199 members have voted

1. 1. How many bags/ pieces of luggage do you take

• Zero
    • One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five or More

I'm leaving on Thursday for two days in Miami prior to my seven day Western Caribbean cruise and another day in Miami after the cruise. I'm traveling solo so . . . for just little old me . . . I'll be taking one 26 inch suitcase, one garment bag and one tote (with a tiny purse in it). :)

Guest enjoycruises

1 suitcase and 1 carryon per person. Next cruise we will add a garment bag with it since we will be 3 people......2 tuxedos and 2 nice dresses.

we take 5 between the 2 of us....but one whole bag is dedicated to shoes!! :)

WOW ! ! hehehehehe.......I remember those days. :p

I cruise solo now. Always take two rollalongs. One large one which I check and one small one as a "carry on". I put camera, puter if I take it, and docs, identification, etc. in the small one. Since they're both rollalongs I then do self-assist debarkation and roll right off the ship (put the smaller one on the big one). Piece a cake. :)

For a 7 day cruise I usually take 2 suitcases (29" and 22") along with a carry on as I usally do a pre and postcruise stay in the departure city. Trying really hard to cut down on the amount of clothes and shoes that I carry but have yet to succeed

Our next cruise though will be a lot lighter so we can do self assist debarkation!! I think that our formal wear takes up a lot of space too.... Maybe next time I will only bring ONE pair of shoes!!

I need sandals, sneakers, dress shoes, flip flops, etc....!! :D

In the past we have taken a 29", a 26" expandable, a 20", a garment bag, a tote with just shoes and a camara bag. DW also takes a big purse in order to stuff airline tickets, docs and the like. We use the 20" to take toiletries and the clothes that we are going to where for dinner just in case the rest of the luggage doesn't make it on time. I also use this bag to bring back the adult beverages that have been purchased while on the cruise. With the new luggage restrictions by the airlines, we will probable get another 26" bag (we don't want to take any chances with the 29").

The rule in our family is you take it you carry it. I used to really over pack but now we each take a sm to med rollalong bag,carryon or backpack and I take a large tote that i kinda pass off as my purse. As far as shoes go I take 1 pr. sandels 1 pr high heels and wear sneakers. Less is really more on cruises. Debby

Ocean Breese

Fantasy

Paradise

Miracle

Imagination 5/05

Well, Im a chick so ya know how that can be. Our first cruise I took 2 roll on's and a garmet bag. FORGET IT!

We learned that time that pack what you think you'll need and then take HALF OUT! We even had to pay an extra $50 bucks cuz one of our suitcases was over the limit on the way home. Of course that was because I filled up DH"s suitcase with my stuff so mine would be LIGHTER! LOL

This time i'm only taking ONE suitcase and 1 garment bag. Of course I will have a small carry on with my purse, snacks, magazine, camera etc in it.

Since I have to carry them....i'm going LIGHTER this time! I HOPE! lol....

DH says I better get on the scale with it and see how much it weighs!

You know us chicks...SHOES, SHOES, SHOES! GOTTA HAVE EM!

GOOD LUCK! :D Julie

We took way too much. There were five of us; me, my husband, two teenagers, and a 2 year old. We had 6 suitcases to check in. One a piece plus one extra. Then we had about 3 carryons and a stroller and my teenagers had backpacks. We only used half of the clothes we packed and didn't use many of the items. I had to come prepared with a little one but will cut back next time.

I sure loved that "zero" option!!!!! Must be for those of us who manage to stowaway some how!!!! Right!!!!! Or perhaps dress in layers!!! That's an idea!! I am always looking for ways to cut down on the amount I bring. Now you really have me thinking.....................................

Joan

Sail on........................

See, my husband likes to boast that he only packs one suitcase, but I'm the one that carries all the shared items which adds to my suitcase number. I have one small carry-on, one small rolling, and then a rolling garment bag. The middle bag is usally filled with the joint stuff like the alarm clock, the medicines and sea sickness treatment (which we've never needed, but I always take just in case), the power strip, the DUCT TAPE, etc. All the essentials.

For a week's cruise for DH, DD and myself we took a large suitcase, a med and a rolling carryon (checked this one) and a garment bag (also checked) we each carried on something - DH, the camera bag: DD, a backpack and a large tote for me. We take our own snorkel gear and DD has to bring her DVD player. It really wasn't as bad as it sounds - our luggage has straps to hook them together so they can roll as one piece of luggage. It was worth the investment.

Looking in the hallway on the last night of the cruise, I swear some people pack expecting to live permanently on the ship. Between my wife and me, we had one 26 inch suitcase, one carryon 20 inch suitcase, and a backpack. My suit went into the 20 inch. We still didn't wear half the things we packed.

For 4 of us we had 7 bags, plus what we carried on. But it only broke down to one suitcase for each,( which we put a little of each in every bag incase one got lost), 2 hang ups for dress clothes & one bag for the night before & after the cruise. Worked out great!

One rolling duffel, a purse and either a small backpack or laptop bag. I would rather pay for laundry/dry cleaning and pack light than schlep a bunch of stuff around. If my formals get a bit wrinkled, I send them out to be pressed.

Cheers,

Friday

I, personally need one large suitcase for my clothes, one duffle bag for my shoes and another duffle (acrry on size) for the 'essentials' (blow dryer, curling iron, make up, soaps, scrubs, toners...etc.) I basically bring my entire bedroom closet/bathroom vanity with me. :eek:

Archived