Age of Kids to Have Own Room?

summer_girl

Is there an actual "age" that kids have to be for you to book them a room of their own? For example if you were taking two 12 year olds and you wanted to book a balcony for you and your husband and book the two 12 year olds beside or across the hall, can you do that?

I am not in this situation right now, but I hear about people doing this sort of thing and wondered what the actual rules are???

There actually are rules..

Passenger Age

Policy Details

18- 20 years of age

Can book a cabin anywhere on the ship as long as the parents, grandparents or legal guardians are on same sailing. Everyone in that minor age cabin needs to be 18-20 years of age.

13 – 17 years of age

Can have their own cabin as long as it is located within 3 staterooms (this is the maximum number of staterooms allowed) from their parents, grandparents or legal guardian.

12 years and under

Must be booked in parents’ cabin, no exceptions.

Note:

It is mandatory that all minor age bookings be cross referenced with the parents’, grandparents’ or legal guardian’s booking.

Carnival will document all bookings on their side as well.

You book the cabins with one adult and one child in each individual cabin. Then when you get to the cabin you all can make whatever sleeping arrangments you want. People do it all the time. No one cares about .:D

6 years old is a little young to have her own room don't ya think........even if it is adjoining :o

Not as long as it is adjoining.. Why would that be too young? I would hope she has her own room at home!:p Maybe more $$ than a lot of us would spend though..

When we were on the Dream last summer, we ran into people who live in our neighborhood, they have 3 children-16,14,12. She told me they had to book one parent in one cabin one parent in the other cabin, and once they were onboard they had to go to guest services and have mom and dad in one cabin and the kids in their own cabin. We have thought of doing this too, since our boys will be 16 and 13 and this cruise, but not sure since we don't even let them ride their bikes around the block!

When we were on the Dream last summer, we ran into people who live in our neighborhood, they have 3 children-16,14,12. She told me they had to book one parent in one cabin one parent in the other cabin, and once they were onboard they had to go to guest services and have mom and dad in one cabin and the kids in their own cabin. We have thought of doing this too, since our boys will be 16 and 13 and this cruise, but not sure since we don't even let them ride their bikes around the block!

My daughter sneaked out of the cabin one night to meet up with friends so if this happened and I was in the same cabin then no way did I ever let her have her own cabin. By the way, I was more alert on future cruises :).

Two 12 year olds can definately have a room across or within a few doors down from parents (we have done this many times). I'm not sure why some people will always tell people they 'must' have adult in room....switch onboard...this does not have to be done. While switching rooms once on the ship and getting another key is something you can do, I don't understand all that mixing around when you don't have to:eek:

Two 12 year olds can definately have a room across or within a few doors down from parents (we have done this many times). I'm not sure why some people will always tell people they 'must' have adult in room....switch onboard...this does not have to be done. While switching rooms once on the ship and getting another key is something you can do, I don't understand all that mixing around when you don't have to:eek:

You do have to do it when booking Guarantee. If you pick the cabins, then you don't have to.

A lot of TA's out there, unfamiliar with the product who don't really know the rules as well.

CCL will NOT let you book children in their own cabin. They might if it's connecting (we've never tried connecting, but we did try with 2 OVs and they would NOT book it unless DH was in 1 cabin and I was in the other). Fire posted CCLs's rules...see above.

When we first cruised, we booked a parent in each room. Then changed up the sleeping arrangements once on board. At the time DS was 11 and DD was 13. We trust our kids a lot and they know if they create a problem (for anyone) one of us trades rooms. The past few cruises they each cruised with 3 friends. They are allowed to go out at night and hang out with people they met on the cruise, just not do anything crazy or us wake them up the next morning and find them strung out next to the toilet.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Not as long as it is adjoining.. Why would that be too young? I would hope she has her own room at home!:p Maybe more $$ than a lot of us would spend though..

There are adjoining cabins and connecting cabins. Adjoining cabins share a wall, connecting cabins have an interior door.

Found this on the CCL website and I guess I was wrong and was given wrong info...may have been my TA and not CCL...can't remember.

How old do you have to be to travel alone? (Traveling with minors)

Carnival's policy regarding guests traveling alone or traveling with minors:

Guests are required to be 21 years old (on embarkation day) to travel. Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

Guests Under the Age of 21 Traveling with Parents / Grandparents

Guests under the age of 13

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, only if booked next door or directly across the hall from the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors 13 and under may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents"; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

• Minors can be booked in separate staterooms, by up to 3 staterooms in between the minor stateroom and the Parents/Grandparents stateroom.

Note: Minors age 13 may only be booked in a balcony stateroom with the Parents/Grandparents; this also applies to connecting staterooms.

Guests 18 years of age and older

• Minors are 18 and older not required to be booked within close proximity nor on the same deck as the Parents/Grandparents. However, we will place you as close together as possible.

Guests Under the Age of 21 NOT Traveling with Parents / Grandparents

The minor must travel with a guardian 25 years of age or older in the same stateroom. The exceptions Carnival will make to this policy are:

• Legally married couples and same gender union couples less than 21 years of age must provide Carnival with legal proof of marriage/civil union at least two weeks prior to sailing.

• Documentation can be e-mailed to individualsailingsupport@carnival.com or faxed to 305-406-6479.

• For those guests whose marriage/civil union will not take place until closer to the sailing date, they must bring proof of their marriage/civil union to embarkation. Failure to do so will result in denied boarding and no refund.

• Documentation: marriage license issued by the County Clerk’s Office; legal proof of civil union; for newly married couples: a copy of the marriage license application signed by the official that performed the ceremony.

Infants must be at least six months old (twelve months for Transatlantic, Hawaii and South America cruises) to be eligible to travel.

Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will be denied boarding and assessed a 100% cancellation penalty. NO exceptions will be made at embarkation.

Please note that adult guests are responsible for the safety and behavior of their minor guests. Our Camp Carnival®, Circle "C" and Club O2 programs features supervised activities for children 2-17.

Spa Carnival and fitness center: Guests under 12 years of age are not permitted in these facilities. Guests between the ages of 12 and 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.

All guests 16 years of age or older must provide an official photo I.D. When traveling with a minor and both parents/legal guardians are not cruising, we strongly recommend bringing an original signed letter from the absent parent/legal guardian authorizing the minor to travel with you. This will expedite processing by the Department of Homeland Security. Please note that a notarized letter to this effect is required if debarking with children in Mexico.

Air Travel / Hotel Stay - Guests under the age of 21, staying at any hotel in conjunction with Carnival’s Fly Aweigh® program, may be required to be accompanied by a guest 21 years or older in the same room as per each hotel’s policy. Permission for minor guests to fly unaccompanied is determined by the airlines as per each airline’s policy. We suggest you check with your scheduled airline for their requirements. Carnival assumes no responsibility for guests under the age of 21 traveling unaccompanied by air.

There are adjoining cabins and connecting cabins. Adjoining cabins share a wall, connecting cabins have an interior door.

Ahh yes! NO, I can't imagine putting a 6yo in a cabin that wasn't CONNECTING, which is which is what I was thinking the poster meant. Still hoping that IS what they meant!:)

You book the cabins with one adult and one child in each individual cabin. Then when you get to the cabin you all can make whatever sleeping arrangments you want. People do it all the time. No one cares about .:D

This is something I have done and had no issues at all. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Are we going to have a problem? We are taking my son's friend who will be 16 on the trip and son will be 18. According to the rules anyone under 18 not traveling with a parent or grandparent must be in the same room as the guardian. Are they going to hold us to that? Because the plan was for the boys to be in a room together, while husband, daughter and I in another room. I plan on calling my PVP tomorrow when she's in and confirming with her but wondered if anyone else has had this situation before.

My kids, ages 7 and 8 are booked in their own cabin for our upcoming cruise. There is no parent booked in the cabin, so Carnival will book them without an adult. I'm sure it's because we have the CONNECTING cabin to them. We would never let them have even the cabin next door if we could not have a connecting door that would be open at all times. We plan to have the door open all the time, so basically it's like we have one big cabin with a divider and two bathrooms.

CCL will NOT let you book children in their own cabin. They might if it's connecting (we've never tried connecting, but we did try with 2 OVs and they would NOT book it unless DH was in 1 cabin and I was in the other). Fire posted CCLs's rules...see above.

We booked a balcony for ourselves and the kids across the hall in an inside. I asked about the rule, the agent from Carnival told me that as long as it was across from us it was fine. When traveling on RCI a few years back, we booked an adjoining cabin and had to reserve it as one adult/one child in one and one adult/one child in another, so I was surprised because I thought that they would need one of us to book with them but maybe because my son will be thirteen is why they allow it? IDK, but it sure made my husband happy:D

On Thursday, I booked an OV for DH and me and an IS for my 2 kids (ages 7 and 11) directly across the hall. Another family is going with us and their 2 kids (7 and 11) are staying in the IS with my kids and the parents are in the OV next to us. I specifically asked if a parent needed to be listed on the kids' cabin and I was told no...as long as they were directly across the hall.

Archived