Though "Breakaway" and "Getaway" were bad?

I guess im the only person who likes getaway the best it just makes me think about geting away from real life and starting vacation.

I said the same thing on page 1. I guess us New Yorkers are on thinking the same thing and wonder now if that had something to do with the marketing and the name.

Isnt renaming ships something you shouldnt do according to an old superstition? It seems pretty common, but I seem to remember hearing that you shouldnt..

Im not superstitious and Im not saying its right or wrong, Im just curious.:confused:

Maybe it's just me...and the people on the CCL forums ;) To me, it just feels so out of place somehow. I like the NCL Sun but "Sunshine" doesn't sound right.

Count me in...it's not just you, that name is quite childish...or something.

Sunshine is what you name a small boat, NOT a cruise ship.

and I didn't like the names that NCL went with for their new ships either. I saw all the beautiful names that all those thousands of people suggested and rolled my eyes when they made their decision...

Keep that all in mind for when the announce Breakaway's Godmother....and remember: you heard it here first!

Cool...thanks for sharing that :D I love Cruise Critic.

How about Carnival Sunshine? Apparently, Carnival is refurbishing and renaming one of their ships (the Destiny) in 2013. IMO, this is worse than both of the new NCL ship names!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1587686

I know this doesn't actually have anything to do with NCL but after the flak they got for those new names, I just found this too amusing not to share! :D

Better than Carnival's cousin line Costa, their new ship's is a submarine.

I said the same thing on page 1. I guess us New Yorkers are on thinking the same thing and wonder now if that had something to do with the marketing and the name.

I'm a Manhattanite who totally agrees with both of you. I can't wait to breakaway on that big new ship and getaway from my normal. I don't care what NCL names it, we're ready to experience a different ship. I think it'll be a smaller EPIC wih a lot of the EPIC's kinks straightened out; bring it on!;):cool:

Count me in...it's not just you, that name is quite childish...or something.

Sunshine is what you name a small boat, NOT a cruise ship.

I think you hit the nail on the head - that's why it seems wrong to me, too. I'm also curious about the superstitions surrounding renaming a ship. It sounds like something that does not happen very often, if at all, so I wonder what Carnival was thinking. Seems totally unnecessary.

LOL at Runaway and Stowaway :D I can't wait to see what people who write their negative reviews will come up with once they start sailing the new ships. I'm sure they'll get really creative with those.

Archived