My Favorite things about The Constellation/14 Nt. So. Caribbean Ports

julie100

What are your favorite things about the Connie?

What are your favorite things about the ports covered during the 14 night Southern Caribbean Itinerary? The ports are Aruba, Curacao, Grenada, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Martin, St. Thomas, Ft. Lauderdale.

What do you wish you would have known, what would you have done differently? Not talking about small complaints, but specifics on utilization of certain ship features or logistics on port visits for example.

We are booked in a Family Veranda stateroom on the Connie for the April 7th sailing, my husband, me and our two teenagers (we last sailed on Celebrity 8 years ago on the Zenith, another 14 night cruise). I've been reading our roll call forum and searching the web, but I think there's a wealth of experience here and I'm sure many people could benefit from your opinion. Thanks in advance for your advice! :D

Hi Julie100,

Have a look at my review I recently posted on the same Constellation cruise that we took in February. I have tried to give an honest view on the islands, but obviously its our opinion. If you want tours of the islands, take a local taxi from the port area, its cheaper, they are very reliable and you can tailor the trip to meet your needs e.g. sightseeing and beach, plus you only pay the taxi once they have returned you to the ship before it sails.

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=97487

We thought the Tuscan Grill speciality restaurant on board was not good value for money, mainly because the food in the Main dining Room was so good.

Other than that, we tried to make sure we saw all the entertainment in the main Theatre as it was excellent. We saw the shows first and then went to the MDR afterwards.

Have a great cruise, I envy you and wished we were both back on her again, it was just wonderful.

Regards

Geoff

Nr Cambridge

UK

What are your favorite things about the Connie?

We just got off and loved the whole package. Ports were beautiful for beaches which we enjoyed so much!

About the ship:

1. Promenade deck was good for walking when the jogging track was too windy. Also loved that we had views to the sea without lifeboats in the way!

2.Jogging track was longer than the newer ships, so 6 laps around made up a mile.

3. Aft cabins on this ship are fantastic! We loved that the balcony was so deep, offering 2/3 covered shade and 1/3 sun. We had 4 padded loungers plus a large dining table with 4 padded chairs. Beautiful views and sounds of the wake.

Have a great cruise!

I've done this cruise twice. You'll love it!

For some more specific suggestions, you might check some of the roll calls. Start with your own, obviously, but also check out some other roll calls for the same cruise. That way you can see what people were doing. Also, the ports of call boards are a good resource.

Mmmm...what would I do differently? Pack less clothes and deffo less shoes lol.

So many 'Best Bits'...meeting some lovely new friends, visiting some new (and old) islands, meeting the best staff I have ever encountered in all my travels, eating wonderful food (especially in the Ocean Liner Restr), having wonderful Spa Treatments...the list could go on and on..but those of you who have been there...know :)

Hi Julie100,

Have a look at my review I recently posted on the same Constellation cruise that we took in February. I have tried to give an honest view on the islands, but obviously its our opinion. If you want tours of the islands, take a local taxi from the port area, its cheaper, they are very reliable and you can tailor the trip to meet your needs e.g. sightseeing and beach, plus you only pay the taxi once they have returned you to the ship before it sails.

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=97487

We thought the Tuscan Grill speciality restaurant on board was not good value for money, mainly because the food in the Main dining Room was so good.

Other than that, we tried to make sure we saw all the entertainment in the main Theatre as it was excellent. We saw the shows first and then went to the MDR afterwards.

Have a great cruise, I envy you and wished we were both back on her again, it was just wonderful.

Regards

Geoff

Nr Cambridge

UK

Thanks! I loved your review...thanks everybody for your replies :)

What would I have done differently? I would have stayed balanced on my Segway in Antigua, rather than fall off and tear a calf muscle!

I would also have tried Bistro on 5. Hear so many wonderful things but still never got around to it.

Unique to the Constellation is a flamboyant and controversial entertainer named Perry Grant. He has a very loyal following and his performances are always packed.

He performs in Michael's Club just about every night and occasionally gives a performance in the main theater as well. He sings and plays the piano, but his main attraction is the way he interacts with the audience.

There are some passengers who book the Constellation primarily for Perry, checking his dates in advance because they won't go if he is not on board.

Then there are also passengers who can't stand him.

Do at least give him a try to find out what all the fuss is about and so that you can form your own opinions.

Archived