LOS 2/27 first time cruiser review! L>O>N>G

Still with you. OMG - the amount of food & the type of food your son eats is making me jealous - I wouldn't have fit in any of the clothes I had packed if I ate that way.

So happy - it looks as though you're both having a blast!

I was just thinking this! Oh, to be 16 again! :p

Wow! I really loved your review. Complete and with pictures! Very nice! Looks like you had a wonderful time. You said you were the patch for motion sickness. Do you get that terrible dry mouth with it? Did your pupils dilate with it? How did the motion of the ocean treat you?

Thanks for a great review, I'm sailing on May 3rd on Liberty, so happy to see photos! It's a right pain when travel plans are messed up, my family & I were stranded in Florida for 2 weeks due to the volcanic ash two years ago, could have been stuck in worse places !! Thanks again:)

Fantastic review! We were on Liberty in December in the same room! I loved everything about that ship and never wanted to leave. Thanks for the memories, even though we have a lot of the same pictures!:)

It was a great room!! My son loved the balcony:)

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. It looks like you both had a wonderful time! great photos! We loved Liberty too and are now looking forward to Freedom in two weeks.

Thanks for a great review, I'm sailing on May 3rd on Liberty, so happy to see photos! It's a right pain when travel plans are messed up, my family & I were stranded in Florida for 2 weeks due to the volcanic ash two years ago, could have been stuck in worse places !! Thanks again:)

THanks for the kind words! I enjoyed reliving it through the review!

Wow! I really loved your review. Complete and with pictures! Very nice! Looks like you had a wonderful time. You said you were the patch for motion sickness. Do you get that terrible dry mouth with it? Did your pupils dilate with it? How did the motion of the ocean treat you?

I do get a dry mouth initially... It doesn't bother me too much and it goes away (or I just adjust) after a few days. I do get the blurred vision as well. THe longer I wear the patch the blurrier the words get. I could read a book, but it wasn't as easy as normal (HA)

I only had one day where the motion got to me. Looking back it was the last day of my patch before I needed to switch to a new one and I noticed it the most in the theatre which is in the front of the ship.

No matter the minor side effects, it is all TOTALLY worth it to not get sick:)

took me two days once I got home (the patch was off ) to get my vision completely back. LOL. I could see everything fine except things really close. If you need to use one I suggest trying it out before the trip to see how it affects you. I won't travel without it:0)

Thanks so much for your great review! Any idea what cruise you'll book next?

I am hoping to go again next year-same time. Just want to make sure the money will be there in the bank before I book! LOL. Then I need to decide if I want to cruise again with my son or with some gal pals who say thay want to go next year. I WILL cruise again!! TOo much fun for such a great price!

Thank you for a great review!! We've had reservations about booking W. Caribbean, but your photos are making me reconsider...esp. with airfare as high as it is for S. Caribbean out of SJ!

Haiti was my favorite! It was beautiful! Jamaica was very nice too, but it was more packed with activities so not much time to just relax and take in the views. Will do it again.

I do get a dry mouth initially... It doesn't bother me too much and it goes away (or I just adjust) after a few days. I do get the blurred vision as well. THe longer I wear the patch the blurrier the words get. I could read a book, but it wasn't as easy as normal (HA)

I only had one day where the motion got to me. Looking back it was the last day of my patch before I needed to switch to a new one and I noticed it the most in the theatre which is in the front of the ship.

No matter the minor side effects, it is all TOTALLY worth it to not get sick:)

took me two days once I got home (the patch was off ) to get my vision completely back. LOL. I could see everything fine except things really close. If you need to use one I suggest trying it out before the trip to see how it affects you. I won't travel without it:0)

Thanks for responding! I did use the patch when I went to Disney world for the first time. I had the worst cotton mouth ever! My pupils were dilated, and I too couldn't read things close. I couldn't read my driver's license! I felt queesy being on the ferry to magic kingdom from the parking lot, but your elbow to elbow with everyone. I think it would be different on a cruise.. surrounded by fresh air. I never got sick on a boat at the lake, or waverunner! I just wanted to know what you experienced. I'm thinking about booking my first cruise if I can find someone to go with and I was thinking about trying bonnine. I want to be able to have a drink a day and you can't do that with the patch. Hmm..

Wonderful report. I really enjoyed your photos. I'll be on the Liberty on 4/14 for a 14 night transatlantic cruise. Even though I've taken a lot of cruises, I'm always learning new ways to enjoy a cruise. A pizza party in the Solarium hot tub is a great idea.

Thanks for sharing the great review and pics! I am glad you and your son had such a great time.

In 2002 our first cruise was supposed to be a romantic getaway but we ended up bringing our two teenage sons with us. I am glad we did as it was an experience that they will never forget. Like your son they had a great time.

In a little less than 40 days my wife and I will be boarding Mariner of the Seas for a 15 night transatlantic / Mediterranean cruise and I can't wait! Reading how much fun you had on your cruise made me even more ready to go.

I hope this was the first of many cruises for both you and your son.

Awesome review!!:D:D Thanks for sharing your vacation with us! My sons also found the donuts in the windjammer each morning... I wondered if they ever ran out on the mornings we were there...

We will be on the Liberty in just three weeks! Can't wait!

Nancy

Absolutely loved your review- thanks for sharing it!

I'm amazed that he let you take so many pictures of him, being a 16 yr old and all, but you seem very close which is awesome- hope it continues.

Hope your future has many cruises in it- enjoy!

Hey iamerica,

What a brilliant review! I especially loved your photos. You guys look like you had a great time.

I've booked the owner's suite on Rhapsody for my 25th wedding anniversary next year and now that I have read your review, the time just can't go quick enough.

Thanks for lifting my spirits! :)

What a great review ... and your photos were fantastic too!

We were on Liberty a week after you both .. and your son is right ... those donuts are AWESOME! I had way more than I should have !

Thanks for responding! I did use the patch when I went to Disney world for the first time. I had the worst cotton mouth ever! My pupils were dilated, and I too couldn't read things close. I couldn't read my driver's license! I felt queesy being on the ferry to magic kingdom from the parking lot, but your elbow to elbow with everyone. I think it would be different on a cruise.. surrounded by fresh air. I never got sick on a boat at the lake, or waverunner! I just wanted to know what you experienced. I'm thinking about booking my first cruise if I can find someone to go with and I was thinking about trying bonnine. I want to be able to have a drink a day and you can't do that with the patch. Hmm..

I make sure I drink ALOT of water. I also take ginger pills which helps with an upset stomach. Not much of a drinker so I never thought about the patch with drinking.... hhhhmmm wonder how that will work if I do a gal-pal cruise?!?! lol

I also will take mecklazine (bonine, dramamine, etc) nondrowsy JUST to be sure! I get sick VERY VERY easily.

The ship is so big that the only place I really felt movement was up front. Our stateroom was in the very back of the ship.

good luck if you decide to cruise.

Absolutely loved your review- thanks for sharing it!

I'm amazed that he let you take so many pictures of him, being a 16 yr old and all, but you seem very close which is awesome- hope it continues.

Hope your future has many cruises in it- enjoy!

Thanks! He just knows when I have the camera to just smile.:) I had three different cameras too (phone, handheld canon and the big daddy Nikon)

It is just the two of us so we are buddies!

Awesome review!!:D:D Thanks for sharing your vacation with us! My sons also found the donuts in the windjammer each morning... I wondered if they ever ran out on the mornings we were there...

We will be on the Liberty in just three weeks! Can't wait!

Nancy

Oh the donuts! Thank goodness they didn't run out on us! That oculd have been a sad morning....:D

Thanks for sharing the great review and pics! I am glad you and your son had such a great time.

In 2002 our first cruise was supposed to be a romantic getaway but we ended up bringing our two teenage sons with us. I am glad we did as it was an experience that they will never forget. Like your son they had a great time.

In a little less than 40 days my wife and I will be boarding Mariner of the Seas for a 15 night transatlantic / Mediterranean cruise and I can't wait! Reading how much fun you had on your cruise made me even more ready to go.

I hope this was the first of many cruises for both you and your son.

I hope we can cruise again and soon!

So sweet seeing you enjoying the cruise with your son!

We've never brought our children on a cruise, as it is the only time my DH and I get to ourselves, but I look forward to it when they are older!

So sweet seeing you enjoying the cruise with your son!

We've never brought our children on a cruise, as it is the only time my DH and I get to ourselves, but I look forward to it when they are older!

Thanks!

We have fun together:p

Great review of the Liberty. That class of ships are one of my favorites. I am glad that you had a great time and hopefully you will be able to cruise again whether with friends or family.

Your son should feel lucky to go on a cruise with you and such a you age. My parents took me on my first just a few years ago and turned me into a cruise aholic.

Well have a good day and happy cruising in the future.

Thanks for your review. I just read it all in one sitting. Thats so nice that you and your son can spend some awesome time together. Your airline hassles sounded stressful...but didn't seem to bother you guys much. I would have flipped out! lol

Thanks for your review. I just read it all in one sitting. Thats so nice that you and your son can spend some awesome time together. Your airline hassles sounded stressful...but didn't seem to bother you guys much. I would have flipped out! lol

Thanks! I figured getting stressed wouldn't get me home any faster:) PLus we had an extra day of vacation....

Great review! Glad that you and your son had a good cruise!

WE had a blast!

Great review of the Liberty. That class of ships are one of my favorites. I am glad that you had a great time and hopefully you will be able to cruise again

whether with friends or family.

Your son should feel lucky to go on a cruise with you and such a you age. My parents took me on my first just a few years ago and turned me into a cruise aholic.

Well have a good day and happy cruising in the future.

My son better feel lucky:) LOL I want him to have experiences and figured I better save and make it happen. (He has autism so I try to help him see that there is a huge world out there and it is best to learn about it.... plus the unexpected adventures of travel help him learn to cope with change)

Hoping to cruise again next year!

Archived