WHo has been your cruise directors on celebrity?

Hi:) Lets see, Alan King, Rick Spath, Donnell Davis, Julian (can't remember his last name) but he was on Mercury and Eric ? on Constellaton. (I think it was Eric)

Hi Everyone !

My favorite of the Celebrity CD's was Jim Cannon, but Jim now works for Celebrity, in Management.

Some of My favorite CD's (in no particular order) are : Allan King, Simon Weir, & Don Fluke.

Also on this list.... and a Special "Thank You", to John Howell, who was our most recent CD on Summit 2 weeks ago. He did an outstanding job !

All of Celebrity's CD's do a wonderful job ! They are the VERY best, of all of the Cruise Lines.

Rich Cleason on the Horizon in March was superb.... always smiling, friendly, helpful, and quite funny! :) I understand his mom reads the boards; I hope that she knows that he is a jewel!

John Howell ranks right up there, too, in personality, humor, and charm. :) He has been the CD on two of my sailings.... and he hails from Virginia, too, so I have to love him!:D

Eric Bohus on the Constellation was adequate; however, he did not appear to exude the friendly outgoing style demonstrated by the other CD's mentioned above. I heard that he has left Celebrity to pursue his entertainment career when I sailed in March, and I wish him the best of luck in all of his endeavors!

we've had the pleasure of being on three X cruises with David Cole- including being in Sitka, Alaska on 9/11- quite a challenge. Perhaps because of that very emotional situation we felt a real bond to him and how he handled the challenge. How he managed to find three wonderful leaders of churches onboard the ship of different faiths to do a joint non-denominational service that night in memory of those lost-- it was sad but amazing to see people from all countries and faiths attend. We were as shell-shocked and perhaps frightened as all were- - but he managed to handle the situation. How you pull that together in the last minute- takes talent and caring IMHO.

We don't cruise THAT often so why we've had him three times- just good luck. The last cruise we had with him was Mercury Mexican coast last year and I believe he was going off ship to work in the corporate office. Perhaps he was beginning to believe I was stalking him....at least that was the humor I used. Could that be why he went to corporate???

I think that is a very difficult job in many ways- looks like fun however I think it takes a real talent to pull it off.

My hat's off to David-- we love him and would be thrilled to see him as our CD again but now that he's "gone corporate" don't think we will. Our next cruise is on Princess next month (sorry, time and place) but we're on RCCL in Sep- maybe we'll luck out and find one as good as he was.

On the Infinity, the current CD is Damian DeLorenzis. I was so looking forward to meeting Simon Weir as I have heard so much about him from these boards. Damian is no slouch! Very personable, easy to talk to and extremely likable. He reminded us a bit of Jim Cannon, our favorite CD in personality.

If Damian is a sign of the CD's to come, then Celebrity has the ball rolling for the future!

Anita

On Connie last Sept, we have Derek, on this fourth year as Asst CD & finally got the job as CD. He was a best friend for the whole cruise. The Asst they got him was a dull blade.

Simon & any of the guys from the Weir family are the class act of Celebrity. One off them better be on 11.20 Summit! Hear that Nick! We had Dad & I see where Simon & Nick get it from.

Galaxy 2001 - Simon Weir - A

Century 2002 - Dave Cole - Currently working as CD for Princess - Island Princess - A

Galaxy 2002 - John Howell - B+

Mercury 2004 - Jullian Bersch - Not currently with Celebrity - D

Summit 2004 - Simon Weir - A

Galaxy 2005 - John Challenger - Currently on vacation- Going back to HAL - A

Millennium 2005 - Stewart Turnbull - A

Wife Sailed with Nick Weir on the Century 2003

The best and most personable CD's we've met on Celebrity ships were: 1. Jim Cannon, 2. David Graham, and 3. David Cole. Jim Cannon is in the corporate office now, and David Graham left a long time ago (would love to know where he is now). I see from a post above that David Cole is now with Princess. We've experienced several other CD's on various Celebrity ships - but none of those were memorable. :(

Cindy

Just off the Summit.....Only found out his name on the 9th day of an 11 day cruise.....I think it was "John" something....never saw him around!!!! Just don't get it???

Hi Shelley !

I was on Summit 2 weeks ago, and found John Howell, to be outstanding, and he was ALWAYS around. He was one of the most visable Cruise Directors I have come across of late.

I really cannot imagine John being not visable, based on our experiences. Maybe you weren't looking in the right places ? <kidding of course>

Met John Howell last year on Summit does an outstanding job? Down there with us common folk. Anyone know CD on Century?

Hello Cruisintogether !

Usually, it is Allan King. He is an excellent CD. I know he was on vacation a few weeks ago, so I am not 100 % sure if he is there right now.

I just want to say that Jim Cannon was the very best CD - PERIOD. I hope he is instructing and hiring other activity staff and perhaps has some choice in selecting entertainment.

He just stands out as "genuine" and caring.

Archived