Upsell from Concierge Class to Sky Suite?

Chrislynn55

We are booked in a Concierge Class cabin on the Summit (loved it last year!) but we've just noticed that prices have dropped since final payment, and now a Sky Suite (S2) is only a few hundred dollars more than our current cabin.

If we upsell to a suite, will we still have the expanded room service menu and other benefits of Concierge Class? Are there any benefits for suite passengers other than a bigger cabin and balcony?

Thanks for any comments!

Kathy

We are booked in a Concierge Class cabin on the Summit (loved it last year!) but we've just noticed that prices have dropped since final payment, and now a Sky Suite (S2) is only a few hundred dollars more than our current cabin.

If we upsell to a suite, will we still have the expanded room service menu and other benefits of Concierge Class? Are there any benefits for suite passengers other than a bigger cabin and balcony?

Thanks for any comments!

Kathy

Just did this for my TA on Equinox. You get same perks as Concierge plus a Butler. You receive 1 free dinner in a specialty restaurant for a 7 night cruise and 2 dinners for 8 nights or longer. You can also dine in Blu for a $5 pp per day charge if space is available.My TA also increased my OBC. Canin on S classis much larger than the Conceirge. I believe it is also larger on the M Class. Other perks as well.

Just did this for my TA on Equinox. You get same perks as Concierge plus a Butler. You receive 1 free dinner in a specialty restaurant for a 7 night cruise and 2 dinners for 8 nights or longer. You can also dine in Blu for a $5 pp per day charge if space is available.My TA also increased my OBC. Canin on S classis much larger than the Conceirge. I believe it is also larger on the M Class. Other perks as well.

Hi Orator,

You are correct. As with the S-Class, the Sky Suite Cabins on the M-Class are definitely larger than Concierge Class.

To the OP: I also recommend going for Sky Suite upgrade if the price works for you. Enjoy your Cruise !

Thanks for any comments!

Kathy

Hi Chrislynn55,

From the 2012 Celebrity Brochures…

== snip ==

Suite amenities include all Stateroom and Concierge Class amenities, as well as…

* European Style Butler service to help with packing & unpacking, making spa appointments, dinner reservations etc.

* Priority Tender service

* Full in-suite Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner service

* In-suite Afternoon Tea service

* Complimentary espresso & cappuccino (in suite)

* Evening hors d’ouvres daily

* One complimentary Dinner for two in a Speciality Restaurant for cruises up to 7 Nights**

* Two complimentary Dinners for two in a Specialty Restaurant for cruises 8 Nights or longer**

* Additional custom blended bath products, nail kit

* Delivery of requested board games

** For Celebrity Solstice Class Ships ONLY

== end ==

There are sometimes other "non-printed perks" (such as getting to dine in Blu for $ 5 - A Stateroom Bar Set-up with 2 Bottles - sometimes getting Elite perks / or invited to Special Events ... ) BUT they don't seem to be consistent from ship to ship or sometimes even sailing to sailing...

Hope this is helpful,

Lol, if the price came down (and I’d already budgeted for that amount anyhow)… I’d certainly take a Suite if I could find one I liked !!

Cheers!

EDIT - On the Summit, Cabin Sizes are as follows...

Oceanview Cabins = 170 Square Feet (Balcony = 38 Sq Ft)

Concierge Class = 194 Square Feet (Balcony = 54 Sq Ft)

Sky Suite = 251 Square Feet (Balcony = 57 Sq Ft)

Thanks, everyone...a suite sounds great! I've sent an email off to my TA and we'll see if she can work some magic for us:)

Kathy

Good luck Kathy, but see no reason why you shouldn't get the suite.

Laura

Archived