WHo has been your cruise directors on celebrity?

We had David Cole on the Century in 1996,

Allan King on the Mercury in 1998,

Todd Ferguson on the Galaxy in 2000,

Edwin Rojas on the Infinity in 2002,

and Rich Clesen on the Horizon last month.

David Shermet (MANY years ago) is our all-time favourite, followed by Simon Weir. We had John Howell on the Summit and, unlike others, would rate him very low. His voice reminded me of a pastor and we thought he had very little sense of humour. However, he could dance!

• 1 month later...

Of all our cruises, Dave Cole has been the best. Sorry to hear that he has gone corporate, or is he with Princess? Come back Dave! Stewart was his assistant the last time we cruised on Mercury, and he was a blast. The two of them were great! Dave went far and above, over and beyond, he was an absolute pleasure and I'd cruise with him in a heartbeat!

Our one X cruise so far has been with Dru Pavlov, who was very easy to look at.

He was very polished and professional.

Our fave CD was not on X but on CCL, John Heald, who is a legend over at Carnival. The very best all round guy with great comedy skills.

Can't remember the Century, but John Howell was fantastic on the Horizon. On the other hand, the entire crew on the Horizon was fantastic! Now I have to wonder who we will have on the Galaxy TA. Anybody know?

I can't recall all our CD's on 14 cruises but I know that our very first cruise we had Steve Clark from Australia and he was outstanding. Wonder where he is now?

Anyway, Don Fluke was great on Zenith, and then on our first Summit cruise. John Howell was outstanding. As has been said, I don't know how you could not have seen him, he was always around, always stopped to say hello and always answered any and all questions he could.

On one cruise we had a CD who had just come over from RCI and he didn't even know which ship he was on. True, at the farewell dinner he thanked everyone for sailing with RCI. I imagine that's why I can't recall him, he was never around and never knew exactly where he was. That's a true story.

Anyway, some CD's are good, some are great and there are other who you just remember their names because they were so wonderful. Hope everyone meets up with these guys on each and every cruise.

"Hope everyone meets up with these guys on each and every cruise." PatC

So, how do you make that happen? :confused:

We cruised on the Infinity in September of 2002 and never did meet the Cruise Director. Other than his appearance in the Theater, I don't think we ever saw him again, even tho' we were invited to a cocktail party for suite passengers....

Our fave CD was not on X but on CCL, John Heald, who is a legend over at Carnival. The very best all round guy with great comedy skills.

Agreed, John Heald was the BEST cruise director we ever sailed with. People were literally hysterical at his antics. Won't ever see him again unless he switches to RCC/Celebrity.

Hi Everyone !

My favorite of the Celebrity CD's was Jim Cannon. All of Celebrity's CD's do a wonderful job ! They are the VERY best, of all of the Cruise Lines.

Andy, Jim is also our favorite CD by far. We had the pleasure of having him aboard on the Millennium for her first Western Transatlantic trip to the states. He is the most professional, personable, talented, and truly very sincere person that we have met on any cruise so far. Jim's wife Tamara was the art dealer on the Millennium both times we have been on her. She is as equally nice and pleasant a person that Jim is. Their love of the sea and the people that they meet and entertain is felt as soon as their presence is made.

Rick Spath was a close second, as was David Cole. Rick and I clicked from the moment we learned that he was best friends with my cosuin from Teaneck, New Jersey. We had spent the rest of the curise with him on his time off. My DW said that I always find someone that I know reguardless of where we are. Rick has since left Celebrity to work with Silver Seas Cruise Lines. Kevin

We had Dave cole on the Mercury. Great great guy!!!

DH and I were walking on the promonade deck thinking it went all the way around. We got the the bow and there was Dave and Stuart. We started a casual very friendly conversation with them as they were telling us we were at the end of the line of the promanade. He was very friendly and unpretensious (spelling???).

It wasn't till the next evening at the captains welcome aboard that we realized he was the CD.

DH doesn't like to dance much, so Dave did a great job of getting some of the officers to dance with me in the disco.

Dave started as a singer on cruises, so he did a great job with singing country music with Vibz on CW night.

Finally, I love to sing, and I mentioned to Dave that because we were in late seating we didn't have a lot of time to review the Kareoke book. The next day, Dave sent the Kareoke book to my cabin so that I could have all afternoon to review it.

Also, he knew me by name by the second day. I have known some people for months and I was still not sure of thier names.

I would love to have Dave as my CD again.

• 2 weeks later...

We have had John Howell twice, once on the Century and once on the Galaxy. He was great both times and we had several convos with him. Out of the other 4 cruises I have taken, I do not remember who the cruise directors were.

Two questions, we are taking the Infinity in August and the Century in December. Does anyone know who the Cruise Directors are going to be? Thanks!

Have had lots of them! Top twp are Don Fluke and John Howell. Don is such a nut and so personable! John knows everyones name by the second day. And when John sings Over The Rainbow, I get chills!

The best was Dave Cole....he was CD twice when I was on Century, once in 95 and then again the second time years later.... Additionally, he was the CD on the Nordic Empress when I cruised on her in 93......

We kicked the cruise staffs butt in pool volleyball!!! He had a great group working for him....

The best was Dave Cole....he was CD twice when I was on Century, once in 95 and then again the second time years later.... Additionally, he was the CD on the Nordic Empress when I cruised on her in 93......

We kicked the cruise staffs butt in pool volleyball!!! He had a great group working for him....

Dave is currently working with Princess on the Island Princess.

Century - don't remember

Mercury - Dru Pavlov... (the first CD, whos name I remember!!!) He is really nice guy, and easy to talk to.:)

Picture:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/332732939/332739624CEpXCg

and being from Vancouver he loves hockey! (doesn't he look a little bit like Mario Lemieux ? ;) )

Hello Cruisintogether !

Usually, it is Allan King. He is an excellent CD. I know he was on vacation a few weeks ago, so I am not 100 % sure if he is there right now.

ALLAN kING IS ON THE CENTURY JUST BACK FROM THE bALTIC AND HE WAS GREAT VERY PERSONABLE AND ALWAYS AROUND AND ABOUT HE MADE A REAL EFFORT AND HIS' GROANERS' WERE UNMISSABLE

ALLAN kING IS ON THE CENTURY JUST BACK FROM THE bALTIC AND HE WAS GREAT VERY PERSONABLE AND ALWAYS AROUND AND ABOUT HE MADE A REAL EFFORT AND HIS' GROANERS' WERE UNMISSABLE

Hi Mystic Eye !

I agree. Allan King is a GREAT CD. I hope he will be on Century again, when I am on her in November. He is very personable, and very visable. He genuinely cares, and is concerned that the passengers are having a great time.

Special mention to.... John Howell, Simon Weir, and Don Fluke... who are outstanding as well.

Met John Howell last year on Summit does an outstanding job? Down there with us common folk. Anyone know CD on Century?

Yes, it is Allan King. He is great !

Archived