Emergency need advise quickly

esquire20

Hello Everyone, My name is Leslie, and need to make a decision quickly. I was not planning on going to Alaska until 2013, plans to Cancun fell thru, needed to use my vacation time which I already blocked out from 6-29-12 to7-14-2012. Received a flash from Princess, 10 days southbound on the Coral Princess, 2 days in Fairbanks, 1 day in Denali, not the best land, but here is the kicker! $899.00pp! would like to do an extra day in Vancouver and fly out of Seattle and do one day there. Here are my questions. 1) what Hotel in Vancouver not too expensive? 2) what hotel in Seattle? 3) what company to bus me from Vancouver to Seattle? 4) Does a coupon book help me for only 3 land days, with 2 days in Fairbanks? 5) Princess lodge in Fairbanks wants $200.00 for an extra day because my flight gets me in at 12:30am the day that I am supposed to check in with the tour. Is it worth it to give them that kind of money and if not, where to stay in Fairbanks. The emergency is that there is only one cabin left at this price and must leave a deposit tommorrow 3-7-12. Should I do it? or is this all too rushed? any help would be grately appreciated.

I don't think a tour book would help with that short of days especially in Fairbanks.

I've looked at hotel rates in Fairbanks (expensive) and Vancouver (expensive). I'm going to use Hilton Points for Vancouver because of the expense. Skipping Fairbanks.

Not sure if that is helpful but we haven't been yet and this is just information from my own searches.

1) what Hotel in Vancouver not too expensive?

Perhaps you can look into B&B for Vancouver? that what I did because B&B saves me good amount of money vs. hotels.

3) what company to bus me from Vancouver to Seattle?
Maybe take the train?

4) Does a coupon book help me for only 3 land days, with 2 days in Fairbanks?

most likely no.

I live in Fairbanks, and given the dates you will be here I suspect that the $200 extra for the early check-in may not be too high. That is, it may be hard to find something much cheaper during the tourist season.

The Fairbanks Princess is very near the airport. Other hotels near the airport include the Aspen Lodge, Pikes Waterfront, Best Western Chena Ridge and River's Edge Resort. There is also an Extended Stay Suites (I don't think that is the correct name, but it is something like that). Quickly check their respective websites for prices.

Regarding a hotel in Vancouver. We have stayed there twice before and we used priceline and got the Hyatt Hotel right in downtown for $125.00. You have to make sure that you have isolated the section of town that you want. The Hyatt is very close to the cruise terminal also. We were very happy with it. It is also right in downtown and you can walk and walk the streets. Right near Robson St. also.

I examined the itinerary for the tour part and although not the greatest being there is only one night in Denali (not much time to do anything there), for that price I would still jump on it. Seems like a no brainer!

For the price alone I would jump on it. We are paying $749 for a cruise only...

I guess it depends on all of the additional fees... (We got our flights to Seattle on miles & got pretty good sales on our pre & post cruise hotels.) We are taking Amtrak to & from Vancouver - easy & scenic.

Can you just book the cruise??? On interline, Princess is giving away their cruises. Have you priced out a cruise only??? If that is a deal, then make your own plans for a few extra days. Was the Tundra Wilderness tour included??

I stay in the Fairbanks Super 8 which is just fine, not sure if their shuttle runs 24/7, however?

1) what Hotel in Vancouver not too expensive?

At the very cheapest (but still very nice, and downtown), the YWCA Hotel http://www.ywcahotel.com/ Other than that I would priceline bid something in the downtown core 3* should be around $100, 4* around $130

3) what company to bus me from Vancouver to Seattle?

Quickcoach.com operate Vancouver-SEA airport; or Amtrak offer 2x daily trains and some buses as well Vancouver-Seattle King St Station

Archived