Dress Length Question

I ordered this dress in black.

The description says "ankle length" and it truly hits just at the top of my ankle, not -surprise- a few inches above the ankle as shown on the tall model (I'm 5'5").

I'm not sure if I should have it taken up a few inches. It feels not quite right at that length...too long for tea length and too short for maxi.

Any opinions on that length? Would you be comfortable with that length?

I'll be contrary:p I think ankle length - with flat shoes - would be nice. I'm 5'5" and maxi dresses tend to drown me - I like at the ankle. Far better on me than mid-calf (if I wanted a knee length dress, that's what I'd order - I wouldn't order full length and then hem) If you don't like the length, and want it so much shorter, wouldn't it be better to return it and order the length you want?

[unless I'm misunderstanding and you wanted a mid-calf dress?]

Hoyaheel, I did want a mid-calf or a little longer. I'm going to shorten it just a bit, not knee-length. It's just an awkward length right now, but a few inches should do the trick. I love the style...it really is flattering on. And I can get several uses out of it by adding different accessories. Thanks for your input!

Archived