Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Can anyone help with Navigator, Brilliance, Legend, Vision or Oasis? :confused:

Adventure OTS - Warren Allen starting 6/2 *Abel Jeney will return July 14 for 4 months.

Allure OTS - Anna Bass starts May 27 for 2 weeks, then Ken Rush will be back on June 10th until Sept 9, then Jimmy Rhodes.

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster *started 3/31 (when is his break and who will be the next CD)

Enchantment OTS - Keith Williams started May 17. John Blair returning from his break on July 12.

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9 until June 7th. Leigh Xuereb is currently the Activities Manager, and will take over as CD on June 7. Richard expects to return to EX at the end of July/beginning of August, but hasn't received official notification of his next assignment yet.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to Feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th.

Independence OTS - Luke Aerowsmith (started 4/7) Joff Eaton is returning on June 16.

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney *since March (when is his break?) Jimmy Rhodes will be the next CD (start date?)

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until sometime in June (exact date unknown), then Leo Papa

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May 7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 14. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. (who will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 14 through Nov 16?)

Navigator OTS - Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews *March 31 through first week of June (June 2?); then Amy Fickert said that she's returning to Oasis after her break. Can someone confirm that Amy is back on board?

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - Patrick Richard *Anna Bass starts in mid-June

Serenade OTS - Rich Edwards *April 14 through June 22; then Ricky Matthews

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst for the spring/summer season in Europe. João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Claudia Periou (when is her break and who is the next CD?)

Voyager OTS - Gordon Whatman *started on 30th April

Currently unassigned: Dan Whitney, Mercedes Fuentes, Mike Hunnerup, Simeon Baker, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles)

Karen, someone on the 5/20 - 5/27 Navigator cruise posted that Warren was the CD. So, I'm guessing that he left NV after that sailing to go over to AD.

We'd need to hear a report back from the 5/27 sailing, which returns tomorrow, to find out who replaced Warren.

We were on the 5/27-6/3 Navigator Cruise and Warren Allen was still the Cruise Director.

Steve

We were on the 5/27-6/3 Navigator Cruise and Warren Allen was still the Cruise Director.

Steve

Thanks for the info.

I suppose it is possible that he went straight from Navigator over to Adventure yesterday?

Or maybe his start date on Adventure has been moved up to next week, and Abel is there another week?

The schedule isn't known that far in advance.

Some people like Jimmy, but I didn't care for him at all. He spoke way too fast, he wasn't funny even though he laughed at all his own jokes, he was not warm, friendly or approachable, etc. He really irritated and annoyed me.

Activities and general entertainment paled under his directorship compared to the same activities/entertainment on the same ship a few months later with different cruise directors.

Donna, I respectfully disagree with you. We just had Jimmy on Voyager a few months ago & I will say he is one of the best. We thought he was very funny & very personable. We missed the window for getting tickets for the ice show & he personally had tickets sent to our cabin. We saw him frequently around the ship & he always went out of his way to be friendly with us. I loved his morning show "How you cruisin"."

I have been on 12 RCCL cruises & 20 all together.

I think Richard Spacey is the best hands down & really liked Clo at lot. Now if you want to talk about the worse, I would put Kirk Deitweiler (sp?) at the top of the worse lists.

Steve

Donna, I respectfully disagree with you. We just had Jimmy on Voyager a few months ago & I will say he is one of the best. We thought he was very funny & very personable. We missed the window for getting tickets for the ice show & he personally had tickets sent to our cabin. We saw him frequently around the ship & he always went out of his way to be friendly with us. I loved his morning show "How you cruisin"."

I have been on 12 RCCL cruises & 20 all together.

I think Richard Spacey is the best hands down & really liked Clo at lot. Now if you want to talk about the worse, I would put Kirk Deitweiler (sp?) at the top of the worse lists.

Steve

It's ok to disagree...I did say that some people like him! But some don't, including me. We went to the exact same activities on the exact same ship a few months apart, and there was a striking difference in our "fun factor" with someone other than Jimmy as CD. It's nice to hear the other side of the story, for balance.

We do agree on Kirk...he was definitely in the "worst" category in our opinion too, but there are people who really liked him too!

Of the CD's we've sailed with, our favorites are Leigh, Richard and Dennis. We also liked Becky.

Please let me add a third voice to Kirk Deitweiler being the all time WORST Cruise Director! We had him on Freedom last year and he was a huge disappointment.

We loved Richard Spacey, but wonder if his 'schtick' would get old on repeat cruises?

Had Allen Brooks on Allure in April and he was very good.

One of our all time favorites though is Drew Devine. We have had him as our CD three times on the Monarch and he was always great. In fact, we liked him so much that it influenced our decision to sail Freedom in September just so that we could have him one more time! Does anyone know if Drew is transferring to a new ship after his two month fill in on Freedom?

Thanks for the info.

I suppose it is possible that he went straight from Navigator over to Adventure yesterday?

Or maybe his start date on Adventure has been moved up to next week, and Abel is there another week?

Abel is not on AD at this time - according to him.

...Does anyone know if Drew is transferring to a new ship after his two month fill in on Freedom?

Drew told us about 3 weeks ago that he didn't know where he was going after his Freedom fill-in for Graham Seymour.

It's ok to disagree...I did say that some people like him! But some don't, including me. We went to the exact same activities on the exact same ship a few months apart, and there was a striking difference in our "fun factor" with someone other than Jimmy as CD. It's nice to hear the other side of the story, for balance.

We do agree on Kirk...he was definitely in the "worst" category in our opinion too, but there are people who really liked him too!

Of the CD's we've sailed with, our favorites are Leigh, Richard and Dennis. We also liked Becky.

I agree with you Donna...Jimmy Rhodes was the worst cruise director ever. If I find out he is the cruise director on future cruises and I am within my cancellation window, I will cancle for sure. He truly is that bad. He has this celebrity image of himself that just does not exist to others.

Can anyone help with Adventure, Navigator, Brilliance, Legend, Vision or Oasis? :confused:

Adventure OTS - Warren Allen starting 6/2 *Abel Jeney will return July 14 for 4 months. *Can someone confirm that Warren is there?

Allure OTS - Anna Bass starts May 27 for 2 weeks, then Ken Rush will be back on June 10th until Sept 9, then Jimmy Rhodes.

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster *started 3/31 (when is his break and who will be the next CD)

Enchantment OTS - Keith Williams started May 17. John Blair returning from his break on July 12.

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9 until June 7th. Leigh Xuereb is currently the Activities Manager, and will take over as CD on June 7. Richard expects to return to EX at the end of July/beginning of August, but hasn't received official notification of his next assignment yet.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to Feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th.

Independence OTS - Luke Aerowsmith (started 4/7) Joff Eaton is returning on June 16.

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney *since March (when is his break?) Jimmy Rhodes will be the next CD (start date?)

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until sometime in June (exact date unknown), then Leo Papa *Can someone confirm the changeover?

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May 7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 14. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. (who will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 14 through Nov 16?)

Navigator OTS - unknown

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews *March 31 through first week of June (June 2?); then Amy Fickert said that she's returning to Oasis after her break. Can someone confirm that Amy is back on board?

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - Patrick Richard *Anna Bass starts in mid-June Can someone confirm the changeover date?

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst for the spring/summer season in Europe. João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Currently unassigned: Dan Whitney, Mercedes Fuentes, Mike Hunnerup, Simeon Baker, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles)

Please let me add a third voice to Kirk Deitweiler being the all time WORST Cruise Director! We had him on Freedom last year and he was a huge disappointment.

I'm wondering if you had someone other than Kirk... especially if you're talking about the Freedom last year. He has been gone from the company for over 2 years now. He is now on Silver Seas and before that, he was on Azamara... after leaving Royal Caribbean in 2010 (I believe).

I'm wondering if you had someone other than Kirk... especially if you're talking about the Freedom last year. He has been gone from the company for over 2 years now. He is now on Silver Seas and before that, he was on Azamara... after leaving Royal Caribbean in 2010 (I believe).

I think you are correct with your date. He left Azamara in May of 2011 although I don't remember how long he was there - likely a year or close to it. He was on Freedom briefly. Maybe the poster you responded to forgot how long ago they were on Freedom of the Seas.

Gina

Where is Allan Brooks?

Oops -

He was on Allure for several months, and just started his break on May 27. He is scheduled to return to Allure Sept 9 to Sept 30. No info is available after that.

Can anyone help with Adventure, Navigator, Brilliance, Legend, Vision or Oasis? :confused:

Adventure OTS - Warren Allen starting 6/2 *Abel Jeney will return July 14 for 4 months. *Can someone confirm that Warren is there?

Allure OTS - Anna Bass starts May 27 for 2 weeks, then Ken Rush will be back on June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Sept 30, then Jimmy Rhodes.

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until sometime in June (exact date unknown), then Leo Papa *Can someone confirm the changeover?

Navigator OTS - unknown

Rhapsody OTS - Patrick Richard *Anna Bass starts in mid-June Can someone confirm the changeover date?

Nope, my dates are correct. We sailed on Freedom of the Seas January 30th. 2011. Just checked my C&A listing on the RCI site. We definitely had Kirk D. and we absolutely did not like him! :)

You are correct. I went back and checked further. Since RCCL owns Azamara I assumed that was when he finished with the parent company. He finished RCI on the date I said and began Azamara in June 2011. Yes he was for sure on Freedom when you stated. And I still loved him as a cruise director on Radiance. :)

You can expect him to be on board until June 22.

I first met him a few years ago - I think it was on NV and just spent 26 days with him on SR.

What kind of info did you want?

I just wondered if people liked him. I've been on several cruises and usually like the CD. I just wondered if people enjoyed him, does he overdo it, do you see him on ship quite a bit? Just that type of thing. Should I be happy he is on Serenade?

Ricky Williams is the best, most talented and least annoying Cruise Director we have ever saild with. Richard Spacey was next and he said he was trained by Ricky Williams.

I know there are a lot of different feelings about Ken Rush, but when we sailed with him on Allure, he seemed tired, disinterested and ready to retire. But, everyone can have a bad cruise.

Archived