Ham & eggs at 1am?????

Diamond60

My husband enjoys eating between 1-2 am. We are in a suite on the NCL Jewel. In regards to suite room service, can you order ham and eggs at 1am; or anthing similar to that??? I understand that the suite room service menu is more diversified. If possible, do anyone have a copy of the 'Suite Room Service' menu? It would be appreciated.

Thanks for all responses!

My husband enjoys eating between 1-2 am. We are in a suite on the NCL Jewel. In regards to suite room service, can you order ham and eggs at 1am; or anthing similar to that??? I understand that the suite room service menu is more diversified. If possible, do anyone have a copy of the 'Suite Room Service' menu? It would be appreciated.

Thanks for all responses!

While I'm no expert I guessing your butler or concierge could make that happen. They both seemed to want to do anything for me in my suite on the Pearl.

Alternatively the Blue Lagoon serves breakfast, probably not at 1 AM but it is open 23 hours.

Bring a hot plate?:D

Blue lagoon should be open they have some awesome chicken wings... Perfect 1am craving!.. Im sure your butler could get you about anything you wanted tho... Would I bother him at 1am ..probably not but You did pay the big bucks for the suite.. SO if you want eggs and ham at 1am never hurts to ask! Happy cruising!

Thanks for the info! I was under the impression that there's a 'Suite Room Service' menu. We'd never think of waking anyone at 1am, much less the butler who's been servicing people all day and evening. We're considerate of others. That's why I asked if you can order ham and eggs from the Suite Room Service menu that time in the morning rather than from the regular room service menu. Wouldn't your order go to the same place as the regular room service if you're ordering from the 'Suite Room Service'? This is new for us. We never been in a NCL suite. We have thought of informing the Butler of this as soon as we board.

Again, thanks for your responses.

If you would like something like that it's a good idea to tell your butler ahead of time, then he could make arrangements. If you call room service at that time he would probably be asleep!

As far as I have been told by butlers, they are off as from 1 AM. Apart from this, I wouldn't even think of disturbing them for a 1 AM breakfast. We just call room service if we want a midnight snack.

Thanks for the info! I was under the impression that there's a 'Suite Room Service' menu. We'd never think of waking anyone at 1am, much less the butler who's been servicing people all day and evening. We're considerate of others. That's why I asked if you can order ham and eggs from the Suite Room Service menu that time in the morning rather than from the regular room service menu. Wouldn't your order go to the same place as the regular room service if you're ordering from the 'Suite Room Service'? This is new for us. We never been in a NCL suite. We have thought of informing the Butler of this as soon as we board.

There is a special suite room service menu. Its basically just an expanded menu with about 6 or 7 more choices (mostly breakfast). I know there were eggs on it but I haven't seen ham as a breakfast meat choice.

These menus are posted at the start of the boards as of now 2:30pm.It says you can order from 6 to 10 am. Other hours would be charged the extra fee.

I would think you could get anything they offer delivered to your cabin,suite or not.....Have a great trip !

Butlers do go off duty and if you order room service when they are off it will be handled by regular room service..no problem.

Hi Dawn! Our experience has been that the butlers decide when they will turn their phones off for the night, generally anywhere from 10 pm to 1 am. It may depend on how early someone wants breakfast in the morning. Call their number anyway, because your call will automatically be forwarded to the room service department. I beleive there is an "anytime" omelette on the suite menu. You could ask about ham and eggs, but they may say no.

Just off Epic so perhaps this does not apply to all ships but our butler told us that after he retired for the night a "night butler" would be on duty to see to any needs we might have. We never used this service for anything and only had room service once (which the butler brought and set up with tablecloth,etc.)

There is another recent thread with a picture of the suite and regular room service menus.

Those are the door hanger room service menus for breakfast. I'm not sure I've seen a suite room service menu posted on CC, certainly not recently.

I think you are probably going to have some trouble with that request. I've found late night dining to be very limited. So limited you think...."hmmm, not worth it".

But on the first day of the cruise, your Butler will come introduce himself to you. Tell him the request and see if there is a possibility. Maybe he can put in a standing order for every night to have the Room Service people make this up special for you. Suite passengers do get an expanded Room Service menu and eggs are certainly on it during the morning hours, so the request can't be unreasonable, just maybe it's a timing issue that he will need to make special arrangements for.

I know if you call down to Room Service at that hour with any sort of request out of the ordinary, they won't be able to honor it. They aren't a super flexible bunch. But most suite passengers aren't calling Room Service so work thru the Butler and see if he can go pull the suite guest card to get the special request done.

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm quite sure John can work w/ whatever is available at the time. As I mentioned before, we're not unreasonable or selfish by any means. Just wanted to know what the options were. Now, we know; and we can definitely work with that.

Again, thanks!

Archived