Mariner question

Watson's aunt

Ok this might sound dumb. the rules say is you spend 300. a day you get credit for one day. Lets say I book a few tours and I spend $300. Would it it make sense to book and shop each day and not get under the $300.to get the credit. If you spend $1,000 a day does this mean I would only get credit for 300. and one day. Not sure how to put this in writing to explain what I mean.

Does not really matter unless you exceed the limit. It is esstially the total spent that counts.

Example: 7 day cruise - $2100 maximum allowable for credits (300 times 7)

- spend 620.00 - get 2 credits (300 times 2)

- spend $2100 - get 7 credits (300 times 7)

- spend $5000 - get 7 credits (300 times 7)

Ok this might sound dumb. the rules say is you spend 300. a day you get credit for one day. Lets say I book a few tours and I spend $300. Would it it make sense to book and shop each day and not get under the $300.to get the credit. If you spend $1' date='000 a day does this mean I would only get credit for 300. and one day. Not sure how to put this in writing to explain what I mean.[/quote']

If I understand your question correctly, the formula is [Total spending $$ during cruise/$300 = Total number of additional days]. It does not matter how much you spend on any particular day.

On our last cruise we got credited extra days for shore excursions which we prepaid as well as our total bill. They also counted the amount of the upsell offer we accepted - which was $159 per person so total 318

It is not $300 spending per day. You receive one additional cruise day for every $300 you spend in relation to the sailing (excursions, onboard, etc). There are a few exceptions but generally most things that you'll purchase onboard or prior to boarding will count.

Douglas...Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it it make sense to book and shop each day and not get under the $300.to get the credit.
No' date=' it's just the total for the cruise that counts. It's a cap of $300 x days, not spending-per-day as such.[/font']

On our last cruise we got credited extra days for shore excursions which we prepaid as well as our total bill. They also counted the amount of the upsell offer we accepted - which was $159 per person so total 318
Also any gifts from your TA or friends/family count ... unless they're also on board, in which case they get the credit. Also there's some round-up done, but I don't know how much. We got 2 days for total spending of around $585.

HAL totals up all your expenses while you are on the ship as well as anything you prebook. Then HAL divides by 300 and that will give you the number of extra points that you will get.

For example -- if you shipboard spending is $900, prebooked items total $700 -- that will add up to $1600. Divide that by 300 and you will get 5.3. Thus you get 5 points.

Based on our sailing last week I would also say that they round up...at least they did for us. Our spending was somewhere between $1100-$1200 and we got 4 days spending credit when we were actually expecting 3 spending days because we didn't reach $1200.

A bit off topic...but does anyone know if these additional "spending" days count toward medallions? I know they are part of Mariner days, but I thought I had read somewhere that medallions are based on actual days at sea, not mariner days/spending.

Thank you!!

Based on our sailing last week I would also say that they round up...at least they did for us. Our spending was somewhere between $1100-$1200 and we got 4 days spending credit when we were actually expecting 3 spending days because we didn't reach $1200.

A bit off topic...but does anyone know if these additional "spending" days count toward medallions? I know they are part of Mariner days, but I thought I had read somewhere that medallions are based on actual days at sea, not mariner days/spending.

Thank you!!

No, they do not count toward Medallions.

Bonus days for spending and for being in a Suite only count in the Star Mariner Program.

Medallion days are actual days on board and nothing else.

No, they do not count toward Medallions.

Bonus days for spending and for being in a Suite only count in the Star Mariner Program.

Medallion days are actual days on board and nothing else.

That is exactly what I thought. Thanks!!

Archived