Is Ken Rush almost always the Allure CD?

I had Ken Rush on the Navigator back in 2004 which was my very first cruise. I believe the Navigator was one of the newest ships at that time hence Rush must have been on it. I thought he was fine but at age 18 was too young to really know anything about it. After my second and more recent cruise, which featured John Blair who I thought was good, I think I have more of an appreciation for CD's. Having said that I was looking forward to Ken Rush even though some people don't like him, but obviously would be fine to have Brooks or Spacey this time.

Anyone know when Ken Rush started this current rotation on the Allure? Is there a way to contact RCCL to find out who the CD will be?

Just send RCCL an email and they will tell you who your CD is scheduled to be.

I just had my first ever cruise (2/26 - 3/4)which was on the Allure with Ken Rush. Obviously I cannot compare to any other CDs, but I thought Ken was great, especially for the "newlywed" game (it was called something else but I cannot remember). I have zero complaints of Ken Rush, he and his staff were amazing! I cannot wait to take another cruise with Royal Caribbean!

Ok, two things to add to this discussion: (never sailed before, don't know any of the CDs, and don't know who will be on my upcoming 1st time cruise)

1) Where the heck do you go for a vacation when you work on some of the most amazing cruise ships in the world?

and 2) If you could sit down over coffee with a cruiseline exec, what would you tell him or her about CDs? Like what qualities they should have, what you like and don't like to see them do, etc.

Wow...glad I'm not related to any of the CDs you all don't like. Tough crowd!

I thought about that when typing my response. I don't want to criticize anyone's hard work, that's for sure! On the other hand, there are some people more talented than other's at the jobs they do.

It was obvious to everyone in my family who had cruised before that Ken Rush just wasn't as entertaining as other CD's we've had. This didn't matter most of the time, but there were a few obvious differences during the "big" shows like Love and Marriage and Quest.

Boo hoo. I've never sailed on the original three voyager ships (voyager, adventure, explorer) Didn't think I'd like the balcony's lack of glass.

But the better half wants to go to Bermuda, and Spacey rocks... guess I should start pricing.

I'm always seeing posts about problems on explorer though. i always ignored because I never saw myself flying to NYC to take a cruise across the gulf stream to Bermuda...

Old ship, rough seas, colder weather, but Richard will at least make me look it up.

Royal Caribbean.com here I come.

Explorer is a nice ship but yeah, she's not new and was definitely showing her age the two times I was on her... Although, recent reports on CC seem to indicate that the sewage smell problems may be behind her? I dunno! If they really did manage to fix the sewage smell issue I'd go back on her if the price was right.

Archived