Florida Resident Last Minute Deals

smc0320

I have been a Florida Resident for 5 weeks now.....and not one phone call offering a last minute deal....what gives? I made sure my AWESOME PVP knows we moved.....but nothing!

WHO has recently been receive any Florida Resident last minute deal and what have the terms been?

I was SO excited to get a phone call.....but nothing!

I wouldn't hold my breath. I lived in FL for 5 years, and then again for 2 years, and not ONCE did I see a Florida Resident Discount.

HOWEVER, we moved to Georgia, and sure enough, we took advantage of a Georgia Resident Discount when we sailed on Royal Caribbean last year.

I think you have a better chance of taking advantage of a resident discount living somewhere ELSE besides Florida!

There were $199 Florida resident rates on 5 day Fascination and Ecstasy this past Dec & Jan which I took advantage of, but no one calls you...

I met some people on the Fascination who got a $169 FL Resident rate a few weeks after I booked on the same cruise.

Just wondering. Did you GRAB it? :)

lol no. I was so overwhelmed with excitement, I actually passed out and by the time I came to, the sale was over.

It turned out to be a bad week timing wise so it was no loss anyway. I was doing that mock booking in the slight hopes everyone could get that time off.

I would have though with 6 booked. That might get me a bucket of beer.

There were $199 Florida resident rates on 5 day Fascination and Ecstasy this past Dec & Jan which I took advantage of, but no one calls you...

I met some people on the Fascination who got a $169 FL Resident rate a few weeks after I booked on the same cruise.

We were with you on the second leg of your Fascination b2b cruise. We got a great FL Resident rate on this cruise, $209.00 pp for an OV cabin (I think it was $169.00 pp for the IS cabin). Of course, we eventually upgraded to a balcony cabin, which made the rate not quite as cheap, but all in all very reasonable for a 5 night cruise.

There was a ga/fl resident rate when I booked mine... But then it dissapeared. I find it so strange as how fast the booking engine changes. We booked an ocean view for $349 pp, and as soon as we did, it shot up about $150:eek:

And that's why Carnival makes the big bucks:rolleyes:

Just as long as I got the room with the view for the price I was willing to pay. ;)

Happy Sails:)

I have been a Florida Resident for 5 weeks now.....and not one phone call offering a last minute deal....what gives? I made sure my AWESOME PVP knows we moved.....but nothing!

WHO has recently been receive any Florida Resident last minute deal and what have the terms been?

I dont know who told you that you would get calls for last minute deals??

A lot of us live near enough a port to get calls, and actually there have been a few last minute .. but usually there are cancellations because of swine flu, hurricanes, and such.

Wait for BAD NEWS and then get on the phone the morning of the cruise and you probably can get a deal.

There was a ga/fl resident rate when I booked mine... But then it dissapeared. I find it so strange as how fast the booking engine changes. We booked an ocean view for $349 pp, and as soon as we did, it shot up about $150:eek:

And that's why Carnival makes the big bucks:rolleyes:

Just as long as I got the room with the view for the price I was willing to pay. ;)

Happy Sails:)

I guess this is a joke since you have the rolling eyes??

CNBC is about to discuss "can carnival turn things around" next up after the commercial. They took down earnings 40% this morning for the rest of the year.

Acccckkk!!!! I forgot you were moving to Florida although I remember you telling me that you guys were moving here! We must all get together at some point in time!!

I have never received any Florida resident last minute deals.

I've been meaning to ask you this... are you on TK? I recognize your SN and didn't know if you are the same person or not. My SO and I have been planning our own wedding and since I am a wedding vendor, I don't post on there but I lurk to read about the ideas/suggestions that people have. I pretty much know what I want since I've been in the industry so long but occasionally, I see some new DIY stuff that excites me! :-)

If you're not who I think you are - disregard me being crazy. :-)

I've been meaning to ask you this... are you on TK? I recognize your SN and didn't know if you are the same person or not. My SO and I have been planning our own wedding and since I am a wedding vendor, I don't post on there but I lurk to read about the ideas/suggestions that people have. I pretty much know what I want since I've been in the industry so long but occasionally, I see some new DIY stuff that excites me! :-)

If you're not who I think you are - disregard me being crazy. :-)

Yup, that's me!

lol no. I was so overwhelmed with excitement, I actually passed out and by the time I came to, the sale was over.

It turned out to be a bad week timing wise so it was no loss anyway. I was doing that mock booking in the slight hopes everyone could get that time off.

I would have though with 6 booked. That might get me a bucket of beer.

Sorry to hear you missed out. I'm sure there will another GREAT deal coming your way..:eek:

i had a great PVP( who is no longer with carnival. I probaly booked 10 so cruise's with multiple cabins per cruise with her .. I did get calls from her for the 4 day sailing out of tampa at very good rates. The were not published and all were about 2 weeks out .. and we took all of them ( maybe 3 0r 4 trips)

The new person who took over has never called and when i mentioned it she said she doesnt get that information to pass on to her guests...

i have not got any "calls" for about a year now

I dont know who told you that you would get calls for last minute deals??

A lot of us live near enough a port to get calls, and actually there have been a few last minute .. but usually there are cancellations because of swine flu, hurricanes, and such.

Wait for BAD NEWS and then get on the phone the morning of the cruise and you probably can get a deal.

So, maybe it's really a myth.....but we've been told by people who said "we got a call 3 days ago from Carnival and all we had to do was pay the taxes, or pay $99" we've heard so many stories......so then I asked my PVP about it and he said ity was true and that's how they sell full because when they have to they call people who can be there....oh well!

Acccckkk!!!! I forgot you were moving to Florida although I remember you telling me that you guys were moving here! We must all get together at some point in time!!

YES, we need to get together!

Archived