email sent from Thomsons re showteam on the Majesty

Hi

Please see below the reply to an email i sent with regards to the shows on board the Majesty:

Dear Mrs Dowd,

Thanks for your email about the majesty Cruise.

I can advise that the following entertainment is on the cruise:

The full spectrum of Thomson entertainment ranging from zumba to poolside quizzes.

Customers can expect the usual high standard of entertainment onboard Thomson Majesty. That said, there we won’t be doing any West End-style shows. Instead they’ll be able to enjoy everything from personality pianists – a bit like Whose Line Is It Anyway on the piano - to cabaret and comedy. There’ll also be a resident troop of close harmony vocalists, the Majesty Singers, who’ll take centre stage with concerto-like performances.

I trust this has clarified the information for you and if you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me. I hope you go on to have a lovely holiday.

Kind regards,

Kirsty Henshaw

Pre Travel Communications

Thomson Holidays

Sue x

Bean counters at work again?

A layer of Entertainment team gone.

10 Entertainers @ say £1200 per month each?

over say 10 months a saving of £120,010

Someone's Bonus has just gone up.

Although I am a Music fan I do keep the OH pleased by going to the Shows :D

b_11065_Engelbert_Humperdink-Please_Release_Me-1994.jpg

06269994-25_1463869a.jpgENGELBERT Humperdinck last night vowed he has it in him to become the oldest person ever to triumph in the Eurovision Song Contest, declaring: "I am going to win it for Britain."

Stevie :rolleyes:

Even more reasons!!! :D

b_11065_Engelbert_Humperdink-Please_Release_Me-1994.jpg

06269994-25_1463869a.jpgENGELBERT Humperdinck last night vowed he has it in him to become the oldest person ever to triumph in the Eurovision Song Contest, declaring: "I am going to win it for Britain."

Stevie :rolleyes:

On the news today, a 76 year old woman from the Urals is taking part.

It seems that possibly the shows have been dropped because the Majesty doesn't have a suitable venue. I still think this change has been imposed on Thomson by Louis who wants the Destiny back for some reason. If Thomson had wanted to change, wouldn't there have been a longer lead in so people already booked wouldn't have needed to be changed over.

Well, let's hope it is just a problem with perhaps a very small stage on the Majesty and not the shape of things to come generally! I for one will not be booking the Majesty without a show team.

I agree. Really hoping that this isn't rolled out across the rest of the fleet. If it was, I may look at cruising with another line, even though I have been loyal to Thomson for nearly ten years now.

It's really dissapointing as Majesty is doing the cruises from Corfu again next year and would love to go on them next summer, especially to do the Adriatic Explorer again. But at the moment, think I would rather choose Dream, Celebration or Spirit.

On the news today, a 76 year old woman from the Urals is taking part.

It seems that possibly the shows have been dropped because the Majesty doesn't have a suitable venue. I still think this change has been imposed on Thomson by Louis who wants the Destiny back for some reason. If Thomson had wanted to change, wouldn't there have been a longer lead in so people already booked wouldn't have needed to be changed over.

I don't think the lack of a suitable venue is a reason for dropping the shows, the Majesty has a venue which is at least equal to Destiny's. I think it's more about trying something new, as the shows tend to repeat themselves. And I very much doubt that thischange has been imposed by Louis, let's be honest, without Thomson Louis would have gone bust years ago. This change has been discussed on this forum since January.

I don't think the lack of a suitable venue is a reason for dropping the shows, the Majesty has a venue which is at least equal to Destiny's. I think it's more about trying something new, as the shows tend to repeat themselves. And I very much doubt that this change has been imposed by Louis, let's be honest, without Thomson Louis would have gone bust years ago. This change has been discussed on this forum since January.
I was going by other posters who have said it doesn't have a proper theatre like that on the Spirit etc.

Been on Spirit once did love the shows but the venue is nothing as compared to the Dream ,which is much like a Theatre. it was a cinema before when Costa

had it

Stevie

Dream has the best of the Thomson theatres with those comforatable sofas on the balcony and a revolving stage.

Dream did have a cinema but apparently it was converted to balcony suites. If you check out those suites their floor level does vary !

I agree that it looks as if the change was more to do with trying new forms of entertainment for the summer season.

I don't think Louis demanded Destiny back as they would be in breach of contract? Crew aboard Destiny knew back in January that her charter would not run its course until 2014. They were probably expecting the change in autumn but Destiny's obvious unsuitability for the Canaries (that buffet) probably prompted Thomson to press Louis for a change for the summer season. Evidence the obvious confusion with brochures etc not being ready.

And the saying 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' comes to mind! What are Thomson thinking?

I have been checking out the Majesty for a while when I read that Thomson might lease it. I loved the Destiny but it has had its day and in most respectes the Majesty is a superior ship. However, all of this is negated by the slashing of the evening shows. The evening shows are one of the most important parts of a Thomson cruise and I now regret booking a cruise on the Destiny to the Canaries in March 2013. I have been to the Thomson website where you can comment on their news announcement. If you want to tell it straight to Thomson here is the web address:

uk/2012/03/06/thomson-cruises-introduces-thomson-majesty-to-its-cruising-holiday-programme/comment-page-1/#comment-855

I have been checking out the Majesty for a while when I read that Thomson might lease it. I loved the Destiny but it has had its day and in most respectes the Majesty is a superior ship. However, all of this is negated by the slashing of the evening shows. The evening shows are one of the most important parts of a Thomson cruise and I now regret booking a cruise on the Destiny to the Canaries in March 2013. I have been to the Thomson website where you can comment on their news announcement. If you want to tell it straight to Thomson here is the web address:

uk/2012/03/06/thomson-cruises-introduces-thomson-majesty-to-its-cruising-holiday-programme/comment-page-1/#comment-855

Was this the link ? ;) A Royal Debut – Thomson Majesty :)

I think this is a good idea - the more direct feedback Thomson get on the issue the better - they were persuaded to back-track on the AI changes a couple of years ago which had striking similarities to the way they've handled this.

I've logged my complaint but found difficulty with your link Red Scorpion - this worked though

http://www.thomson.co.uk/blog/2012/03/thomson-majesty/comment-page-1/

I notice they had to say they will 'get back' about one of the entertainment questions. I reckon they have no idea how to counter this. Again a terrible mis-judgement by someone at the top without any appreciation of the impact imo!

Is there a working Cinema on this tub? the one on Spirit was out of order and I quite fancy a quiet night in a cinema.

Nope!

Methinks thomson might have thrown the baby out with the bathwater!

Not only does it appear that there will be no traditional Thomson shows and a look at the deck plan shows that there is no large second entertainment venue. On another thread it was noted that the Destiny's much loved (by some) dining entertainment, The spice boys and elvis. He sounds just like elvis!, will not fit in with Majestry dining because there are 2 restaurants and open dining does not give a opportunity to pull the waiters from serving so they can perform.

As i mentioned elsewhere, IMO Majesty is more suitable for casual freestyle cruising and would make a good replacement for Island Escape.

That is interesting. I wondered if there was no second large entertainment lounge, when they said there would be game shows in the main showroom. So that reduces the evening entertainment still further, as does the lack of a cinema.

Nope!

Methinks thomson might have thrown the baby out with the bathwater!

Not only does it appear that there will be no traditional Thomson shows and a look at the deck plan shows that there is no large second entertainment venue. On another thread it was noted that the Destiny's much loved (by some) dining entertainment, The spice boys and elvis. He sounds just like elvis!, will not fit in with Majestry dining because there are 2 restaurants and open dining does not give a opportunity to pull the waiters from serving so they can perform.

As i mentioned elsewhere, IMO Majesty is more suitable for casual freestyle cruising and would make a good replacement for Island Escape.

Hurrah ! all clouds have a silver lining :) No Elvis impersonators...thank you God :)

Archived