situation. There are people who booked corner aft cabins on Rhapsody who lost them because of renumbering and the people who took them (because they were showing as available, no fault-finding of them) won't give them up. I don't understand how RCI's idea of "right" is to let the second person booking keep the cabin. They should have gone back and corrected their mistake. That's an ongoing battle for at least a couple of posters. Lord only knows how many people will show up at the pier and discover that their aft cabins aren't. What kind of customer service is that?

And to number 5, no. The whole problem is because RCI messed up and took Nancy's cabin away from her for reasons known only to them, or perhaps the gremlins in their computers, not that she wants it back. I don't see how you can fault her for wanting it back, which I am inferring from your post.

Nancy, I'm glad you got the cabin back. Now I'm going to check my bookings....:eek:

It's only a moot point in this particular situation. There are people who booked corner aft cabins on Rhapsody who lost them because of renumbering and the people who took them (because they were showing as available, no fault-finding of them) won't give them up. I don't understand how RCI's idea of "right" is to let the second person booking keep the cabin. They should have gone back and corrected their mistake. That's an ongoing battle for at least a couple of posters. Lord only knows how many people will show up at the pier and discover that their aft cabins aren't. What kind of customer service is that?

And to number 5, no. The whole problem is because RCI messed up and took Nancy's cabin away from her for reasons known only to them, or perhaps the gremlins in their computers, not that she wants it back. I don't see how you can fault her for wanting it back, which I am inferring from your post.

Nancy, I'm glad you got the cabin back. Now I'm going to check my bookings....:eek:

Ok...I am done with this. I did what I thought was right, though I was told I did not have to.

What part of my giving up this cabin do you not understand? It is a done deal. I am the one that offered and gave that up.

Why are you so interesting in faulting me? She was caught in the middle

as I was. You were the one that said 1602 was such a superior cabin. Really? This is finished.

I am sorry you are so bitter, but I did not cause your problems or the one I was thrown into due to no fault of my own.

And neither was Nancy.

Enjoy your cruise.

No you didn't and either did the OP. It was a screw up by RCI. I too would have stood my ground if I were you. Technically it was your cabin. You booked it first and had the documentation to show it. Glad that it was straightened out for all. I can feel for the OP but it would not have been fair to not let you have your cabin back.

Thanks, I'm glad it's all straightened out too. It's been a stressful 3 days. I feel for the OP as well, but I don't think it was fair for them to take away something that was mine to begin with. There wasn't an upgrade or enough OBC in the world to make me switch and then have to deal with moving.

Glad you got it all straightened out. I agree w/Beachchick- the cabin was Nancy's, fair and square, booked over 10 months ago. RCI screwed up and most unfortunately...Island Lady was caught in the cross hairs. My thought is they probably could have just moved her since Nancy had confirmation, but they gave her a GS. So Island Lady, you now have another reason to book that aft cabin:D

Unfortunately, she was caught in the middle. GS are pretty nice though, and if I was only sailing for the 1 week, I would've taken an upgrade in a minute.

Thanks, Jean. Everybody needs to go check their bookings. You can bet I'll be doing this more regularly in the future. ;)

Nancy

For future reference: just keep checking for that cabin if there is a cruise date you're interested in. I've have seen 1100 come up at a later date more than a few times. One time, I even booked it, then decided I really didn't want to be aft :eek:

So it's not over if you don't book it first thing.

Ok...I am done with this. I did what I thought was right, though I was told I did not have

to.

I am sorry you are so bitter, but I did not cause your problems or the one I was thrown into due to no fault of my own.

Enjoy your cruise.

I'm not bitter. I have the cabins that I booked, but I feel badly for the people who lost theirs. I'm critical of RCI's process. You will recall that I did say that I thought you were a class act for giving up the cabin, so wasn't not being critical of you, either. You did do the right thing IMO. Peace?

Ok...I am done with this. I did what I thought was right, though I was told I did not have to.

What part of my giving up this cabin do you not understand? It is a done deal. I am the one that offered and gave that up.

Why are you so interesting in faulting me? Please reread my posts. At NO TIME did I fault her. She was caught in the middle

as I was. You were the one that said 1602 was such a superior cabin. Really? This is finished.

And neither was Nancy.

Enjoy your cruise.

No, you didn't, and neither did Nancy. I imagine, if the shoe were on the other foot, you might feel the same way she did. She has told us, twice now, that she went thought the same procedure you did, only she did it ten months prior to you. IMO, that does count for something.

Just because someone disagrees with you, does not make them bitter.

I'm not bitter. I have the cabins that I booked, but I feel badly for the people who lost theirs. I'm critical of RCI's process. You will recall that I did say that I thought you were a class act for giving up the cabin, so wasn't not being critical of you, either. You did do the right thing IMO. Peace?

Peace? Yes...for sure!! :)

And I hope I also get the pleasure of cruising with you in the future also. As much as

I noticed how much you cared for Nancy's welfare. Well gosh...so did I!

So I guess we are on the same page. ;)

No, you didn't, and neither did Nancy. I imagine, if the shoe were on the other foot, you might feel the same way she did. She has told us, twice now, that she went thought the same procedure you did, only she did it ten months prior to you. IMO, that does count for something.

Please see previous post. And realize I did not cause this situation. What would you

have done in my case? Once again...I am the one that volunteered to give up the cabin.

Why are you so interesting in faulting me? She was caught in the middle

And neither was Nancy.

Enjoy your cruise.

I see you edited your post after I replied. At no time did I fault you, nor did I say that 1602 was "so superior." It's a very nice cabin.

That I can agree with. :)

I noticed how much you cared for Nancy's welfare. Well gosh...so did I!

You certainly did.......you could be the type who could drag this on and on and demand 1100..........You took the high road and made peace......for that,I am proud of you,Pat! But then,anyone who knows you,knows that is the kind of person you are..:)

You certainly did.......you could be the type who could drag this on and on and demand 1100..........You took the high road and made peace......for that,I am proud of you,Pat! But then,anyone who knows you,knows that is the kind of person you are..:)

Aww...thanks Kathy. And coming from you, that does say a lot. I was just trying

to do the right thing, though this mess was never any fault of my own.

Thanks sweetie. :)

You made my night, as did many of my friends that are always there for me.

Good night to all my friends and happy crusing till we meet again soon!

And the rep was wrong - they absolutely could have moved you out of that cabin - Bonnie Voyager reported being bumped out of her coveted corner aft (and E-1 on a Voyager class) to a D on the side. An "upgrade" that she didn't want, but they needed the cabin for a party of 3.

Yup! I was bumped from aft/corner cabin 7688 on Explorer of the Seas. :( ...and they (RCCL) didn't even call me and ask (or tell) me before they did it.

Just a little FYI~~ cabin 1100 can also hold 3 and even 4.........sooo,you never know what can still happen.:eek: Nancy better just keep watching her online checkin!

Island Lady, your thread was so interesting they're even talking about it on the Celebrity forum!

I am happy it all worked out well. We've had both corner aft and GS, and I have to say it's a wash. Loved tons of things about each, and each has definite strong points. I think you'll have a lovely cruise because you did a lovely thing. Goodness counts in this world. :)

Island Lady you are a class act, I'm sure you will have a great cruise. Good things come to Good People. If I were you I'd be sure to go to the casino or play a lot of bingo on this cruise. I think more good things will come your way.

Archived