Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

I just called RCI and talked to an agent, and he said that Ken Rush is starting his contract on Allure on November 4th. 2012.

Take it for what it's worth, but it does seem to make sense to me that Allen Brooks would be on board for longer then just three weeks in September. I know that they sometimes split contracts over two ships, but three weeks just seems crazy.

Those emails are notoriously inaccurate. (For our cruise, it was way off - the CD we were told would be on our sailing was on a ship halfway around the world, and the actual CD was the usual one who was already on the ship.) I wouldn't put too much stock into whatever they say.

Several pages back on this thread, someone provided the email address for the person in charge of the cruise director's schedule. I haven't emailed them regarding this list because I feel that it's asking for too much. However, you might want to send an email for specific info regarding your individual sailing.

Email has bee sent. I will let you know what I found out.

I just called RCI and talked to an agent, and he said that Ken Rush is starting his contract on Allure on November 4th. 2012.

Take it for what it's worth, but it does seem to make sense to me that Allen Brooks would be on board for longer then just three weeks in September. I know that they sometimes split contracts over two ships, but three weeks just seems crazy.

I agree - it does seem crazy, especially since Allan Brooks is one of the regular CD's on Allure, alternating with Ken. I'd be more inclined to think that the info regarding Jimmy Rhodes is incorrect.

Time will tell!

Here is the response from the email I sent..

Allan Brooks is probably just off the Allure. The current Cruise Director on Allure should be Ken Rush, and continue to be Ken through September on your sailing.

Although, this can of course change at any time due to many factors.

I also called Crown & Anchor to see what they would say. The Agent said the Allan will be the CD starting with the 09/02/12 cruise.

Donna

Can cruisers returning this weekend help us out?

Has Anna Bass started on Brilliance last week as scheduled?

Has Luke Aerowsmith taken over from Rico on Grandeur?

Is Jimmy Rhodes on Legend?

Is Simona still on Navigator?

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney started on July 14 for 4 months.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Sept 30, then Jimmy Rhodes. Ken Rush expects to return after his break (Nov/Dec)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started 3/31 *Anna Bass starts July 27 (changeover needs confirmation)

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started on July 12.

Explorer OTS - = Richard Spacey started July 19

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine started July 29th. Graham Seymour is returning September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du Breil until July 22 or 29? Luke Aerowsmith until September 14th. (needs confirmation - we have conflicting info regarding changeover date)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October (for feedback on Joff: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1679948)

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes (Needs confirmation)

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started mid-July

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started July 16

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 17. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. Mitch Merucci will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 17 through Nov 16

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 Ricky Matthews expects to return when Amy takes her break (need date).

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20

Serenade OTS - Ricky Matthews started June 22 (until when?)

Splendour OTS - Rich Edwards *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup (dates?)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

A really big thanks to Donna for all the work that she puts into this thread. It is obvious that the only real information comes from the cruisers on board each ship week by week. But funnily enough I even doubt some of this, including my own information.

I have previously posted that Luke Arrowsmith was onboard The Granduer at the beginning of July, and was taking over from Rico the following week.

I know that to be true, I saw him, I drank with him, and saw him making his own welcome aboard vidoes, and the tour of the ship videos. However it appears as if he did not take over that week, and that Rico stayed on board longer. Either way The Granduer is in good hands, they are great CDs.

A really big thanks to Donna for all the work that she puts into this thread. It is obvious that the only real information comes from the cruisers on board each ship week by week. But funnily enough I even doubt some of this, including my own information.

I have previously posted that Luke Arrowsmith was onboard The Granduer at the beginning of July, and was taking over from Rico the following week.

I know that to be true, I saw him, I drank with him, and saw him making his own welcome aboard vidoes, and the tour of the ship videos. However it appears as if he did not take over that week, and that Rico stayed on board longer. Either way The Granduer is in good hands, they are great CDs.

It happens with all positions. The concierge, maitre'd, stateroom attendant, etc... Anyone can think they are going home at the end of a particular cruise only to be told at the last minute that their replacement isn't making it to the ship for whatever reason and then they might be required to stay on for another cruise, or maybe longer.

Gina

Awww...thanks everyone! And I appreciate all the input and fact gathering that you all contribute to this list. The change in the CD's plans can be frustrating at times, but I also like the challenge of fitting the info together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Another issue I've seen firsthand is overlap of the two CD's during a week or two before the official changeover to ensure a smooth transition.

Chip - I imagine that it's a pretty good bet that Luke has taken over from Rico by now?

Hi

On another Thread (for the 30 September sailing on Allure) one of the other guests has had a response from Royal saying the following about the CD:

Here is a response from reservations@rccl.com

Dear Mr. XXX:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Allan Brooks is the Cruise Director scheduled for the Allure of the Seas in September and October. The following partial entertainment is currently scheduled for the September 23rd, 2012 sailing of the Allure of the Seas:

They may be wrong but might be worth noting.

Mc

Does anyone know who the CD will be on the Oasis for th 10/13 sailing? Thanks in advance.:)

Hard to tell. It could be one of the last cruises for Amy's current contract, or one of the first cruises of Ricky Matthew's. Or, something could change and it will be someone totally different.

Hi

On another Thread (for the 30 September sailing on Allure) one of the other guests has had a response from Royal saying the following about the CD:

They may be wrong but might be worth noting.

Mc

Thanks! This supports the info I have.

Donna... as of July 10th, he was still onboard the Legend. I just sent him a FB message... so I'll let you know if I hear anything back from him.

Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks! This is really helpful because I never had confirmation that Jimmy Rhodes was truly on the ship. I had heard that he was placed there from activities staff on another ship.

If you hear back from him, I'd be curious to know if he is really going over to Allure.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Sept 30, then Jimmy Rhodes. Ken Rush expects to return after his break (Nov/Dec)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster started 3/31 *Anna Bass starts July 27 (changeover needs confirmation)

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine started July 29th. Graham Seymour is returning September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du Breil until July 22 or 29? Luke Aerowsmith until September 14th. (needs confirmation - we have conflicting info regarding changeover date)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October (for feedback on Joff: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1679948)

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August (end date? Who will be the next CD?)

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 17. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. Mitch Merucci will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 17 through Nov 16

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 Ricky Matthews expects to return when Amy takes her break (need date).

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Splendour OTS - Rich Edwards *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

Hard to tell. It could be one of the last cruises for Amy's current contract, or one of the first cruises of Ricky Matthew's. Or, something could change and it will be someone totally different.
Donna, I just got off the phone with an RCI agent and she told me that Amy Fickert ends on 10/6 and Ricky Matthews will be taking over as CD. Just an FYI; I wonder how accurate the information is...hmmm

Just heard from someone who just got off the Brilliance that Anna Bass is indeed the CD.

(Have not yet heard back from Jimmy... but think there's some bad weather in China at the moment.... Will try to remember to ask him about the Allure also.)

Just heard from someone who just got off the Brilliance that Anna Bass is indeed the CD.

(Have not yet heard back from Jimmy... but think there's some bad weather in China at the moment.... Will try to remember to ask him about the Allure also.)

Will she be there in October?:)

Brilliance OTS - Anna Bass started July 27

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes (need dates)

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August (end date? Who will be the next CD?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 until 10/6 then Ricky Matthews

Donna, I just got off the phone with an RCI agent and she told me that Amy Fickert ends on 10/6 and Ricky Matthews will be taking over as CD. Just an FYI; I wonder how accurate the information is...hmmm

Thanks! I'll put it on the list. It makes sense and fits with the typical 4 month contract.

Donna, I just hope the info given to me is true. If anybody finds out something different then they need to post it.

I was chating with ricky on facebook yes he will be on the oasis 10/06/12 he really enjoy working on the allure and the oasis he hoping that they will give him a full contract on the oasis or on the allure

I was chating with ricky on facebook yes he will be on the oasis 10/06/12 he really enjoy working on the allure and the oasis he hoping that they will give him a full contract on the oasis or on the allure

Let's hope so! I rreally disliked Amy and am sailing on the Oasis again in November. It will make my day if he is still there 11/24!! :D

Archived